Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: URGENT: CONTACT THE CBS EARLY SHOW  (Read 85924 times)

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
URGENT: CONTACT THE CBS EARLY SHOW
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »
Let them know we will be holding them accountable for an accurate representation of the facts of the case!

contact form:
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/feedback/fb_news_form.shtml?tag=ftr

Also, this was posted by an intrepid member as another means to contact them:

Quote from: PaulistanoSF;36721
It's important to get as deep into the CBS newsroom as soon as possible.

The following is the email address for the CBS Early Show Executive Producer:

It is important to be polite, and to not suggest censorship of the Brazilian family. This will only offend journalistic sensibilities. Instead give background and suggest some hard questions to ask in their interview, questions Silvana/LeS are not being asked in Brazil.

Mr. Zev Shalev
Executive Producer
The Early Show
524 W 57th St
Fl 7
New York, NY 10019
shalevz@cbsnews.com

Here is what I sent:

To whom it may concern:

Regarding your upcoming pieces on the Sean Goldman case,

The story has been reported with minimal attention to the actual facts, focusing rather on the tug-at-the-heartstrings aspect that is also all too real.  It is my fervent hope that CBS will abide by it's long-standing tradition of asking the hard questions when you present the facts of the case and interview the stepfather and grandmother.  They will no doubt be very persuasive in their arguments that Sean is emotionally attached to his Brazilian "family", and have obviously - against court orders (see decision referenced below) - released to CBS News the tape of the interview conducted with Sean by a family-hired psychologist.

I would urge your reporters/writers to consult the decisions handed down thus far in the case in Brazil.

First, on multiple levels, both the government and courts in Brazil have unanimously agreed that Sean's case is, indeed, one of international child abduction.

Second, I would refer you to Judge Pinto, of the 16th Federal Court of Brazil's decision of June 1.  It is a must-read before anyone can claim to have conducted due diligence in the reporting of this case.  Included in the decision are a litany of facts that disprove just about anything the Brazilian family will claim.  You can find an English translation of this decision here: http://bringseanhome.org/EnglishTranslation_of_JudgePintos_Ruling_with_Introduction.pdf

Moreover, you should also be familiar with Judge Pinto's decision of Tuesday last, wherein he plainly lays out the case that Sean is being inflicted with severe psychological trauma in the form of parental alienation.  That is, the Brazilian family has been doing its utmost - in violation of the purposes of previously court-ordered visitation - to alienate son from father and destroy the relationship.  This court order relegating almost complete custody to David Goldman while he is in Brazil is based on the reports of three independent, court-ordered psychologists who interviewed Sean over the past three months or so.  Additionally, the court order specifically states:
"Media/ Press,
vii) The exposure of the child is prohibited and will not be tolerated."

Translation of this decision may be found here: http://bringseanhome.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1600

This is but one of many instances where we find the Lins e Silva and Ribeiro families in violation of court orders... all in an attempt to poison the natural relationship between father and son.  The other, most obvious, violations being the removing of Sean from the premises in anticipation of an early visit by Mr. Goldman; the close presence of "family friends" (some with recording devices) within mere feet of father and son during subsequent visits; and, last and most sickening of all, this regrettable "interview" of Sean... which is nothing more than a brutal interrogation similar to that we might imagine in a hostage situation.

I urge your staff to consult Judge Pinto's decisions before airing a story that,
A: likely breaks one of those court orders; and
B: might give international child abduction a pass it most definitely does not deserve.

Thank you for your attention,
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

More contacts:

Jim Mietus, Producer, Early Show
jm1@cbsnews.com

Michael Rosen
rosenm@cbsnews.com

Anthony Batson
abp@cbsnews.com

Betsy Alexander
alexanderb@cbsnews.com

Soshea Liebler
sle@cbsnews.com

Tom Mazzarelli
mazzarellit@cbsnews.com

Amy Birnbaum
amb@cbsnews.com

Beatrix Gruber
bgr@cbsnews.com

Beatrix Parash
bparash@cbsnews.com

Kevin Rochford
kro@cbsnews.com

More contacts added 9AM Monday:

Sumner Redstone – CBS Chairman – sredstone@cbs.com
Leslie Moonves – CBS CEO – lmoonves@cbs.com
Louis Briskman – CBS EVP & General Council – ljbriskman@cbs.com
Sean McManus, President CBS News Division
sjmcmanus@cbs.com
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:27:47 PM by Chuckles »
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
Re: URGENT: CONTACT THE CBS EARLY SHOW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
I just emailed them. Come one people. Send those emails!!!!!

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21:57 AM »
Email has been sent.
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline joey2051

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 12:23:02 AM »
Someone needs to say something about the 3 court appointed psychologists (who the family probably sued) as well as the video tape of PLES talking about parental alienation!!! I would like to see what they have say about that!!!!! How could JPLeS possibly respond to that.......

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
I have emailed them as well. Chuck - you do have a way with words. I wish I would have read yours first. Oh well, we can't have them all sounding the same.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:27:12 AM »
Quote from: joey2051;36665
Someone needs to say something about the 3 court appointed psychologists (who the family probably sued) as well as the video tape of PLES talking about parental alienation!!! I would like to see what they have say about that!!!!! How could JPLeS possibly respond to that.......
Can you be that someone? Please send your email!

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 12:27:30 AM »
Quote from: Bree;36668
I have emailed them as well. Chuck - you do have a way with words. I wish I would have read yours first. Oh well, we can't have them all sounding the same.
Yes, well thanks *blush*...

Do not cut and past my words... they should be your own.  I left out Papa Bear's speech, for example.  Just let them have it from whatever angle you think best!
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 12:29:19 AM »
email sent....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr!:cloud::burn: :madgo: :mad2:
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 12:29:34 AM »
I wrote something like "well, if you're giving a voice to kidnappers - and a severely brainwashed child - please make sure you ask them the right questions and don't let them dodge them with lame excuses. Mr Goldman and his son have been through too much heartache already"
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »
I sent mine with the link to the PLeS video (the one with the translation and the side by side comparison of Cruella's lies and Bruna's own words.

That video gets me pissed off every time I think of it. I can't let myself watch it anymore.

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 12:33:20 AM »
Wrote a letter.  Included links to Judge Pinto's ruling, Papa's speech & letter to Sobel.

I also let them know there are 60+ other cases of Brazil harboring child abductors & not honoring HC.  Did I get that # right been hearing a couple different ones lately?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:38:39 AM by mfer »

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »
Quote from: heatheram29;36675
I sent mine with the link to the PLeS video (the one with the translation and the side by side comparison of Cruella's lies and Bruna's own words.

That video gets me pissed off every time I think of it. I can't let myself watch it anymore.
:D
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline greg4sean

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 12:35:01 AM »
I just sent my message to them and added that I see the release of this video as a violation of HIPA in our country as Sean is an American citizen with David as the parent acording to New Jersey law.
As Sean said to David: "Maximum Force"

Isaac Savoie: “The Force is in you Daddy!”

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 12:35:07 AM »
Quote from: mfer;36678
Wrote a letter.  Included links to Judge Pinto's ruling, Papa's speech & letter to Sobel.
The Sobel letter!  Excellent!

You guys are awesome!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 12:35:48 AM »
sent another one from Phil's account
Teena Duffy