Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Veja online today Mad Tostes.  (Read 5850 times)

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
Re: Veja online today Mad Tostes.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »
Quote from: liesl78;22552
In this case, this is irrelevant, because Hague is based on habitual residence of the child at the time of the abduction - New jersey. But we all know that already.

Well I think this is the important point. Sean was abducted regardless of his citizenship and whether or not he's a Brazilian native. Tostes is trying to stir up the nationalism and ignore the basic facts of the case.

Offline Odete

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
Quote from: LukieD;22513
Ok, I admit to being confused by this quote. Someone please tell me, is this quote from Tostes really accurate? "Brasileiro nato" translates to "Brazilian native" in English. "Nato" comes from the Latin word "natus" which means birth. You can be a citizen of two countries, which Sean is, but you can only be a native of one country because the word refers to your place of origin or birth. And last time I checked, Sean was born in Red Bank NJ, NOT Brazil.

You right. Sean is not a Brazilian native and never will be. He is carrying two nationalities due his mothers origin. But no matter what happens, even if one day he wants to become Italian or so, his documents will always show his place of birth as NJ, USA.

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »
I have logged in quickly from the airport. I saw this great comment at Brasil com Z, if anyone can translate so everyone can read that would be great.

Nome: Ronald Christian Alves Bicca - Email - 23/5/2009 - 18:03
Como Presidente da maior entidade da advocacia pública do Brasil, a ANAPE, repudio tais histerias contra AntônioToffoli. Quem conhece a história da Advocacia Pública sabe que há um divisor de águas. O anterior a Toffoli e o posterior, que é uma advocacia pública fortalecida e respeitada e SEM VIÉS PARTIDÁRIO. Digo isto sendo Procurador Estadual, não sou subordinado ao Ministro Toffoli mas vejo claramente que sua postura firme E SUA COMPETÊNCIA RECONHECIDA como Chefe da Advocacia Pública Brasileira já refletiu no fortalecimento das Procuradorias Gerais dos Estados. Acompanhamos diariamente o trabalho e palestras de Toffoli e tenham a certeza que tem a confiança da quase totalidade dos Procuradores dos Estados e dos advogados públicos e privados do Brasil. Dessa forma, os Procuradores que represento, que são cinco mil REAFIRMAM A TOTAL CONFIANÇA NO MINISTRO e fazem votos que o Brasil seja premiado com sua presença em cargo público de maior relevãncia, seja no STF ou outro cargo público que vier a ser designado.
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »
Sorry, just a quick google translate.
MORE GOOD SIGNS THAT THE CLEAR THINKING OF BRAZIL ARE TAKING OVER.

Nome: Ronald Christian Alves Bicca - Email - 23/5/2009 - 18:03

As President of the largest public advocacy organization of Brazil, the ANAP, repudiate such hysteria against AntônioToffoli. Who knows the history of Public Law knows that there is a watershed. The anterior and posterior to Toffoli, a public advocacy strengthened and respected and SEM VIES party. I say this is State Attorney, I am not subject to the Minister Toffoli but clearly see that his firm stance and their recognized expertise as Head of Public Advocacy Brasileira already reflected in the strengthening of the Attorney General of the States. Daily monitoring of the work and lectures Toffoli and I am sure it has the confidence of almost all the States Attorneys and the public and private lawyers in Brazil. Thus, the attorneys who represent, which is five thousand REAFFIRM A MINISTER IN TOTAL CONFIDENCE and HOPE that Brazil is winning with his presence in office of more relevance is the STF or other public office to be appointed.

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
as liesl78 said before, this talk about nationality is completely irrelevant. I thought Tostes was using it to gather favourable public opinion, but seems he really thinks it could help in the "legal ways".

"Brasileiro nato" doesn´t necessarily means Sean was born inside Brasil territory, wich obviously is not true, it just means his brazilian nationality is "original" and he wouldn´t have to initiate a proceeding to get br nationality and become "brasileiro naturalizado".

Ultima Instancia also published this story

http://ultimainstancia.uol.com.br/new_site/novonoticias/EM+NOTA+FAMILIA+DE+GAROTO+ALVO+DE+DISPUTA+ENTRE+BRASIL+E+EUA+ATACA+TOFFOLI_63958.shtml

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
btw, the UltimaInstancia article only shows Tostes´s letter, but seems to me 90% of the comments are favourable to David.

Offline sara

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
Quote from: André Felipe;22580
btw, the UltimaInstancia article only shows Tostes´s letter, but seems to me 90% of the comments are favourable to David.

André,
  How do you think Folha got the records of appeals and the evaluation of the psychologists? I would like to see more. Do you think they have the whole thing? Where can we find it?

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
I don´t know, anything about this case should not be released to the press.

Maybe some Court employee gave secretly the papers about the psychologistis evaluation to the newspaper.

Offline sara

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
Quote from: André Felipe;22584
I don´t know, anything about this case should not be released to the press.

Maybe some Court employee gave secretly the papers about the psychologistis evaluation to the newspaper.

Well it must have been really bad for them or they wouldn't want Sean to be evaluated again. So I think the report they published before must have ben made up.

Offline kathy

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »
Your exactly right !!!!   The psychologist evaluation must of went Davids way or else they wouldnt be trying to get Sean to go back and do it all over again...They are pulling at straws right now ...Sean is most deffinately coming home......

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »
Seems to me that by pounding away about Sean being Brazilian, Tostes and his like-minded compatriots are trying to turn this whole situation on its head and make it seem that David ("the gringo") is the abductor. Guess since they don't have a legal leg to stand on, the fallback strategy is sophistry.

Offline caique mateus

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 02:24:53 PM »
I have to say... most of the comments in Última Instância are incredibly bad written. I think the one called "Janaína" is a child.

Of course there are exceptions.

And most of them are favourable to David.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:25:30 PM by caiqueemateus »

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 05:48:36 PM »
Quote from: André Felipe;22584
I don´t know, anythrelated to the psychological evaluationing about this case should not be released to the press.

Wasn't there a release of information earlier related to the psychological evaluations, where they quoted Sean as saying 7 times he wanted to stay in Brazil? Wonder who released THAT information to the press?
I didn't see ANY protest regarding that "violation" of secrecy, by Tostes or JP. As  I recall, not one word was said by the dark side about that release which leads me to believe at the very least, they were happy with it, and at the worst, were responsible for it.

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:26 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;22643
Wasn't there a release of information earlier related to the psychological evaluations, where they quoted Sean as saying 7 times he wanted to stay in Brazil? Wonder who released THAT information to the press?
I didn't see ANY protest regarding that "violation" of secrecy, by Tostes or JP. As I recall, not one word was said by the dark side about that release which leads me to believe at the very least, they were happy with it, and at the worst, were responsible for it.
[/B]

All of the above........

Time for them to GIVE UP trying to keep Sean in Brazil and start thinking about what's best for Sean.....

That's what they claim they were doing all this time, but it's now time to REALLY start putting Sean 1st.......Lets see if they step up or continue down their path of lies and deception at Sean's expense......

God I hope they read this because it is sooooooo true........:burn:
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL