Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eduardo, our staunchest supporter at Globo  (Read 6590 times)

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Eduardo, our staunchest supporter at Globo
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »
http://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/brasilcomz/posts/2009/05/22/veja-dep-paes-de-lira-em-audio-video-bom-senso-188657.asp

For those who understand some Portuguese:

It's hard to keep up with all his posts about Sean's case. He has been incredible and publishing every new event about this case. See Representative Paes de Lira's speech for Sean's return.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:34:51 AM by liesl78 »

Offline kathy

Re: Eduardo, our staunchest supporter at Globo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
I wish i knew what he was saying ...Maybe someone could put english version for the video......It looks like tottes is sitting up there with davids attorney

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »
Grace?!?! WHat is this?!?!?! What are those videos?!? Can someone please tell us what this is about?

And Eduardo - I LOVE YOU!!!  Keep up the great work!  Publishing the truth! Imagine!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
Those videos are of Rep Paes de Lira who was the only one to stand up and defend the natural rights of David as a father, plus honor Brazil's commitment with the law and to international treaties.

He even mentions the case of a lady whose kids were abducted by the father to Lebanon, and she wasn't able to get them back because they were not signatory of such treaty.
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline caique mateus

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »
This was the famous audience where Sergio Tostes spoke to congressmen in Brasilia, sometime ago. This congressmand is expressing his thoughts. Here are some quotes:

"For this audience to be balanced, the other part should be here."

"There is no american father. There is father."

"Let's eliminate this expressions: biological and american."

"Human rights of the 3-year-old boy were seriously damaged (when he was illegally removed from his house by his mother)."

"Also, human rights of the father were seriously violated under they laws of any civilized country."

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
Teena, Wendy and all my American colleagues here: I really wish you could understand what Rep. Paes e Lira says here. HE WAS AMAZING!! So crystal clear, so convincing, so clearly laid out, just a wonderful speech.

The Brazilian heroes of this case: Paes e Lira, Judge Nogueira, Min. Toffoli, Patricia Lamego, blogger Eduardo de Oliveira and others.

The bad guys: Jose Dirceu, Fernando Gabeira, Vannuchi (all former guerilla members and America haters), along with Ruth de Aquino, Ancelmo Goes, Cora Ronai, Gloria Perez and some othr journalists.

They will stay in our memories.

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »
Can someone find an email for Representative Paes de Lira? I would like to thank him for standing up for what is right. He's my hero!

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 01:17:37 PM »
This is great! I mean I have no idea what they said but if you all are happy....so am I! it Sounds like it is good news. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:25:21 PM by Teena »
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
Quote from: Grace;22448
http://www2.camara.gov.br/internet/popular/falecomdeputado.html/

Would it be inappropriate to write in English?

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 02:24:46 PM »
Quote from: rachelle4;22450
Would it be inappropriate to write in English?
I don't think so. I wrote to Judge Nougiera (did I spell that right?) and he understood me perfectly. besides..it is better to write in English than not at all.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline :: ultranol ::

• http://www.twitter.com/ultranol
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
Man, if I had the time, I would translate everything he said. His speech was absolutely flawless. He speaks in perfect Portuguese, with an incisive tone, simply explaining why Sean (he even tries to use the correct pronounciation of his name) should return to his father. I promptly congratulated him in his blog.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 03:34:30 PM »
Well this is FANTASTIC news indeed!  Finally a sense of reality is becoming more prevalent! Now if they could just recognize the OTHER 50+ children being illegally retained in Brazil we'd really be over the moon!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
Quote from: Wendy;22469
Well this is FANTASTIC news indeed!  Finally a sense of reality is becoming more prevalent! Now if they could just recognize the OTHER 50+ children being illegally retained in Brazil we'd really be over the moon!
Make that 70+ children, 50+ LBPs. Both statistics from the United States alone.

Offline chopchop

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
Quote from: Grace;22448
http://www2.camara.gov.br/internet/popular/falecomdeputado.html/

Grace, I tried this link and it doesn't work.  Can it be fixed, I'd like to write to representative Paes de Lira.