Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dear David,  (Read 91564 times)

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
Dear David,
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
Due to the Gag Order in Brazil, David Goldman is not allowed to participate in the independently owned and operated BringSeanHome.org website but he can still READ.

If you would like to post a support message for David please add it on to this thread.
Bob D'Amico

Offline snoslidr74

We are behind you!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
David,

I had not heard of your case until I saw the Dateline NBC special in January 2009.  I was heart-broken.  As a father, I cannot even imagine your grief and frustration.  Like many others that have heard of your story, I felt compelled to help in some way.  Just know you are not alone! Through the bringseanhome website, facebook, and this forum, the word is spreading like wild-fire.  We will not rest until Sean is back home with you!  Hang in there!

God bless you,

Brad

Isabel

Dear David,
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »
David,

Only recently did I find out about your story by chance, and cannot get it out of my mind. As a mother, just the tought of having my children taken from me horrifies me. I cannot even begin to imagine the nightmare it must actually be to go through what you have been going through for the past 4.5 years.

Rest assured, you are not alone. You may not be allowed to talk about the tremendous injustice of which you and Sean have been victims, but we certainly can. I have written about your story on my Portuguese blog and intend to tell all that will listen what is going on in the Brazilian Courts. Money and good connections may buy justice in Brazil, but it does not by the silence of those that believe in freedom of speech, in justice, and in just plain fighting for what is morally correct.

Let them try to gag us all.

Stay strong for Sean. Soon I am sure you will be together.

Offline Aida

• Veteran Member
Dear David,
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 08:27:34 PM »
David i know that Sean will be home soon. We all are making a difference. Stay strong. Help is on the way.

Offline Bean22

Dear David,
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Dear David-
Words cannot even begin to describe how moved I am by your story, your sacrificial, unending love for Sean and the amazing support that your faithful friends and countless, faceless supporters are relentlessly sending your way. Count me among the multitude that is emailing and making calls, praying and believing that the time has come for this horrendous wrong to be righted. God's strength to you! Robin

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Dear David,
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
David,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that you and Sean are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. Be blessed.

Missy

We are saved by trusting. And trusting means looking forward to getting something we don’t yet have––for a man who already has something doesn’t need to hope and trust that he will get it. But we must keep trusting God for something that hasn’t happened yet, it teaches us to wait patiently and confidently. And in the same way––by our faith––the Holy Spirit helps us with our daily problems and in our praying. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how to pray as we should; but the Holy Spirit prays for us with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows, of course, what the Spirit is saying as he pleads for us in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans.

––Romans 8: 24-28 (The Living Bible)

SONYAMARSHALL

Dear David,
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:40:53 PM »
Its funny, you know. In September I happen to come across an article while  was web surfing at work (shhhh, don't tell) and when I read about this loving father who was being kept away from his son for no reason, my heart broke. I immediately began emailing, calling and doing anything I could. There has been so much progress since the beginning of this web site! I am so excited for David and I know very soon, that Sean & David will be together very soon. David you are very blessed to have such wonderful friends who are willing to fight for you! Mark, bob, and everyone else, I hope my friends are just like you if I ever needed them to be.

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
Dear David,
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 09:43:28 PM »
David,

I was so moved by your story on Dateline.  I have a 13mo boy & cannot imagine depriving him the special & irreplaceable bond he shares w/ his father.  Keep up your strength you have support & soon Sean will be home.  Then you can both begin to heal as a family.  The truth is out here for him & someday when he is old enough he will know his father that loved him so much did not give up on him.  All of us here will not give up until he is resting in your loving arms again.  

Monique

Offline Jackie in Upstate NY

ONE OF MANY -
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »
- that will never give up on returning your son, Sean, back to you where he belongs. Have been following your strong support network and will continue to keep doing as much as possible ! With you all the way David!

Offline Amazee

Dear David,
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 09:52:58 PM »
David;

I have been praying for you.  I will continue to pray for you and Sean to be permanently reunited.
Bring Sean Home

Offline Lisa P.

Dear David,
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
I feel like you are almost a family member now and I think about you all the time.  Your story has gripped people all over the world, and I hope that brings you comfort.  With all these prayers and positive thoughts for you--in conjunction with the fact that you are on the right side of the law--I can't believe that there is any other ending to the story than Sean will be home with you again.

From all the blogs, you can see we've worried about all aspects of this--does Sean remember you, speak English, etc.  Thankfully, your interviews have helped keep us posted.  Many of us (myself included) have been frustrated that Sean doesn't have the complete picture yet.  Your desire to protect him is stronger than your need to bring the full truth to him and I think that you are probably a better person than many of us might be if put in that position!  I keep thinking: if only Sean knew about the bringseanhome website: he could see for himself what the truth is because surely he is being lied to and brainwashed by his Brazilian family.  If he just Googled his own name, he would see thousands of web pages telling him what you have gone through to get him home for four painful years.  (I know he may seem too young to be using the Web, but as a parent myself, I know kids are very internet-savvy these days!)

I hope this increased exposure has brought you an increase in donations to pay for your legal fees...I worry about that for you too!

Bloggers have also asked if you are allowed to speak to him by phone--and if so, are there restrictions?  I know you can't answer these questions, but perhaps the site administrator can.  We all inherently want to have hope for you so the updates are important to us too!

One more thing for now: I see a consistent presence on the online Petition from Brazilian residents so the grassroots campaign seems to be working.  In addition, my boss heard from both me and another person about your story, and another friend who has a website was asked by both me and another person to post the links to bringseanhome.org so the reach of this story appears to be growing (note we are in Michigan, too)!!

May you find peace and comfort throughout this ordeal.  We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
Dear David,
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
Dear David,

I watched Dateline online and was instantly captivated by your moving story. I wish nothing more than for you and Sean to be reunited. I won't quit until that happens as many others on here as well. We are dedicated to this cause so please take comfort in that. I also have 2 little boys, one of which was born only 2 days before Sean. That really hit home for me. I went into his room and watched him sleep and tried to imagine him gone and I couldn't even go there. Too painful to imagine. I pray for you everyday David. I pray for Sean also. I pray for you to be reunited with your son and for Sean to have a happy and healthy transition back to where he belongs, with his amazing father. I hope one day Sean can see how much you truly care about him. I hope he sees how your love for him made tens of thousands of people come together to help him come HOME. I hope he realizes all the lies that were put into his head were just that, lies. I hope that he can recover from the loss of his father and his mother. I think being with you will make that happen. Good luck David and best wishes.

Sincerely,
Teena Duffy
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Dear David,
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »
Dear David,
Your love for Sean and strength in surviving this nightmare are utterly amazing. Sean will soon be home with you, there can be no other way. You asked for help and so many have heeded the call. How heartwarming this must all be for you. It is so hard for me to grasp how the government of our country - the leader of the free world - cannot simply go to Brazil and demand Sean be handed over to you, no further questions or arguments asked. If only it were that simple.
I have never been so touched by a story in my life.  I have two young boys, 4 months and 18 months, and their relationship with their father is beautiful to see.  The people who have hurt you for so long are heartless, and you deserve far better.
When this cold winter is over and the warm spring arrives, Sean will be home with you forever. He will soon know the wonderful father you are and adjust to life back in NJ.
So many concerned and outraged people you now have behind you, and no one will rest until Sean comes home. See you in Washington DC on the 17th!
Keep the faith,
Christine Schmitt

Offline anna42

Dear David,
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
Dear David,

I heard about your story on Dateline and it absolutely broke my heart.  I have a little boy who looks alot like Sean and I can not imagine being away from him.  I live in Canada and I have been busy e-mailing and calling media outlets, the Brazilian and US government and I will do so daily until Sean is home with you!  It will happen soon just be patient a little longer.  Don't worry about the lies that Bruna's family and friends are telling Sean...once you are together, your bond will re-establish and will grow.  My brother's ex did the same...and in the end, his children realized the truth and they are now with my brother.  I will keep you in my prayers!  Stay strong and healthy for Sean!!!  We are all behind you!

Offline KimmyRN

David and Sean
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »
Hello my name is Kimmy and I am also a mother of two boys. I will stand behind you David and mail/email everyone until Sean returns home in the USA. We love you and Sean! We are all heart broken by your story and love will reunite us. Great things happen to Great people. I believe you are a great one. Your Sean is sooo adoreable. We will support you and help everyday. I know president Obama will stand by your side. I have told alot of my nurse friends and we will all help you fight for your son. That is what we do! We help and we will not rest until he is with you forever.:)