Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Breaking NEWS - Judge decides Sean should stay in Brazil.  (Read 54883 times)

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
Re: Breaking NEWS - Judge decides Sean should stay in Brazil.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »
Quote from: joey2051;25133
Can this case even be analyzed by the supreme court. They better deny the case right away.

this was tottaly unexpected to me, I believe they thought they wouldn´t take a chance at the second level and filled a proceeding directly to the Supreme Court.

Right now, I can not imagine wich arguments they used to fill an ADPF at the Supreme Court. Maybe the press release something about its content.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 08:33:37 PM »
Just because it's on Globo doesn't mean it's fact!  They've shown before that they are more than capable of printing lies.  I can't believe this can actually happen!!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline zaxmom

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
Is Chris Smith over there with David? Do we know positively?  Does David have GOOD support with him?????  :conf:

Offline chopchop

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »
Okay, I have offically had it for today.  To much of an emotional rollercoaster ride (I can only imagine how David and family must feel).  I guess if your Brazilian you can get a court order on demand~~what bulls%$t!!!

Offline kathy

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »
No really this is bullshit and someone better make this right ....I mean this family needs their a&&&& kick..Is this some sick joke!!!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »
Okay people, now what do we do?  I'm ready to fly to Brazil.  This needs to be plastered all over the news, what an abuse of justice.  I hope Dateline goes on and on about this and that everybody else picks it up as well.

Offline lisacallenwood

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:08 PM »
Actually it looks like in Brazil someone can take your child and keep them as long as they want if they've got the deep pockets. What a bunch of slime balls.

Offline Feltian

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »
That's too sad. I can't follow this anymore. If it is painful for ME, I imagine how David is feeling now. I'm so sorry David.

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »
Quote from: Wendy;25138
I think we all need to calm down and first make sure that this is accurate first and that it's actually official. Mark or someone...please verify this is what's happening or not.

unfortunately it´s official:

http://www.stf.jus.br/portal/processo/verProcessoAndamento.asp?numero=172&classe=ADPF&origem=AP&recurso=0&tipoJulgamento=M

they used a party to fill the ADPF, PP- Partido Progressista, I truly hope they used good arguments for a party can fill this ADPF in order to suspend that decision, otherwise I won´t consider Marco Aurelio my favourite Minister any more...

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 08:36:17 PM »
It should be denied.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »
Andre...OMG please tell me that this is not going to drag out!!!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:01 PM »
Seriously! WHAT CAN WE DO??? MARK!!!! WHERE ARE YOU! I cannot just sit here and do NOTHING! Can we call someone???? We have to do SOMETHING! Should we blow up the phones at the White House? Enough is ENOUGH!!!!!!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »
I have to apologize. I am usually a proper person, but I'm going to go out of character for a moment. WHO THE XXXX DO THEY THINK THEY ARE TO TOY THIS THE WELL BEING OF A CHILD!!!!!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »
Chris Smith is going to go nuts.  Just wait, there is going to be hell to pay for this one.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »
If they can decide in 24 hours to keep Sean in Brazil why can't they decide that quickly to send him home?!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org