Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hard to you Tim  (Read 5741 times)

SherylD

Hard to you Tim
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »
I am sorry Tim .... David & Sean's victory is probably hard for you to watch.  You and your children are in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
Re: Hard to you Tim
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »
Yes...Tim and all the others are in my prayers. BUT this case sets a precedent so hopefully this is good news for their cases also!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Sean P. Collins

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
I am very hopeful that this will open the door, so to speak, for all other LBPs all over the world. Whether a child has been illegally detained in Brazil, Mexico, USA or any other place in the world, it's time for them to be taken back to their rightful homes.

I also hope that many of these countries start complying with the Hague Convention that they are a signatory member of.

God Bless the prosecutor and the judge in Brazil for doing what's right.

"
Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done…here endeth the lesson."

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »
Thank you for remembering that there are others out there who still don't have their children. I agree that it is bittersweet for myself and the other LBPs, but only the most selfish person would not be ecstatic for David:D. I know that his suffering was much worse than mine as I have been able to maintain regular contact (for the most part) with at least my son.

However, I do have two fears:
1. The Brazilian judges will not view this as precedent. Once Bruna died, David's case became unique.
2. Once Sean returns to the United States, a large number of supporters(including the United States government) will disappear and efforts to bring back the rest of the children will be limited.

It is obvious that the only reason David got justice was through pressure from the media, public and government. I sincerely hope that my fears are unfounded.

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:28:08 PM »
I'm not going anywhere. I guess we'll just have to keep reminding our govt that Sean is not the only US child that has been abducted to another country.

SherylD

Re: Hard for you Tim
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »
Well said Rachelle!

Offline FC_Florida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 04:03:42 PM »
Tim,

I won't forget you and the other injusticed LBP.

Since yesterday, after the roller-coaster of feelings (elation, happiness, sadness, disgust), I realized how important it is to get the international community more involved about the complexity of Hague cases. it needs to be enforced, no matter what.
I am sorry. I was born in Brazil and I am so ashamed what goes on there.
My heart goes out to you, David and the other parents.
* FC_Florida *