Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The publication of Sean's interview is embarrasing"  (Read 25498 times)

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
Re: "The publication of Sean's interview is embarrasing"
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »
When my stepdaughters were young, they asked once if their father could join us for dinner, and I would grill steaks for us all and we would have fun. Made me ill as well. No, they weren't mature enough to know, any more than Sean is.

Offline noah3698

« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »
Quote from: André Felipe;41780
TRF-2 rulling can be appealed, in theory, both to STJ and STF ( the Supreme Court). I think Tunevsk has already explained the details about these kinds of Appeals (Special Appeal to STJ, and Extraordinary Appeal to STF).

Doesn´t matter who was favored by the decison, both sides have the right to appeal. It works for David, but it also works for JPLS.
A TRF-2 decision would only become final if the looser side does not appeal on time, or give up to fill an appeal, or even if his appeal has a procedural mistake and then TRF can deny sending the proceeding to STJ/STF.

In general, the decisions from TRF, as any other second instance court, can be immediately enforceable. So, it´s better to hope a favourable decision to David from TRF, but, again, JPLS can ask to STJ/STF an preliminary decision to stay TRF´s rulling.

thanks noah, but I do not intend to be a lawyer, my first goal is to be a judge, preferably a federal judge.
Before I pass the exams to be a judge, I may have to work as a lawyer, at least for three years, but I didn´t make a choice yet.

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2009, 03:41:54 AM »
You know they turn a blind eye to the fact they signed a treaty.  If they ammend the treaty, are they asking for a do-over?  Sean would still fall under the current guidelines.

If Sean is sick over this, it' s coming from camp Evil, not David.  David isn't around to do any damage.  I pray for all adults to take a lax and breathe and do right by our children.
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline attymom

« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
Quote from: JamesJosephs;40641
Reading the Google translation, it is hard for me to assess what this means exactly.

But I'd be very careful with anything CEDCA says.

My impression (which could be wrong) was that CEDCA is made up of former judges from the Rio State Family Court system that are in PLS pocket.

In fact, Siro Darlan attorney/advisor (and former family court judge in Rio) for CEDCA made some outrageous statements favorable to JPLS and very negative about David and the Bringseanhome.org website back in March.

"Para o desembargador (Siro Darlan), estrategicamente, interessou ao pai americano a divulgação da imagem do menino. "Ele está fazendo um uso perverso da imagem do próprio filho", criticou.

"Para o desembargador (Siro Darlan), o padrasto do menino se preocupa mais com a integridade física eo desenvolvimento sadio do garoto do que o pai biológico."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://observatorio.ultimosegundo.ig.com.br/artigos.asp%3Fcod%3D528IMQ006&ei=sxBOSqLHMeWvtwfu_q2qBA&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCEDCA%2B%2B%2522paulo%2Blins%2Be%2Bsilva%2522%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2ADBF_enUS329

I also don't like the reference to "shifting the analysis" from the Hague to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child either, as it mirrors Tostes statements to the STF.

I'd take a wait and see approach with this one.

I agree completely.  This is something that is designed to look good for David and Sean but in reality is not.  the standard of the CDC is irrelevant.  The standard of the Hague Convention is all that matters.  Any validation of the CDC and its standards potentially weakens - albeit inappropriately - David's case.

Offline JerseyGirl

« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2009, 01:30:27 PM »
One...big...sticky...sli my...web................ ..

(In Portuguese) http://www.cide.rj.gov.br/Cidinho/institucional/cedca.asp

(Google translation):

COUNCIL OF STATE
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
CEDCA-RJ

Judiciary
[SIZE=-1]Owner: Siro Darlan de Oliveira[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Alternate: Ivone Ferreira Caetano[/SIZE]

ORGANIZATION FOR HUMAN RIGHTS LEGAL PROJECT
[SIZE=-1]Owner: Carlos Oliveira Silva Nicodemos[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Alternate: Rosimere de Souza[/SIZE]

And Lauro Schuch, another one of the many witnesses to the interview (see page 13 of this thread) - - -

There is a fabric in the equation................ ....

Look who is supporting Schuch's election campaign for President of OAB-RJ ! ! !

http://blog.maisoab.com.br/2009/07/08/tecio-lins-e-silva-e-mais-oab/