Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: U.S. Rep. Rush Holt: Telephone Town Hall  (Read 4690 times)

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
U.S. Rep. Rush Holt: Telephone Town Hall
« on: May 18, 2009, 03:24:10 PM »
U.S. Rep. Rush Holt will be hosting a telephone town hall on Monday, May 18 beginning at 7:40 p.m. The one-hour listening session operates like a large conference call between Rep. Holt and Central New Jersey residents. To join, please call 1-877-229-8493 and enter the pin number 13864.
Please NJ residents ONLY. Let's ask him to do more, make sure he knows about Minister Vannuchi's statement and ask him to start hearings in Congress and for Sec. of State Hillary Clinton to apply more pressure.
Bob D'Amico

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
Re: U.S. Rep. Rush Holt: Telephone Town Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
Any news on this!? how did it go!?
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:42:26 PM »
Quote from: Bob D'Amico;21982
Please NJ residents ONLY. Let's ask him to do more, make sure he knows about Minister Vannuchi's statement and ask him to start hearings in Congress and for Sec. of State Hillary Clinton to apply more pressure.

Crap.. I missed it. How'd it go?

Offline Michele

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:04:51 AM »
They stated there were 700 participants on the call with high activity from Monmouth County.  I placed myself in queue, never expecting my call to be taken.  

He took my call and I stated that I was calling regarding an update to House resolution 125 and Senate resolution 37.  Mr. Holt said he didn't know the resolution numbers by heart, so I stated that it was regarding the Sean Golman matter.  Still a pause, so I further stated that it was regarding the little boy who was abducted and taken to Brazil.

Now that he knew what I was calling about, he provided background for the other callers, stated that it was a case he was involved in and ended by saying that resolutions are just resolutions and they don't carry any weight.  There was no new news offered by Mr. Holt and he didn't ask what my specific question was, once he determined the basis of the call.

Lesson learned:  Never assume they know what you are talking about.  From the start, provide adequate background, then without pause, ask your questions in rapid fire succession.

Offline ENR

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 08:10:38 AM »
Quote from: Michele;22034
They stated there were 700 participants on the call with high activity from Monmouth County.  I placed myself in queue, never expecting my call to be taken.  

He took my call and I stated that I was calling regarding an update to House resolution 125 and Senate resolution 37.  Mr. Holt said he didn't know the resolution numbers by heart, so I stated that it was regarding the Sean Golman matter.  Still a pause, so I further stated that it was regarding the little boy who was abducted and taken to Brazil.

Now that he knew what I was calling about, he provided background for the other callers, stated that it was a case he was involved in and ended by saying that resolutions are just resolutions and they don't carry any weight.  There was no new news offered by Mr. Holt and he didn't ask what my specific question was, once he determined the basis of the call.

Lesson learned:  Never assume they know what you are talking about.  From the start, provide adequate background, then without pause, ask your questions in rapid fire succession.

That's great you got through but I must say, I think Mr. Holt's response was really pathetic.  The fact he needed further background on the matter is terrible and shows how much he knows.  He needs to start being bombarded by constituents in his county so he can get a "refresher" and know that many heard his response last night.  He clearly needs to be called out on this especially if he wants to be re-elected!

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »
Quote from: Bob D'Amico;21982

I think I speak for many when I say that "I WISH I KNEW ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY"!......lol

I know that we are all busy but I didn't see this until this morning and would have loved to have called in......bummer
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline alleycat

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:06:57 AM »
and Holt is a us rep? If the Resolution is only a resolution that carries no weight ???? That's Bizzare ! what the H--  !!!!

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
Quote from: alleycat;22039
and Holt is a us rep? If the Resolution is only a resolution that carries no weight ???? That's Bizzare ! what the H-- !!!!

I'm emailing him now and letting him know of my disappointment......

I'm not from Jersey, but he doesn't know that and I'll come to New Jersey and campaign against him for free if he doesn't get to steppin......

I can't believe that he didn't know immediately what your call was about when you said Sean's name......

Unacceptable......:madgo:
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
This is soooooo out of line!
You know.... it doesn't matter the country!!!! politicians only change their addresses... THAT's ALL... MOST of them don't really - REALLY - care what the heck we are fighting for and in need of... with a few exceptions - and I don't say this lightly - A FEW exceptions - like Congressman Smith. :( :(
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
Quote from: alleycat;22039
and Holt is a us rep? If the Resolution is only a resolution that carries no weight ???? That's Bizzare ! what the H-- !!!!

He's got an office near me. There's a "sculpture" out front that looks like a broken ladder looping down into the ground. I had no idea it was representative of his DNA profile.. jackass.

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »
OMG Heather, be nice to those men with special needs...;)
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline zaxmom

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »
I am a central Jersey resident and would have called in.
I did not know about this Town Hall Telephone call in until I read Bob's Thread.  :madgo:

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »
Quote from: jdv28;22065
OMG Heather, be nice to those men with special needs...;)

HEE HEE HEE.. I just call 'em how I see 'em.

I'll try to find a pic of that ladder thing.. I just drove past it too.. wacky looking

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
Quote from: Michele;22034
They stated there were 700 participants on the call with high activity from Monmouth County. I placed myself in queue, never expecting my call to be taken.

He took my call and I stated that I was calling regarding an update to House resolution 125 and Senate resolution 37. Mr. Holt said he didn't know the resolution numbers by heart, so I stated that it was regarding the Sean Golman matter. Still a pause, so I further stated that it was regarding the little boy who was abducted and taken to Brazil.

Now that he knew what I was calling about, he provided background for the other callers, stated that it was a case he was involved in and ended by saying that resolutions are just resolutions and they don't carry any weight. There was no new news offered by Mr. Holt and he didn't ask what my specific question was, once he determined the basis of the call.

Lesson learned: Never assume they know what you are talking about. From the start, provide adequate background, then without pause, ask your questions in rapid fire succession.

I would have to ask him what the heck is the point in our tax dollars paying their large salaries if they are going to meet often and pass resolutions that carry no weight.  What's the point in their meetings?  What's the point in these resolutions?  How can he not know who Sean Goldman is?  :rolleyes:
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
I would hope that an audio recording of that coversation exists. When Rush-to-do-nothing Holt is up for re-election, his opponent can play it for the voters. (I live in his district).

And I wonder if Congressman Chris Smith was listening.