Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Disturbing News: Doctored Tape?  (Read 6699 times)

Offline petekaplan

Re: Disturbing News: Doctored Tape?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
The opinion that children should be with their mothers no matter what is deep rooted in modern culture.  It's hard to change people's minds.
"A Georgia judge named Robert Noland shows how the legal system thinks: "I ain't never seen a calf following a bull. They always follow the cow. So I always give custody to the mammas." The reason Judge Noland never saw a calf following a bull is that cattle don't live in two-parent households. If we want to live like cattle, Judge Noland has the right idea. But human beings differ from cattle and the difference is created by fathers."

Offline Ginstar

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 08:19:24 PM »
Quote from: SteveW;31952
We do zero good with wild speculation. The tape was doctored, Reberieos are bribing JPLS, its just guess work that pumps up the sensationalism and emotion level. Not productive.

There are a number of possible reasons for JPLS to keep fighting (misguided passion for Bruna, inheritance money to Sean, payback from Riberieos), we just don't know what really goes on inside his head. And unless there's some way that knowing will help end this, I don't care.

I agree with you Steve W about my comment appearing sensational, and I thought and hard about posting my comment before I did. I do not like sensationalism or dramatics- it literally robs us of our energy , however the question is begging to be asked- what is a man doing (who still has the possibility of meeting someone else and making and  raising his own family perhaps) taking the oppurtunity from someone else.He is also robbing the oppurtunity from himself to have his opwn family as all of his efforts go into to Bruna's family specifically Silvana's interests I think of all the men I know in the age range of JPLS and it would be a hard task to find someone who would fight to keep another mans child over four years- let alone weave the web of lies and deceit .  In terms of actually wanting something productive to come out of it - I am realistic - our efforts would be better used helping David . I am just raising the suggestion, with no expectation of a result.

Offline BrazilianFriend

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »
Quote from: BrazilianFriend;31935
Is there a transcript of this tape in particular somewhere?  Judge Pinto's ruling alludes to hundreds of pages of attached documents.  I hope that at least this transcript, if not the tape itself, will be made available.

A transcript of the tape does exist and it is now available from the STF website.  I'll start another thread with the relevant links.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
The fact that a recording of a child is being made public is kind of freaking me out.  Can this honestly be used as part of the appeal?  

Maybe I am worrying for no reason, but considering the tactics used in this case, I hope the federal courts are intelligent enough to understand that until Sean is older and spends 'quality' time with his dad, anything said on those tapes is bogus since no one has allowed him to experience life elsewhere.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 09:15:36 PM »
Quote from: lovellboys;32235
The fact that a recording of a child is being made public is kind of freaking me out.  

I am TOTALLY sharing this sentiment!!  :cloud::cloud::cloud:  The NERVE of those animals!!!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline kathne

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
Quote from: lovellboys;32235
I hope the federal courts are intelligent enough to understand that until Sean is older and spends 'quality' time with his dad, anything said on those tapes is bogus since no one has allowed him to experience life elsewhere.

agree!