Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Sage  (Read 26171 times)

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
Re: Happy Birthday Sage
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 02:56:55 PM »
happy Birtdhay Sage! :birthdaycake

Carlos hopefully this will be the last birthday you'll be apart!

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »
Carlos,

I pray that this will be the last time that you and Sage will not be celebrating his birthday
apart. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you but we will get him back in the US soon.
We won't give up and Sage will be home next year.

Happy Birthday Sage and know that your dad loves you with all of his heart and is doing
everything to get you back home.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
Carlos, my thoughts and prayers are with you on this day that should be so joyous. As everyone else, I pray this is the last birthday you don't celebrate with him.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
 :birthdaycake to Sage!

Hopefully his next one will be back with you.

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 09:03:09 PM »
Happy Birthday, cutie!!!! Hope you're home soon!

:birthdaycake
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 03:25:06 AM »
Wish you a very happy birthday, Sage!

I pray this will be the last birthday you have to spend away from your dad.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »
:birthdaycake   Happy Birthday Sage!!!   :birthdaycake

Carlos - you and Sage are in my thoughts.  I pray that this will be the last birthday you are apart.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline greg4sean

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
Happy Birthday Sage,
I hope you have a wonderful birthday and get cake all over your face.  :hihi One day you will be with your dad again and you will learn how much he loves you. The force is with you Sage and  :birthdaycake
As Sean said to David: "Maximum Force"

Isaac Savoie: “The Force is in you Daddy!”

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
Thank you all for thinking of Sage and I on his birthday.  The past couple months have been very hard as I prepared for another birthday without my son and the two year anniversary of his abduction that follows shortly thereafter, but they have also borne witness to an improved dialog between myself and his abductors.   Once upon a time I was a lone father facing the mountain of finding and recovering my son in Mexico.  Today I have a legal team, a stack of court orders in my favor from both countries, contacts in my Senator's and Congressmen's offices, a very strong understanding of the social and legal phenomenon and BSH.  I have no doubt that this change in circumstances has more to do with the new found respect for Sage's right to have a father and the new found estimation of my character as a father and a human being than anything else.  

A month or so ago I had a long conversation with Sage's maternal grandfather.  I called him to talk about ending this legal battle and working on an agreement that allowed Sage to enjoy all his family.  I told him I thought they might be more willing to negotiate now that their legal options were all but exhausted.  He disagreed saying that they still had lots of options and said that he was now taking personal control and direction of the entire strategy surrounding Sage.  I told him he should have done that a long time ago and that it was too late to affect anything in the courts (we are in the final instance and no new evidence can be submitted.)  We basically agreed to disagree on that point and continued to talk about the situation.  It's important to note here that, prior to the abduction, basically none of my wife's family knew me.  This opened the door for her to invent any kind of garbage about me and our relationship that she wanted and resulted in me going very public about our history and relationship to counter these distortions and outright lies even before the legal battle started.  Sunlight is the best disinfectant and the truth dies behind closed doors.  I talked to him about how Sage was doing for a while and we ended the call agreeing to try to find ways to build trust when there was none (and the abductors get all the credit for that lack of trust.)

On Sage's birthday I tried calling Sage's mother and she actually answered (for the first time in 3-4 months.)  She told me about how Sage was doing and the plans they had for his birthday.  I didn't bring up any of the legal situation because I wanted her to be happy for Sage on his birthday, and hoped she would send me pictures afterwards.  Later that day her father sent me an email that also told me about their plans to celebrate Sage's birthday adding that he was glad to now know I'm a good man and that we should all be able to be happy about Sage's existence and good health on his third birthday.  Almost a week later he sent me 18 pictures of the birthday party, for which I am grateful.  Sage may be living in a polluted city of a dangerous third world country where he's not even learning English, but at least his abducting mother and her family take good care of him, for which I am also grateful.  

For much of this journey BSH has followed and supported me and I wanted to share some of these pictures with you:

There is a Catholic ceremony that they do at 3 years old which I am unfamiliar with, but that's the story behind this b-day picture

They rented this blow up Scooby Doo for the ocassion

A Batman costume was one of the gift's Sage picked for himself

Getting ready for the party

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:55:26 AM by carlos »
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »
On Sage's birthday I tried calling Sage's mother and she actually answered (for the first time in 3-4 months.)  She told me about how Sage was doing and the plans they had for his birthday.  I didn't bring up any of the legal situation because I wanted her to be happy for Sage on his birthday, and hoped she would send me pictures afterwards.  Later that day her father sent me an email that also told me about their plans to celebrate Sage's birthday adding that he was glad to now know I'm a good man and that we should all be able to be happy about Sage's existence and good health on his third birthday.  Almost a week later he sent me 18 pictures of the birthday party, for which I am grateful.  Sage may be living in a polluted city of a dangerous third world country where he's not even learning English, but at least his abducting mother and her family take good care of him, for which I am also grateful.
The relationship with my wife and her family is similar. After about a year of anger, I realized that it was much more productive to maintain a passive/aggressive relationship during this ordeal. Passive in that I have a good relationship with my wife and family; agressive in that I actively pursue the court battle.

Offline ANALE

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »
The pictures are beautiful and Sage is adorable.  Hope he had a great birthday but it's a tragedy that you were not there.  My prayers that you will be together the next one.  Keep you chin up!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
Carlos, he's such a beautiful little boy and how much he's grown!  I really hope this ends very soon for the both of you.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »
Carlos, while I know you'd prefer to have Sage home, it sounds like seeing pictures of him was quite good for a change. It definitely is good that your wife is willing to fill you in on how Sage is doing for a change. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us here. I look forward to the day that you are able to take pictures of your son at home :)

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
Carlos these are great pics! I hope you have the biggest birthday party for him next year (with you there of course!!!). I certainly hope this peace with the abductors family brings a happy reunion soon with Sage!

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 12:59:28 PM »
Carlos, I'm glad for both you and Sage that you're in touch with your in-laws and were sent these lovely pictures. He is an infinitely cute little boy and like all here, I hope the day that the two of you are reunited comes very, very soon.