Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dear David,  (Read 91585 times)

Offline Evadc

Dear David,
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
Dear David
I'm Brazilian married to an American citizen and I have been fighting with/for you since last summer if I'm not wrong.
I am NOT a proud Brazilian because there is nothing to be proud of besides being proud of my family,friends,community and who I turned out to be growing in a place where chaos and disrespect to the justice is cultural.
I am really sorry about your story but I also think we are all heading to a happy ending this year.
I am amazed with everyone's help,amazed with the progress of the case and like everyone here, I am praying for you and Sean.Better days will come soon for you and your boy,we will not give up on your cause and many more fathers who had their kids taken away from them.
May God Bless your heart and touch the Federal Judge's heart while making decisions for Sean to come home with you.
Hang in there!Together we will make a Tsunami for Sean.
See you in March 17th!

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
Dear David,
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 03:28:01 AM »
David -

I'm one of Bob D's SSc guys and a DC denizen.  Obviously, there are LOTS of people pulling for your and Sean's reunion here in the states, and lots of people pulling every string they can to get this done.  It WILL pay off in the end.

In the best of all possible worlds it won't be necessary to have the rally on 3/17, but should it still be on I'll look forward to meeting you there.  One thing I know for sure... we're going to turn out in force.

Should things reach the favorable conclusion we all pray for before that, I'll look forward to booking a charter with you and your new first mate!

Keep the faith, David!

- Chuck Caspari
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline teebee

Thinking of David and Sean
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 10:37:32 AM »
Goldie,

Jess and I and the kids keep you and Sean in our thoughts daily.  We can not wait for this "Living Nightmare" to end for you both...  Abigail, our oldest child has repeatedly asked me to go fishing with you and Sean when he returns into your arms in the US... Not a day goes by when she doesn't ask if Sean is back with his Daddy yet...  She wants to meet him and you and learm more about Daddy and his friend that she has never met but heard many stories about.   Again, our thoughts and prayers are with you for the Return of Sean to your waiting arms soon.

Todd aka "CLYDE"

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
Dear David,
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
Dear David...

I have been consumed by your story for weeks now.  I have reviewed thousands of petition signatures at the request of Steve Wash on the Facebook site and it's overwhelming to me the support that you have...and rightfully so!  Of the over 15,000 signatures I personally have reviewed, there might have been three that had questionable or inappropriate content.  That shows amazing empathy and support for you and Sean to be reunited.

As the mother of a 6 year old boy, I can't even begin to comprehend what you have gone through...but what breaks my heart the most is what that family has put your son through.  I know that my son would be devastated to be separated from his father and I can't comprehend how this family could be so cruel.  

I know in the depths of my soul that you will have Sean back and soon!  I also believe that your struggle will also benefit thousands of other children who have been abducted and held from left-behind parents because the Hague Convention has not been upheld by countries such as Brazil.  You are an exemplary father and an inspirational human being and it has been my extreme pleasure to have been able to help in any way possible.   I only wish I could do more from Canada!  Take care and know you are in my thoughts.

Wendy Irving
Kitchener, Ontario Canada
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

dingersol

I'm here
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
Hello,

Since following this from around September / October of 2008, it is wonderful to see all the support and momentum this is taking on.  The websites, media exposure, and petition were wonderful tools to gain public concern and support.
The petition seems to be doing really well, but I am still amazed after the number of months that have passed Sean is still not home.  Every time I think about it my heart aches for you David.  
I was so happy to hear you were finally able to spend some time with your son; however, you having to leave him must have been difficult, so my heart goes out to you as you are facing all these difficult tasks.
I am writing to every Senator and Representative and President Obama, and hope this is resolved by the Brazilian President's visit, or even before.  Certainly, they must realize the negative publicity this gives their country.  I love Survivor, but have been thinking of writing to the station and boycotting it because it was filmed in Brazil.  I love the show, but thousands of US dollars are pouring in Brazil through tourism, maybe if that were stopped, with the government knowing why it may make a difference?
I am feeling disappointment that not one Senator or Rep from Washington is supporting the resolutions yet.  I hope there are more members from Washington State registered.  We really need to work in our state to get these supported!  
David, you are in my families thoughts and prayers, I so wish I could be in DC for the March rally, funds are tight but you have my voice!  
I want to thank all the administrators for making it easy, for us who want to write, to access the correct individuals, and providing all the contact information.  It makes my time I spend writing much more effective, so thank you!!!
You are all in my prayers, Sean will be home soon!! :)

Debbie
Washington State

Offline tagara1

Dear David,
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »
David -

Hope, prayers, and best wishes.  When I saw your story on Dateline I literally said out loud "NEVER GIVE UP!" at the end of the program, then proceeded to see how I could help by contacting my representatives.  I've been following this story since Dateline, and keep looking with hope everyday for any snippet of news.  Like many others here, especially the parents, we get so emotionally charged from your story.  It's a complete injustice, and the clock is ticking.  Kudos to you for staying the course with such tact.  May God bless your quest, and we'll keep pushing for action and results while supporting you with prayer.  When Sean does get home, he'll have a lot to read about how much his Dad loves him, how much he fought for him, and how much America stands behind you.  God Bless.

Adam
A Father from MN
Bring Sean Home.

Offline Kimberly

Dear David,
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 11:12:40 PM »
Hello I saw your posting.  What a thoughtful message.  Perhaps you can send a letter to the Larry King Live show tomorrow as we are all planning to send them emails telling them about this story and urging them to please put David on.  The international exposure could help to make a difference for Sean and David's case.

Anyway, thank you for your consideration.
the address if you are intested is:
LKLshow.ideas@cnn.com

;)
Quote from: tagara1;260
David -

Hope, prayers, and best wishes. When I saw your story on Dateline I literally said out loud "NEVER GIVE UP!" at the end of the program, then proceeded to see how I could help by contacting my representatives. I've been following this story since Dateline, and keep looking with hope everyday for any snippet of news. Like many others here, especially the parents, we get so emotionally charged from your story. It's a complete injustice, and the clock is ticking. Kudos to you for staying the course with such tact. May God bless your quest, and we'll keep pushing for action and results while supporting you with prayer. When Sean does get home, he'll have a lot to read about how much his Dad loves him, how much he fought for him, and how much America stands behind you. God Bless.

Adam
A Father from MN

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
A prayer delayed is not a prayer denied.
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 12:21:18 AM »
Father, you know our difficulties and our needs.
In your love we can overcome all things;
Strengthen our confidence and our faith,
And let us know your fatherly care.
Lord, grant us the grace to meet our tasks
and responsibilities with calm and fortitude;
consoled by you, help us bring
encouragement to our brothers.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen

Comforting Blessing

May you see the light in the darkness during these challenging times.
May you feel the loving presence of those who hold you in their thoughts and prayers.
May your spirit find what it needs to sustain you on this journey.
May you discover your inner strength and face all difficulties with dignity and grace.
May you be filled with comfort, love, strength, grace and a lasting sense of peace.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Irish17

Our Unconditional Support For You David
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
Hi David,

Since I began working on this campaign about 6 months ago, it has become a very important part of me.  I talk to anyone and everyone about it. I wear a t-shirt about it, have posted bumper stickers on my car and my husband's car. There is nothing that I will not do to bring Sean home permenently to live with you in Tinton Falls New Jersey.

I have also seen the numbers of supporters grow in numbers like I can not believe. You have brought attention to a very serious issue and all of the parents & children involved are thankful.  I know that Sean will be home with you, he will be enjoying your wonderful home and learning all about life with you.   Both of you will go through the painful yet neccesary part of healing, yet with the bond that you two share, there is no doubt in my mind that you & Sean will be as close if not closer then before.

David, please know that you have all of my family's support. We are behind you and are working on this campaign very hard.  We loook forward to the day when we can go out on the great ocean aboard Sean2 with you & Sean to fish, to laugh and to enjoy life.  It can not be long now.....

All the very best David, you & Sean are always in our prayers.

Irish17;)

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Dear David,
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »
We're getting him back.  Nothing like a bunch of angry mother's :)

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
Quote from: gail;409
We're getting him back. Nothing like a bunch of angry mother's :)

I second that!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline dana

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
David,

I have been so upset w/ your situation since I watched your story on Dateline (Jan.30, '09).  I have been praying for you and Sean daily since then.  I have been consumed w/ helping anyway that is feasible for me.  (e-mailing, calling and passing the word to family and friends). Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the rally in DC due to distance and my 2 young children.  I will be there in spirit. Just know that so many people feel like you and Sean are family.  We are doing everything to help this horrible injustice.
You are a wonderful person and justice will prevail!!
I continue to pray for God's blessings on you and Sean, and that you are reunited very soon at your home in NJ- the USofA!!

Keep the faith!

Offline dana

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »
I make it a 3rd!

Offline tstravis

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 09:56:54 PM »
David,
Keep the faith! They tried to sweep your case "under the rug" because you were just one person.... but you are not just one person anymore!! We are all behind you and will work and pray till Sean is home, tucked in down the hall!

I saw this on another post, and I am putting into all my emails that i send...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke.

Hope you get some peace soon!
tstravis

diane g

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 10:24:06 PM »
Dear David,
 Ever since I saw your story on Dateline I have been praying every night that you get Sean back!Your story broke my heart like it did to so many people.I feel so positive  that the right people are involved with your case and that things are moving towards reuniting you with your son.

I know he will be with you soon and the two of you will be able to heal from all of this horrible mess and move on with your lives.Then you will continue to be the wonderful father that you are! Don't lose hope!Hang in there!