Bring Sean Home Foundation > International Abduction Cases

Obtaining Information About Your Case (Survey)

(1/54) > >>

tweinstein:
I was just informed that in a recent decision, the BCA decided that they will strictly enforce the formal chain of communication between the left-behind parent (LBP), Office of Children's Issues (OCI) Brazilian Central Authority (BCA) and Advogado Geral do Uniau (AGU). In other words:

LBP --> OCI --> BCA --> AGU --> BCA --> OCI --> LBP

While I was on the phone with one person in the office at the BCA, they indicated that they were calling the OCI from another line and answering my questions. They then instructed me to contact the OCI for answers. Future requests should be directly to the OCI.

They further indicated that they answer all inquiries from the OCI in a timely manner and that if I am not getting answers, it must a problem in the United States.

LBPs:
Please respond to this survey to indicate your experience as a left-behind parent.

Supporters:
Please respond to the last two questions to indicate your opinion in regards to the survey results.

NOTE: Please ignore the percentages when interpreting the results. They are a mix of responses from both LBPs and supporters.

rachelle4:
Hey! Someone changed the results.

tweinstein:

--- Quote from: rachelle4;22081 ---Hey! Someone changed the results.
--- End quote ---
I'd like to know who has full access to the BCA/AGU and OCI. I made the individual votes private so that people would participate. However, if a left-behind parent has full access to the BCA/AGU, as well as regular contact with the OCI, that means that the left-behind parents are not being treated equally.

rachelle4:
When you first posted the poll, there were 2 votes for The AGU/BCA will not communicate with me and the OCI is inconsistent. I am not able to stay updated about my case. Now there is only 1 vote. Can a voter change their vote?

tweinstein:

--- Quote from: rachelle4;22095 ---When you first posted the poll, there were 2 votes for The AGU/BCA will not communicate with me and the OCI is inconsistent. I am not able to stay updated about my case. Now there is only 1 vote. Can a voter change their vote?
--- End quote ---
There are two ways to change a vote.
1. A regular member has a 60 minute window to change a post.
2. An administrator/moderator can change a post at any time.

I'd like to think that in this case, #1 applied.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version