Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dear David,  (Read 92885 times)

Silvina

Re: Dear David,
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »
I 've learned about your case today in a Dr Phil show. I beleive it was aired last year but in Europe it gets delayed. I've been reading the updates on the blog. I was really heartbroken about the story. But mainly, I pray that justice is made in a South American country. I'm originally from Argentina and fighting brasilian laws about a different subject for years. It is about a property so it does not compare with your case in that extent. But one of the points I wanted to make is that everytime I wanted to use the justice there, most of the people advising me there were totally hopeless on the corrupted brasilian justice system, in their minds it does not work. And I think it is a really sad reality that needs to be changed. Unfortunatelly in South America there are many influential families that step over the systems and in those countries they are allowed to do it somehow, I beleive is the case of Sean's stepfather. The fact that Sean is american and the public attention are the best hopes and I'm really looking forward for justice to be made. I hope that this is an eye opener for the world on how the laws in South America work only for the influential people, because they have the power to bend it. It needs to be a stop to that abuse and I know this will be a successful story.
My prays are with you.

Silvina

Offline joey2051

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 12:19:42 PM »
Well then if Dr. Phil just being aired in Europe thats big because their will be a lot more attention now!

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
David...Having gone thru this & still struggling, now that you've SEEN, TOUCHED, & SPOKEN to Sean, he KNOWS more in his heart what the deal is than ever before.  Take comfort in that.  Knowing you're fighting for him, & simply that he's WANTED by you has to make his heart overjoyed.  We CAN imagine whats been told to him all these yrs, & YOU gave him hope again that'll he'll be with you shortly.  Take comfort and joy in that.  Yes that was me that called and said hi to you.  Something I needed to do.
Jill
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline paigefaust10

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 05:55:47 PM »
David, ever since Dateline aired your story back in late January, I believe it was, my heart ached for you and I knew that I had to do SOMETHING, anything to help out, even if I'm located on the other side of the country. Your plea at the end of the show saying that all you needed was help tore me apart. Thank goodness Chris Smith was watching and thank goodness for his wife in saying "You need to do something".

I'm a mother of a 3-year old son and the bond that he has with his father is unbreakable. I could never keep them apart. Just know that your bond with Sean will never break. It was proven only weeks ago when you saw him. And when he's back in your arms, it will only grow stronger.

Also know that you have so many supporters fighting for you, David. You're not alone, although I'm sure at times it feels like it. This story only has one ending and that is when Sean is at home in Tinton Falls, NJ with you tucking him into his bed. I can't see it any other way and nor can anyone else. Unfortunately, I can't make it to DC; although I would love to meet you and give you the biggest hug; but I will be there in spirit fighting all the way.

All my best,

Paige Faust
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Offline katie

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 08:05:55 AM »
David -
Just keep imagining the day that, as his father, you send him off to his first prom or teach him to drive or make a toast at his wedding or wait up because he's late for curfew.  All of those things WILL happen and all of this will be far past you and maybe not forgotten but at least healed in some way.
I can't imagine the loss and anger you must feel.  Something was stolen from you and you were horribly, horribly wronged.  But that time of your life will be ending soon and you two will begin to rebuild.  
We're all working hard for you because you deserve to have your son back!  
Hang in there......this will all soon be over and Sean will be home in New Jersey with his father.
Katie

Offline tenorplus

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »
David -

Just a note to encourage you in the midst of this terrible struggle. It has been my pleasure to work on this since the startup of the website - and I WILL stay with this until Sean is home with you. The days, weeks, months and years have been long and hard for you, sucking away all that meant the most to you. We want to see Sean home and you able to be restored to yourself in all ways... to be blessed as you should... and to be honored as it due to a man of your caliber.

Yes, David - you are a tremendous example to so many! You have been strong when the going has been the toughest... and shed tears of great pain and sorrow, which is all the more that I/we respect you.

My prayers and my efforts are for you each day, until you/we see this through to completion. Be strong... and of good courage... and encouraged that each day brings you closer to Sean coming home.

Thanks for being such an example!

tenorplus

Offline Mags

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »
I'm a mother of 3 from Tinton Falls, I live only a few blocks from you and I'm ashamed to say, I only first heard of your nightmare when Dateline aired.  After Dateline ended that night, I went into my children's rooms and gave them smothering kisses while they sleep. No different than all the others supporting you, this has touched me in a way that I can't explain. As I have said to my husband, if this were our children and something happened to them, we would want any and all support from whoever was willing to offer. I promise to continue making calls, sending emails and whatever else is possible. My family and friends are all on-board, doing whatever they can.  Anyone who will listen to me, I find myself discussing your situation and the other children abducted and left in Brazil.  Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you daily.  I have great hope that Sean will be home soon and someday, he will realize how special his father is. :)

Molly Cimini

Offline joey2051

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »
David-

I'm just going to keep it short for now, but you have opened up my eyes.  I am young and am now questing why I'm proceeding down such a monetary-driven career when this can happen at any moment.  Why am I planning on living the American life, the average powerless life the government wants you to have, when this is how they treat us.  Why am I pursuing a materialistic lifestyle when you prove their is so much more.  Now I am wanting to join a career where I can make a change, a positive change.  Why should I be born, go to school, have kids and save up, and then live a decent retirement.  What is the point in that.

A similar situation has happened to both my brother and uncle.  Two men who I know would never get angry, who were thrown out of their house by their wives, one for an unknown reason, and one citing aggressive behavior.  I know this isn't true, and although all is now forgotten, they missed precious months with their kids.

Why is their so much bias towards male fathers.  Sure, there are those who abuse theirs wives and children, but why should the loving, caring, hardworking, fathers have to suffer from those very few, isn't that what were preached everyday, not to judge everyone by the actions of the few.

The atrocity of the situation, you missed out on the best four years of your son's life, I just hate this fact, and the way you have never given up has given me a new outlook on my future.  You remind of my brother who has worked so hard throughout his life, just wanting a family, and then years down the road realizes he married a girl he really didn't know, but he would never leave her.  I love my brother and I cannot imagine him going through those lonely four years you have gone through.  All he ever wanted was a family.  

My brother has recently gone through a lot of stress because of his situation and I hate seeing him stressed and I feel so sorry for him because I know how hard he has worked and how innocent he is.  He has faced so much injustice and everyday is a struggle, but I now he wouldn't trade it for anything.  That is why I feel such compassion for you, because you guys are so similar and I hate seeing that stress he goes through.  It makes me lay awake at night wondering why this heartless women has made him go through all this when he has worked so hard.

This is why I can't help but spend all of my waking hours checking for updates on the case, emailing officials, trying to find some helpful article on the internet.

I  can't even watch any of the videos anymore, look through the myspace site, or read through some of the articles, because I can't help but picturing my brother in all of this.

And that is why, even though I am not your family, I feel so close to you.  I don't know what I would do if my brother had to go through those four years; four years lost, four years he would never get back.  

Never give up,
J

Offline Jackie in Upstate NY

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
Hey David - fine example of strength in numbers - could you ever imagine ?! Nobody will give up - ever ! Hang tough and take care of yourself -

Offline KarmaGirl

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »
Hi David,

Just wanted to say that I am one of the many who felt devastated by your story and your pain.  I have three young children of my own, one age 4, and one age 8, one age 10, and I see the difference in those ages and I am heartbroken by all that you've missed of Sean's childhood.

If it helps, the frustration and determination is growing with me and those I know who are watching this case.  

Honestly, when I signed the petition and saw all the people signing and adding supportive comments from around the world, from Jordan to Norway to Brazil to South Africa . . . .I, for the first time, felt a part of our world community.  My anger has subsided a bit, seeing the goodness from all these people.  This is something that makes me and others realize that regardless of culture or political tensions, we are human first, and parents from all over the world understand your pain.  

It is emotionally exhausting for ME to be emailing and worrying about your case, but I do so willingly, to be a part of something that is righteous and because I cannot stand the thought of this happening in my family and not having world wide support to get my child back.  I WANT to help, and am frustrated by the lack of results, but I'm not slowing down.  I speak for many people who aren't on this forum, we all feel the same way.  We will continue to help until Sean comes home.  

I know if this did happen to me, you would be one of the first people to step in and do what you could.

I am hoping that justice will be served soon, and please know you are in our hearts, our thoughts, our prayers and please remember there are good people world wide, not everyone is like the Lins E Silva family, so ready to abuse their power and hurt innocent people.  I believe the vast majority of the world are peaceful and loving and want good things for everyone.

I am an attorney who just helped someone very deserving gain custody, after a 1.5 year battle.  Time and time again, I saw the reward of telling the truth, following the rules, and eventually justice prevailed.  This was pro-bono work and it was very rewarding to know that sometimes the good guy wins.  It is tempting to fight fire with fire, but that never seems to work.  So, stay on the path you are on and let justice prevail.  The damage that has been done can't be undone, but I pray you and Sean can make up for lost (stolen) time, soon.  He will have your influence for the rest of his life, and this time away will slowly fade in to the distance.  

Please take care and be hopeful today,

Love,

KarmaGirl
The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.   MLK jr

Offline LDJVR

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »
Hang in the David. I'm so sorry for this horrible suffering that Satan has bestowed upon you using these wicked unbridled animals. Those Wild Donkeys owe you $$$$millions$$$$ in damages! You Will get divine justice which has already started. You are being prayed for by thousands of people including Brazilians. Read these verses in the bible. Read from the bible what God says about injustice. Psalm 94: 20-23
God bless you and that precious boy of yours! LaDonna

Offline missylynn

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 10:51:49 AM »
We are thinking of you and praying for the return of your son as soon as possible.  This is a terrible injustice to you and Sean and our hearts break for you.  No matter how difficult it becomes, I hope you can take at a least a little comfort in knowing that you are doing the right thing and at the end of the day, Sean will learn the truth and will know how much you love him and how hard you are fighting for him.  Know that there are so many supporting you and that we will not rest until justice is served and Sean is home with you.  God bless.

Marci

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »
Quote from: LDJVR;1390
Hang in the David. I'm so sorry for this horrible suffering that Satan has bestowed upon you using these wicked unbridled animals. Those Wild Donkeys owe you $$$$millions$$$$ in damages! You Will get divine justice which has already started. You are being prayed for by thousands of people including Brazilians. Read these verses in the bible. Read from the bible what God says about injustice. Psalm 94: 20-23
God bless you and that precious boy of yours! LaDonna

The Hague Convention gives the judge the option to order the abducting parent to pay any fees incurred by the left-behind parent.
----------
Article 26
 Each Central Authority shall bear its own costs in applying this Convention.
 Central Authorities and other public services of Contracting States shall not impose any charges in relation to applications submitted under this Convention. In particular, they may not require any payment from the applicant towards the costs and expenses of the proceedings or, where applicable, those arising from the participation of legal counsel or advisers. However, they may require the payment of the expenses incurred or to be incurred in implementing the return of the child.

However, a Contracting State may, by making a reservation in accordance with Article 42, declare that it shall not be bound to assume any costs referred to in the preceding paragraph resulting from the participation of legal counsel or advisers or from court proceedings, except insofar as those costs may be covered by its system of legal aid and advice.

Upon ordering the return of a child or issuing an order concerning rights of access under this Convention, the judicial or administrative authorities may, where appropriate, direct the person who removed or retained the child, or who prevented the exercise of rights of access, to pay necessary expenses incurred by or on behalf of the applicant, including travel expenses, any costs incurred or payments made for locating the child, the costs of legal representation of the applicant, and those of returning the child.

Offline anna42

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »
I hope the hearing demands the immediate release of Sean and makes this cruel family pay for all your expenses!!!

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »
Dear David,

It's been many years since I've seen or spoken to you. I just learned of your situation after joining Facebook and talking to Karen and Githens a few months back.

I wanted you to know that ALL of your old friends from Va. Wesleyan are supporting you as much as they can. I've spoken w/ Gooch ( Nicole James ), Angie Knight, Amy Moss, Taylor Grissom, Jocelyn Willis, Liz Slaven, Maryanne, Chuck Kumkey's family, and many others who remembered you fondly and are all praying for you. Each of these people have expressed outrage along w/ concern for you and Sean and they all said to give you their best wishes.

We have emailed, written, and called our Congressmen and Senators and so far it seems as though the state of Virginia has responded fairly well. We will not stop until all of our representatives have signed on to Resolutions 125 and 37 respectively.

As a single parent of a 6 year old son, I can only imagine the heartache you have experienced. Nobody can imagine what you are really going through. But as I watch you on TV and read about you in the papers, I am inspired by your strength, love, and resolve. The momentum has seemingly turned in your favor and hopefully you will have Sean back home in a matter of days, not months. Until then, stay strong and no that you are not by yourself.

If you ever need anything from and of us, just email me or call and I can assure you that we will do all that is in our power to help.

God Bless you and Sean,

Jonnie Lester
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL