Miscellaneous Forums > The Village Green

Was Michael Jackson a former President?

(1/5) > >>

AnotherDad:
No disrepect here, but honestly, I don't recall seeing this type of wall to wall coverage of any death of a grown man who was not a president. I'm a little irked also over the hypocrosy of the very same journalists who've made a punchline out of MJ for more than 10 years, with endless implications he was a pedophile, turning around and behaving like he was a godlike figure, due the ultimate respect of bumping every other story in favor of this. Is this simply tabloid bloodthirst at its worst?

Frankly, I'm embarrassed that Brian Williams would turn his show into this "fallen hero of war" coverage, replacing his normal sign on for days on end. Then, the Today show is trying to milk at least 3, maybe 4 hours out of this every day since he died.

Of course I want David's story to be front & center every day, but c'mon.

Chicco:

--- Quote from: AnotherDad;39978 ---No disrepect here, but honestly, I don't recall seeing this type of wall to wall coverage of any death of a grown man who was not a president.
--- End quote ---

You want an example of the brainwash of this media cover...

My son is 8 years old. He never heard about MJ up to last Friday when MJ died. Today, 3 days later he not only loves MJ and Billie Jean, Beat it, Thriller...  as he is capable to reproduce the music in an incomprehensible language with some english words in the middle.

Now the biggest surprise to me came during the Nightly news tonight when he saw MJ father and started to shout: It is your fault ! It is your fault ! When I asked what did his father do wrong he answered: He kept saying MJ was ugly when he was a kid !!!

From zero to all in 3 days...

sue:
I think it is very sad.  I'm sure it will be a news headline for quite sometime to come, how long was Elvis in the news after he died?  A good chance to teach our kids what drugs do to you.

heatheram29:

--- Quote from: Chicco;39982 ---You want an example of the brainwash of this media cover...

My son is 8 years old. He never heard about MJ up to last Friday when MJ died. Today, 3 days later he not only loves MJ and Billie Jean, Beat it, Thriller... as he is capable to reproduce the music in an incomprehensible language with some english words in the middle.

Now the biggest surprise to me came during the Nightly news tonight when he saw MJ father and started to shout: It is your fault ! It is your fault ! When I asked what did his father do wrong he answered: He kept saying MJ was ugly when he was a kid !!!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, 8 year olds are fully capable of making life decisions.. RIGHT.

Teena:

--- Quote from: Chicco;39982 ---You want an example of the brainwash of this media cover...

My son is 8 years old. He never heard about MJ up to last Friday when MJ died. Today, 3 days later he not only loves MJ and Billie Jean, Beat it, Thriller... as he is capable to reproduce the music in an incomprehensible language with some english words in the middle.

--- End quote ---

That is so wierd you said that, My 9 year old son has never heard of him before either and now he loves MJ too! He asks a million questions a day about him!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version