Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Case Update?  (Read 5296 times)

Offline KimmyRN

Case Update?
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
Can anyone please update where we are at? I have been reading other threads, but there seems to be a bit of bickering goin on... I am concerned and have been following this case since it aired on the Today show. What else can I do to help? Can anyone please take the time to answer or let me know what else can I do?
Thankyou,
Kimmy
P.S. The nurses of Illinois support David Goldman!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 02:06:37 PM by JamesJosephs »

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Case Update
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »
Quote from: KimmyRN;22762
Can anyone please update where we are at? I have been reading other threads, but there seems to be a bit of bickering goin on... I am concerned and have been following this case since it aired on the Today show. What else can I do to help? Can anyone please take the time to answer or let me know what else can I do?
Thankyou,
Kimmy
Thank you for all your support :)  We are all waiting for a ruling, no other update other than that.

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:50:05 PM »
Kimmy, your thread title made me think there were some grand news! You can add a question mark to it. My heart skipped a beat for a second.

Offline whartn

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:53:50 PM »
:conf:My ? Is SOS coming to Brazil this week?If she is then a strong possibility that Sean returns to US in her plane.If not,how long before AGU makes the decision since the federal court judge doesn`t seem headed in that direction?
This could last another 6 months w/ no decision.Sean needs to spend the summer with his dad enjoying the joys of NJ Beaches in the summer.

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »
Quote from: Grace;22767
Kimmy, your thread title made me think there were some grand news! You can add a question mark to it. My heart skipped a beat for a second.

I'm reacting that way to just about every post.. ;)

Offline meg3325

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »
Quote from: KimmyRN;22762
Thankyou,
Kimmy

Dear Kimmy,

I feel the same frustration.  Apparently a decision is forthcoming soon but don't hold your breath.  This case has dragged on forever.  I won't believe anything until Sean runs into David's arms.  I don't want to sound too negative, but please don't hold your hopes up.  It's such a complicated abduction case and we're dealing with a different country, different laws, red tape - you name it.  I'm sure something will eventually be resolved but at a heavy price.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »
Quote from: meg3325;22776
Dear Kimmy,

I feel the same frustration. Apparently a decision is forthcoming soon but don't hold your breath. This case has dragged on forever. I won't believe anything until Sean runs into David's arms. I don't want to sound too negative, but please don't hold your hopes up. It's such a complicated abduction case and we're dealing with a different country, different laws, red tape - you name it. I'm sure something will eventually be resolved but at a heavy price.

Meg..I understand your negative response but I refuse to believe this.  It's been FIVE YEARS...there is no WAY we are going to sit by and let this drag out if I have to drive to Washington and put up a tent in front of the damn Whitehouse!!  I think it's time we set a date for our next big action...like if Sean is not home by this date...we'll .......

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! :burn::burn:
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Wendy;22804
Meg..I understand your negative response but I refuse to believe this.  It's been FIVE YEARS...there is no WAY we are going to sit by and let this drag out if I have to drive to Washington and put up a tent in front of the damn Whitehouse!!  I think it's time we set a date for our next big action...like if Sean is not home by this date...we'll .......

if i go to war with anyone i'm bringin Wendy along

And yea...probably about time for another rally...i'll be there! :cheer:

*only this time it shouldn't be a peace gathering...a controlled protest would be of suitable nature, we must show we are not content with how things are panning out after so much attention, resolutions, high profile meetings to discuss it etc. I mean the Presidents talked about it...how much higher can you verbally escalate a situation before people DO something?
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline ENR

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

I love your fire Wendy!  I know it is as though we are dogs that get thrown a bone every once in a while to shut us up but is there any real legitimacy or truth behind these supposed statements or articles of progress that come out of Brazil saying "any day now" we will never know?  I agree, it is time to set a date...  It is evident Brazil has very little regard for USA and it is sad that they choose to take this out on the LBP community.  I think it is time to find a new effort...

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
Re: Case Update?
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »
Well, I read in the article about the loss of the position on the WTO,
"Celso Amorim didn't get tired of repeating that Brazil had two priorities: to choose Ellen and to do Rio the headquarters of the Olympic Games of 2016."
There's your answer. It's back to the Olympics.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »

Thank you for that :cheer:

You are right.  It is unacceptable that these proceedures take so long.  Somewhere along the road of constant delays, set-backs and mind numbingly slow progress I think I had gotten used to that "just being the way it works", but it doesn't have to and that is just one of the many ways that countries like Brazil are non-compliant.  There is no excuse for this to take so long.  We are not debating the answer to life, the universe and everything (it's 42 btw).  The questions here are clear and the answers obvious.  It is unacceptable that Brazil is taking so long to reach a decision and it is unacceptable that the US government is not pushing them for one.  Six weeks has passed since the US Congress unanimously demanded Brazil return Sean home.  Six weeks is the total amount of time that it should take to locate a child, hold a hearing and return them.  It is time someone in the US Government (as in President Obama) sends President Lula an Article 11 status request demanding to know why Sean has not been returned.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;22809
Well, I read in the article about the loss of the position on the WTO,
"Celso Amorim didn't get tired of repeating that Brazil had two priorities: to choose Ellen and to do Rio the headquarters of the Olympic Games of 2016."
There's your answer. It's back to the Olympics.

I honestly think Tokyo or Madrid will win the bid...but even so, is it possible to remove Rio from the final list of 4 once they've already been selected as a finalist?

Offline ENR

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
Quote from: dmdaven2;22811
I honestly think Tokyo or Madrid will win the bid...but even so, is it possible to remove Rio from the final list of 4 once they've already been selected as a finalist?

Maybe we should all write and find out :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:01:16 PM by tweinstein »

Offline jjsaunt

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »
On the other hand, why support Japan who still hasn't signed the Hague convention.

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
Quote from: jjsaunt;22816
On the other hand, why support Japan who still hasn't signed the Hague convention.

They plan on it in 2010...these things take time...and what I DO respect is that at least they are "bold" enough to not sign something that effects so many lives until they are ready...at least they are face value at saying hey, if you get caught up over here with a abduction case you're screwed...whereas Brazil signs a treaty and neglects to abide by it.

Respect for me goes to Japan over Brazil...at least they are keeping it real...Brazil is looking pretty shady.