Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "How Sean lives": Available extract of Epoca newsmagazine running this weekend  (Read 7888 times)

Offline riceandbeans

Quote from: anna42;3254
I thought they had to protect Sean as a minor and now they are disclosing his name and showing his picture.  I am confused?

Remember on LKL, when the uncle H said David had a 6-month advantage? They are trying to catch up. Since David has shown how their life used to be happy in America, the PRs probably want to portrait the idea of the "happy family" in Brazil also. It is is all thought out and calculated.  They are trying to show it all.  The green and yellow Brazilian soccer team jersey (the national flag colors), the replica of the world soccer cup in the boys hands (the competition, or dispute, if you will and the victory).  It also tries to elicit the  Brazilian pride through soccer. After all, they are professional PRs.

But, if you take a close look at the guy in the photo, you will notice that he is not exactly what Brazilians call a "prince charming". He has the money and might try hard, poor thing, but he doesn't have David's charisma and looks.  One thing that strikes in David's pictures, as opposed to this one, is how "beautiful" and harmonious the three of them looked together.  Brazilian people are fond of  "beauty", especially in Rio. Since they can't change the guys face,  they want to smear David's reputation, instead.

Isabel

Oh - and an important point I forgot - remember how most people say that unless there is a serious reason for Sean not to be returned to his biological father, that then he should be? For example, if he was abusive in any shape or form?

In this article they are saying that the reason Bruna filed for divorce from Rio and left that way was because she didn't want to be alone with him in the US because she was scared of him. They allege that when they fought he use to become violent and him the furniture and punch the walls...

They are really desperate, My God!

Offline Jaboo

To Isabel.  I too raised an eyebrow at the sharing a room thing.  Bit creepy.

To he is an ugly mug isnt he?  However his family name and bank account forgive that plenty here in the wonderfull city.  

Am i the only one that has ever picked up the inuendo that he left his first wife for bruna?

Offline riceandbeans

Quote from: Grace;3272
This the standard document authorizing minors travelling with one parent only. You get it in Brazilian consulates or embassies abroad. It does not mean you are a authorizing the other parent to STAY forever in another country.

The average Brazilian doesn't know that.  These PRs are really trying to twist things. I wonder, if the Brazilian authorities, the embassies and consulates will ever clarify that to the public, because it is very misleading and encourages others to do the same, based on this twisted idea.

Isabel

Quote from: Jaboo;3288
To Isabel. I too raised an eyebrow at the sharing a room thing. Bit creepy.

To he is an ugly mug isnt he? However his family name and bank account forgive that plenty here in the wonderfull city.

Am i the only one that has ever picked up the inuendo that he left his first wife for bruna?

I'm not sure if he left his first wife for Bruna or not, but in his letter to the Judiciary he does say that he was separated from his 1st wife when Bruna went on vacation in 2004.

I am not sure, but am just wondering about something. Perhaps David's friends that read this site could look into it. From my understanding, just a few months earlier, for Spring Break, Bruna had gone to Brazil with a US friend. If I am correct, can anyone ask the US friend if during their time together, they happen to remember seeing João Paulo around?

Maybe it was just a matter of fate, but this just seems to flow a little "too well" for me. Bruna packed her bags and left on vacation (or was this planned? Did she take everything that was important to her? Photos, jewelry, etc? Or did she leave some of these things behind?) a few days later re-met João Paulo, this time separated from his wife (who she had either dated or had some type of contact before because he says he found her again for a 3rd time), calls David and says she is not going back to the US and 6 months later is shacked up with him (JP).

How many of us men and woman, just "happen" to meet a very wealthy and influencial, separated man who we fall very quickly in love with just a few days after going on vacation, when it just so happens we are miserable in our marriage (or so they now say) and pow! decide to change all our plans, ruin a family, confuse a child, all for someone we just met and suddenly develped feelings for IN A MATTER OF DAYS???!!! Nahhh this story does not wash with me.

Offline Jaboo

From his little plea to the Childrens Board, he made it clear that Bruna was the love of his life.  3rd times the charm eh?  Im sure they had a flourishing little msm thing going on while david was asleep in the next room hein?

Offline roger

• Veteran Member
Hague. Hague, Hague, that's the only thing we should focus now once we counter the PR storm.

Don't forget that the judges will now have to go "through this national pride PR campaign" to discuss Hague.

Discussing Hague and not custody is their only job now in this lawsuit, based on the the facts about the cases that we know of based on the reports leaked in the press.

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
Quote from: André Felipe;3277
grace, be prepared to hear and read worse things about David.

But my hope is that the judge won´t pay attention to any of these repulsive reports, the judge should analyse the case using only the Hague Convention.

"Should" doesn´t mean he "will", but I hope he will...

Please also note that this (standard) authorization ALSO implies that Sean IS AUTHORIZED to travel back to the US even ALONE.... i.e., he was 'retained' there, against his father's will by ALL MEANS.
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Quote from: Mom25;3296
Please also note that this (standard) authorization ALSO implies that Sean IS AUTHORIZED to travel back to the US even ALONE.... i.e., he was 'retained' there, against his father's will by ALL MEANS.
I addressed in an earlier post on another thread that the Travel Authorization is ONLY ever shown to Federal Police when you try to LEAVE Brazil. When you leave the United States, you would theoretically have to show a document issued by the U.S. government. Unfortunately, we either don't have that law here or it is not enforced. The Federal Police NEVER asked my wife for this document when she entered Brazil with the children alone.

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
Quote from: Jaboo;3293
From his little plea to the Childrens Board, he made it clear that Bruna was the love of his life.  3rd times the charm eh?  Im sure they had a flourishing little msm thing going on while david was asleep in the next room hein?

That's irrelevant now and entertaining these thoughts won't help David. It is bad enough to see what's happening NOW with his son in a cover of a magazine... :mad: the LeS waited, waited... tried the gag order... and now.. the big BOOM... comes back with fairy tales... I am getting emails from BR supporters who are hopeful.... BR may do justice this time, if nothing else, to save face for the rest of the world!
Some Brazilians won't mind, at the end of this saga, that their "Brazilian" boy Sean is sent to live in the USA with his real dad... they will all know that Sean will be linked with Brazil forever, and that Sean has rights from his mom's estate, etc... what LeS is trying to do is to keep Sean under HIS control only... his money above all, away from "David's claws"... please... I am sure LeS cares for the boy, especially now having a baby girl who has a big brother in the picture... Les doesn't want to let go... however, life changed dramatically - to EVERYONE... unfortunately to Sean as well.

When the Brazilians finally realize that it doesn't have to be BAD - that the boy CAN have the best of the 2 worlds, they will turn against LeS for trying to control the relationship, the custody and the rights that David has over his only son.

I agree with Roger - HAGUE, HAGUE 101!!!!! That's the way to go about this.
A união faz a força

Offline LCarpenter

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but what happens if in the upcoming hearing the federal judges decide that Sean stays in Brazil? (May God forbid, but I'm worried!!) What can the US do then?? what could WE do?

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
Quote from: tweinstein;3298
I addressed in an earlier post on another thread that the Travel Authorization is ONLY ever shown to Federal Police when you try to LEAVE Brazil. When you leave the United States, you would theoretically have to show a document issued by the U.S. government. Unfortunately, we either don't have that law here or it is not enforced. The Federal Police NEVER asked my wife for this document when she entered Brazil with the children alone.

Correct. Brazilian parents arrive with kids at the airport - all with Brazilian passports - they are never stopped in any line... just like Americans arriving in the US, they go to the "US Passport and Greencard holders" line only... and fly right by it...

The only time the document is needed is for a child to leave Brazil... or travel between countries from there, etc... however, it also proves that the child's trip originated from US soil... and that says a lot.... that the child is not running away... but authorized by the left-behind parent to travel to/from countries with the other parent... or alone, this way securing the child's return to the country of his/her origin... in Sean's case - US.
A união faz a força

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
Quote from: LCarpenter;3301
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but what happens if in the upcoming hearing the federal judges decide that Sean stays in Brazil? (May God forbid, but I'm worried!!) What can the US do then?? what could WE do?

It´s very unlikely that the judge will make a decision during the upcoming hearing (or court session). Usually the judges makes a decision in another moment after the hearing.

If the federal judge decide that Sean stays in Brasil, David will have to appeal to the Federal Court of second instance.

I believe this case will have to pass through three judicial instances - the first instance judge, the second instance Court (TRF) and the Superior Justice Court (STJ). I don´t know wich argumments can be used to take this case to the Supreme Court (STF). If David or JPLS succeds in using the arguments, it will be a four instances judicial battle, because of the inclusion of the STF (Supreme Court).

A final decision will be made by the STJ (or STF), and if this final decision is non favourable to David, I believe that David or the American Government can make a denounce against Brasil in the International Hague Court for disobeying the Hague Convention. And the International Court will decide if Brasil has disobeyed or has not disobeyed the Convention.

Offline Jaboo

I beleive it will go to the STF because it is a matter of international treaty and not personal rights.

The STJ was the organ that ordered that case back in the federal level.

Offline MCD

Quote from: Jaboo;3293

hey jaboo,I must work, but I will leave you with a piece of gossipfrom the comments at the Epoca site:
 [FONT="]Patricia  |  MG / Belo Horizonte  |  07/03/2009 10:54 [/FONT]
  [FONT="]Que mentirada!
Agora que entraram em contato com a familia da mae, pq nao entrevistam o pai para os brasileiros verem a verdade??? Primeiro que Joao Paulo era ex-namorado de Bruna entao eles ja se conheciam antes do casamento dela com o David. Segundo, ela precisava da autorizacao do pai para sair dos EUA com o filho para uma suposta ferias de 2 semanas no Brasil sem ele e por isso o pai deu autorizacao e nao para mudar completamente de pais. Ela, sem o David saber, ja tinha contactado um amigo de Joao Paulo advogado nos EUA para se divorciar e nao seguiu a diante nos EUA pq??? Pq nao poderia voltar para o Brasil com o filho. Deixem de ser imparcial e coloquem aqui o outro lado da historia para os brasileiros verem que essa familia nao eh tao boazinha qto pensam.... Aquele ditado: o diabo depois que morre vira um santo![/FONT]

Looks like there is more under the lies being fabricated in Brazil. LeS and Bruna had a previous relationship... and she did look for a lawyer in the US, a friend of LeS. All very suspicious!
[FONT="][/FONT]