Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Close to the end - published by Folha de Sao Paulo, May 22  (Read 7567 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: Close to the end - published by Folha de Sao Paulo, May 22
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
I need a psychological evaluation like that one. Read Part 1 about the months-old evaluations I just got copies of today.

http://bringseanhome.org/forum/showthread.php?p=22494#post22494

Offline sara

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »
The Judge from the 16™ Vara Federal do RJ has not accepted the application to contest the expert report that, among other things, declares that Sean would easily adapt to life in the US.

It is very interesting that the dark side omitted that and apparently other unfavorable  portions from their "leaked" report to the media last month. Obviously, the expert report was honest, and probably very professional, unlike the dark side. I guess the dark side's report was not true at all.  Come on TRUTH SET SEAN FREE!!!

Offline chopchop

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 08:10:44 PM »
Hallelujah, it's about time we had some good news to cheer up the troops.  I can't wait to see Sean in David's arms, what a sight that will be.  

God bless the good people of Brazil who see the truth and aren't afaid to;

:clapping: :clapping::clapping:  "SAY IT".:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
Quote from: sara;22500
The Judge from the 16™ Vara Federal do RJ has not accepted the application to contest the expert report that, among other things, declares that Sean would easily adapt to life in the US.

Gee, you mean Globo reported all that BS about Sean saying he doesn't want to leave Brazil and now they're silent about this development? hmmm, sounds more than a little fishy. Hey Globo management, since we know you monitor the BSH website, we're still waiting...

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
Quote from: LukieD;22507
Gee, you mean Globo reported all that BS about Sean saying he doesn't want to leave Brazil and now they're silent about this development? hmmm, sounds more than a little fishy. Hey Globo management, since we know you monitor the BSH website, we're still waiting...

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
Quote from: liesl78;22400
by Monica Bergamo

The Brazilian Justice should decide in the coming days the destiny of the 8-year old boy whose custody is disputed by his American father, David Goldman, and his Brazilian stepfather, Joao Paulo Lins e Silva. The Brazilian family has "collected", in the past few weeks, many defeats. The Judge from the 16™ Vara Federal do RJ has not accepted the application to contest the expert report that, among other things, declares that Sean would easily adapt to life in the US. He did not think it was necessary to interview the boy again and has denied a request to investigate the American's financial situation.

One of the fears of the Brazilian family is that in case the Justice rules in favor of the father, says the decision has "immediate action" and allows the boy to leave Brazil on the same day.

Grandma Silvana should have been preparing Sean to be reunited with his father all along. That's what you do when you love someone. You tell them everythings going to be alright. I  believe that Sean WANTS to be with David. When given the opportunity to speak about what he wanted, he said, I'd rather stay here BUT YOU'RE THE BOSS.  (what kid would stand in front of his parent figure and say, YEAH, I want to go! Get me out of here.)  He WANTED the judge to make the decision for him, This way, he can't be BLAMED, and won't feel GUILTY in Silvana's eyes. I just hope they don't do or say something stupid that will affect Sean adversly.
The tension is so great that, the day before yesterday, Josť Antonio Toffoli, from the AGU, who defends the boy must be returned to his father based on international treaties that have been signed by Brazil, abruptly ended an audience with attorney Sergio Tostes, representing the Lins e Silva family. The professional accused AGU of acting illegally when defending that a Brazilian (in this case, the boy) leave the country; Toffoli answered that "you take care of your client and I'll take care of mine. This audience is over". :clapping:

Gotta love that guy. But more than that I respect his ability to act in a way that many that have been involved in this adventure have not been able to, with scrupulous professional  integrity, and common sense. I  have noted too that there have been many who have exhibited character, when character was needed. People like Judge Roberto Wanderley Nogueira among others.

Offline cathlabnurse

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
Quote from: JonathanR;22455
My stomach is churning!

Offline cathlabnurse

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »
This has been a very good development, we needed some positive notes like this after a very long wait.

Isabel

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
I haven't been able to come around for a while, and was hoping that Sean would already be home with David. Unfortunately that has not yet happened, but it does seem like it will happen soon.  I will keep praying for both of them.

And good for Mr. Josť Antonio Toffoli for walking out on that other guy. Now that is the type of lawyer I would want on my side!

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
Quote from: liesl78;22400
by Monica Bergamo

The Brazilian Justice should decide in the coming days the destiny of the 8-year old boy whose custody is disputed by his American father, David Goldman, and his Brazilian stepfather, Joao Paulo Lins e Silva. The Brazilian family has "collected", in the past few weeks, many defeats. The Judge from the 16™ Vara Federal do RJ has not accepted the application to contest the expert report that, among other things, declares that Sean would easily adapt to life in the US. He did not think it was necessary to interview the boy again and has denied a request to investigate the American's financial situation.

One of the fears of the Brazilian family is that in case the Justice rules in favor of the father, says the decision has "immediate action" and allows the boy to leave Brazil on the same day.

The tension is so great that, the day before yesterday, Josť Antonio Toffoli, from the AGU, who defends the boy must be returned to his father based on international treaties that have been signed by Brazil, abruptly ended an audience with attorney Sergio Tostes, representing the Lins e Silva family. The professional accused AGU of acting illegally when defending that a Brazilian (in this case, the boy) leave the country; Toffoli answered that "you take care of your client and I'll take care of mine. This audience is over". :clapping:

Ouch! Mr. Toffoli sounds like a winner - perfect!

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2022, 09:56:54 PM »

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2022, 09:58:01 PM »

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2022, 09:59:08 PM »