Miscellaneous Forums > The Village Green

New Jersey Crazy Laws

(1/3) > >>

rachelle4:
From AHAJOKES.com
For all the NJ supporters. Not sure I believe all these are true.

New Jersey Crazy Laws

It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season. David will have to finish that sweater later.

You may not slurp your soup.

If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.

It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer.

On a highway you can not park under a bridge.

Car dealerships are forbidden from opening on Sunday.

You cannot pump your own gas. All gas stations are full service and full service only. Is this true?

Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.

It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon. An abduction!

Bernards Township

It is illegal to frown as the town is a "Frown-Free Town Zone".

Caldwell

You may not dance or wear shorts on the main avenue.

Cranford

Citizens are not permitted to park their own boat on their lawn.

Cresskill

All cats must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.

Elizabeth

It is forbidden for a woman, on a Sunday, to walk down Broad Street without wearing a petticoat.

Manville

It is illegal to offer whiskey or cigarettes to animals at the local zoo.

Newark

It is illegal to sell ice cream after 6pm, unless the customer has a note from his doctor. Can't be true.

Ocean City

Pinball machines are not to be played on Sunday.

People may not slurp their soup.

Raw hamburger may not be sold.

Raritan

Profanity is prohibited.

Sea Isle City

There will be no boiling of bones on the property.

Trenton must worship the pickle

Pickles are not to be consumed on Sundays.

You may not throw a bad pickle in the street.

heatheram29:

--- Quote from: rachelle4;40066 ---From AHAJOKES.com
For all the NJ supporters. Not sure I believe all these are true.

New Jersey Crazy Laws

It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season. David will have to finish that sweater later. Ahhhh, but he can CROCHET instead!

It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer. I once mouthed the word '@ssh0le' to one. He didn't like it one bit and told me so. I said, 'but officer.. my windows were closed. How could you know what I said?'.

Car dealerships are forbidden from opening on Sunday. Not sure if it's a law but I've never seen one open.

You cannot pump your own gas. All gas stations are full service and full service only. Is this true? ABSOLUTELY TRUE. I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm 39 years old and have never pumped my own gas, and the few times I've gone to fill up out of state I stood there like a moron until somebody came along to help me.

Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street. Not sure, but the town of Ocean Grove prohibited cars within town limits on Sunday until just recently. The town's restaurants still don't serve liquor at all, and there are no liquor stores. Not a place for people with vices.

It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon. An abduction! I agree it would be an abduction, but since homing pigeons are extinct the bird would probably be fossilized or stuffed.. which is more like property theft.

Bernards Township

It is illegal to frown as the town is a "Frown-Free Town Zone". Just goes to show what money can buy.

Elizabeth

It is forbidden for a woman, on a Sunday, to walk down Broad Street without wearing a petticoat. I hope not.. I used to work on Broad Street when I was in high school. They're lucky I was wearing underwear.

Trenton must worship the pickle I really don't know, but does anybody remember the pickle barrel guy at the Rt 1 fleamarket???? YUMMMMM

--- End quote ---

rachelle4:
Full service gas stations must be the reason why elitist country club members, such as Bob D'Amico, choose to live in NJ. One would not expect him to pump his own gas. Oh, the horror! :D

heatheram29:

--- Quote from: rachelle4;40123 ---Full service gas stations must be the reason why elitist country club members, such as Bob D'Amico, choose to live in NJ. One would not expect him to pump his own gas. Oh, the horror! :D
--- End quote ---

You may be onto something. Bob (aka Colonel Mustard) would never pump gas    :rolleyes:

rachelle4:
Seems like all of us should live in NJ as we are all members on this country club. I am becoming too good for Ohio. I must leave behind self service forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version