Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The publication of Sean's interview is embarrasing"  (Read 25512 times)

Offline spike

Re: "The publication of Sean's interview is embarrasing"
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
Brazil is a signatory to the UN's CRC, where the US is NOT, yet. (See Barbra Boxer, CALF) If Brazil prevails, then the "Best Interest" standard would be used by that standard as it would said that since Seans family in Brazil has more $ and can provide a better and more comfortable lifestyle, Sean would stay in Brazil?

Offline mikeberry

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »
I see where you guys are coming from.  I was trying to be positive.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 11:10:05 AM »
I smell a rat here.  I agree with JJ and will wait and see what happens.

Offline mikeberry

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
Friday?  Today?

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »
WHO DID WHAT? DAVID VS. JPLES?

When Sean was interviewed by the court appointed psychologists segments of the transcript were released to the press. The Defendants(!) insisted that the leak did not come from them. Considering they were carefully selected 'soundbites' in which Sean says that he wants to stay in Brazil I find it hard to believe that anyone BUT the LeS camp was responsible.  SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

When Judge Pinto rendered his decision, he did not side with the LeS "I've Got Money And Power And The American Doesn't" defense. Shortly thereafter, Sean found himself in a room with a one way mirror, a camera, and a 'psychologist' purchased by the defense.  SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

Transcript of above session was quickly released to the press.
SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

Next, a cameraperson was hired by the defense to film Sean in his 'native environment', as if he were a monkey in a zoo. A number of other 9 year old boys were lured in with the promise of french fries (and a chance to play with a toddler in front of a camera.. every little boys dream.. not a manufactured scene in any way). SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

Immediately afterward, The Defendant, his New Nonna In Law, and his Corporate Attorney were on a plane headed for New York City to play the above video for the Citizens Of The United States Of America. All of them. SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

***FINAL SCORE***
David Goldman, Father: 0 points
Joao Paolo Lins e Silva, Scum Sucking Pig: 5 points

Sorry David, you lose. You're just not a scumbag. Maybe next time.

Offline lisacallenwood

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
Quote from: heatheram29;40654
WHO DID WHAT? DAVID VS. JPLES?

When Sean was interviewed by the court appointed psychologists segments of the transcript were released to the press. The Defendants(!) insisted that the leak did not come from them. Considering they were carefully selected 'soundbites' in which Sean says that he wants to stay in Brazil I find it hard to believe that anyone BUT the LeS camp was responsible. SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

When Judge Pinto rendered his decision, he did not side with the LeS "I've Got Money And Power And The American Doesn't" defense. Shortly thereafter, Sean found himself in a room with a one way mirror, a camera, and a 'psychologist' purchased by the defense. SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

Transcript of above session was quickly released to the press.
SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

Next, a cameraperson was hired by the defense to film Sean in his 'native environment', as if he were a monkey in a zoo. A number of other 9 year old boys were lured in with the promise of french fries (and a chance to play with a toddler in front of a camera.. every little boys dream.. not a manufactured scene in any way). SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

Immediately afterward, The Defendant, his New Nonna In Law, and his Corporate Attorney were on a plane headed for New York City to play the above video for the Citizens Of The United States Of America. All of them. SCORE: 1 Scumbag Point for JPLeS

***FINAL SCORE***
David Goldman, Father: 0 points
Joao Paolo Lins e Silva, Scum Sucking Pig: 5 points

Sorry David, you lose. You're just not a scumbag. Maybe next time.
Well said, Heather      :cheer::rolleyes::D

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
Quote from: lisacallenwood;40656
Well said, Heather :cheer::rolleyes::D

I hate these people. I truly do. They are pure evil.

Offline Bill33

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:02 AM »
I sometimes wonder whether the whole strategy from Lula is to give David or Francois a win in the lower court to show some objectivity, then just keep the case in appeals till the kids reach 18.

I think the best hope is just to keep pushing for HR 2702...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:38:51 AM by Bill33 »

Offline BrazilianForJustice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »
A little bit more thorough translation.

Guardianship Council will be activated to intervene in the of case Sean Goldman

The State Council of Defense of Children and Adolescents (Cedca) will ask, this Friday, the intervention of the Guardianship Council of the Southern Zone [of Rio] in the conduction of the Sean Goldman case. According to the chairman of Cedca, Carlos Nicodemos, there are indications that the boy, of nine years, has suffered [emotional] shocks to [his] psychosocial integrity.

The Cedca also requests the withdrawal of the interview of Sean Goldman from [web]sites. In June, the boy was interviewed by the expert in family therapy, Terezinha Carneiro Feres, of the Psychiatry sector of Santa Casa de Misericordia [hospital] of Rio de Janeiro. The Cedca understands that the online publication of the interview  exposes Sean to an embarassing and demeaning situation.

"We need to shift the axis of the analysis of this issue to the field of human rights of children, especially when Brazil is a signatory to the Convention on the Rights of the Child of the United Nations (CDC-ONU). The CDC, which completes 20 years in 2009, advocates the superiority of the interest of the child in face of all or any [other] interest," says the chairman of Cedca, Carlos Nicodemus.

Bruna Bianchi, mother of Sean Goldman, separated from David Goldman and married [sic] again to a Brazilian. Last year, Bruna died during the birth of the second child, a daughter, and the Brazilian Justice gave temporary custody to the stepfather of the child. Since then, father and stepfather fight a legal battle for custody of the boy. The case began in court of Rio state, then moved to federal jurisdiction. With the death of Bruna, David intensified a campaign to try to bring the child back to the United States.

-
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:02:48 PM by BrazilianForJustice »

Offline BrazilianForJustice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 12:09:22 PM »
This is typical Brazilian dirty tricks. IMHO.

"Sean, we are Brazilian bureaucrats and we are here to help you..." :cool: :cool: :cool:

-

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »
This is scary.  These people are trying to get somebody else involved here to stop the return of Sean, our Country needs to step up and get this resolved ASAP.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »
Can somebody send this to Congressman Smith?

Offline Caldwell

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 01:03:52 PM »
Quote from: gail;40665
This is scary.  These people are trying to get somebody else involved here to stop the return of Sean, our Country needs to step up and get this resolved ASAP.

I cannot agree more. Politely waiting for Brazilian courts to do the right thing just raises the blood pressure and delays true justice.  Above board, passing 2702 is critical because it is obvious that "world opinion" does not motivate these folks, and business might.  And, I think building US awareness and reaching a critical mass of support to pressure our President and SOS Clinton to act is maybe even more critical.  They could take steps TODAY that could have the same effect as 2702, by executive order, without waiting for Congress.  That they have not done so, even knowing the case, is disappointing beyond words.  Mr. Obama, whom I supported in the election, is connected now (if he wasn't previously) to the big business interests that really run the show (including many that do business with Brazil, of course).  Do we think that MoveOn, DFA, BarackObama.com, etc really have any power now?  I would like to think so, but I fear not.  We need to keep thinking outside the box.  Here's a suggestion: Has Oprah (to whom Obama must owe a rather large debt) taken on the Goldman case on her show?  We need to get someone like her to get to the Pres.  I am in a nasty, impatient mood about this today.  I don't know how David or other LBPs survive. I admire every one of you.
Pass HR 3240
Please visit links to HR 3240.  We need this bill passed now for the 2,800 other abducted American Children!

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
Is the State Council of Defense of Children and Adolescents "related" in any way to the National Council of Children and Adolescent Rights? See JPLS's whacko letter of March 5th http://bringseanhome.org/jpls.html

This may be positive but I'm extremely skeptical of any professional group in Brazil.

I wouldn't be shocked if they came out with a statement that David's court approved visitations are psychologically damaging.
Bob D'Amico

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »
Quote from: Bree;40637
Google Translation:

Guardianship Council will be driven to intervene in case Sean Goldman

The State Council of Defense of Children and Adolescents (Cedca) will ask, in this Friday, the intervention of the Guardianship Council of Southern in the conduct of the Sean Goldman case. According to the chairman of Cedca, Carlos Nicodemos, there are indications that the boy of nine years, has suffered shocks in psychosocial integrity.

The Cedca also calls for the withdrawal of the appointment of Sean Goldman of sites. In June, the boy was interviewed by the expert in family therapy, Terezinha Carneiro Feres, the sector of Psychiatry, Santa Casa de Misericordia of Rio de Janeiro. The Cedca believes that the online publication of the interview Sean exposes a situation oppressive and distressing.

"We have to shift the axis of analysis of this issue for the field of human rights of children, especially when Brazil is a signatory to the Convention on the Rights of the Child of the United Nations (UN-CRC). The CDC, which completes 20 years in 2009, advocates the best interests of the child forward to any interest, "says the chairman of Cedca, Carlos Nicodemus.

Bruna Bianchi, mother of Sean Goldman, separated itself from David Goldman and married again with a Brazilian. Last year, Bruna died during the birth of second daughter, and the Brazilian Justice gave temporary custody to the father of the child. Since then, father and stepfather slowing a legal battle for custody of the boy. The case began in court of Rio state, then moved to federal jurisdiction. With the death of Bruno, David intensified a campaign to try to bring the child back to the United States.
If this Nicodemus is pro-Lins e Silva, then it sounds like it's more of an embarrassment to L&S, or at least it's making them look bad that THEY video taped him and THEY publicized it...Where in this article did they say who video taped and who publicized?????...Now they want to make it all go away and SUDDENLY it's a violation of the the child's rights.
Notice they don't say in the article WHO was responsible for putting this all over the media and internet...WHO wrote this article??? L&S sympathizers?
With the death of Bruno, David intensified a campaign to try to bring the child back to the United States.
Notice the last sentence making it look as though David has something to do with the interview publication?
Why didn't they say,,,,With the death of Bruna, Lins e Silva attempted to steal the child and prevent him from returning to his father/???