Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Breaking NEWS - Judge decides Sean should stay in Brazil.  (Read 54898 times)

Offline janelr

Re: Breaking NEWS - Judge decides Sean should stay in Brazil.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »
If this is true then the U.S. government HAS to intervene on a more serious level!!!!  This is a freakin' sick joke!!!!!!!  I'm livid!!!!

Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »
woooww, they didn´t appealed to the second instance, they filled a proceeding (ADPF) directly to the Supreme Court!!

I am not really surprised with this preliminary decision, the minister ordered Sean stay in Brasil until the court decides the proceeding.

I can not say more details about this maneuver, I only hope the Supreme Court decides it fast.

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »
Blah, blah, blah! This is just another attempt by Bruna's family to save their asse(t)s. All this does is show the world once more that they don't give a crap about Sean's well being. This one will backfire

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »
Quote from: gail;25125
It's not even the judge that was looking at it. Something is fishy here.

Thats what I'm thinking.....

WHO posted this?

Hopefully, a troll......

Please tell me this is not the case......anyone?
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »
Quote from: André Felipe;25127
woooww, they didn´t appealed to the second instance, they filled a proceeding (ADPF) directly to the Supreme Court!!

I am not really surprised with this preliminary decision, the minister ordered Sean stay in Brasil until the court decides the proceeding.

I can not say more details about this maneuver, I only hope the Supreme Court decides it fast.
So what does this mean??? How long could it take?
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »
Don't you think they will?  I mean they've got  a US Congressman over there right now, I would hope they would be done with this right away.  This is sick, they cannot take custody away from David.

Offline joey2051

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »
Can this case even be analyzed by the supreme court.  They better deny the case right away.

Offline lisacallenwood

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 08:30:18 PM »
I just saw a brief notice on Oglobo, too.

Yep....more skanky business going on. OMG...poor DAVID!!

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »
Quote from: Teena;25130
So what does this mean??? How long could it take?

an ordinary ADPF may take a year, but, as this is about Sean Goldman, maybe some weeks, I hope.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 08:31:38 PM »
I think we all need to calm down and first make sure that this is accurate first and that it's actually official.  Mark or someone...please verify this is what's happening or not.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline mgs2510

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »
What is ADPF?

Offline joey2051

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »

Offline MCD

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »
Argüição de Descumprimento de Preceito Fundamental  ADPF

I did not get it well, but it looks like that is their right to make sure no constitutional laws were broken with the sentence.

I hope it backfires with Ms. Clinton going to Brazil and telling them off (I wish).

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »
Quote from: gail;25132
Don't you think they will? I mean they've got a US Congressman over there right now, I would hope they would be done with this right away. This is sick, they cannot take custody away from David.

I guess they can.......

They have done it 100 times so far........

Anything can happen in a country with a corrupt judicial system....that's how I feel.......

SOMEONE from the U.S. needs to be making calls RIGHT NOW saying "enough is enough" already.......

Are you kidding me?

Dave is getting the kind of treatment that those idiots DESERVE....Dave deserves Sean but gets THIS???????

Sorry, but thats how I feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
A year?  They had better get this done tonight, this is insane.  So a person can take your child and keep them for a year before Brazil decides you can take your child home?  I'm really angry.