Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The publication of Sean's interview is embarrasing"  (Read 25523 times)

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
Re: "The publication of Sean's interview is embarrasing"
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »
Apparently, Oprah is a non-starter for several reasons. IMHO, if we can't get this story and its urgency directly to the President, and pound the point home that handshake and wait diplomacy is the same as abusing an American child severely, and daily, then we haven't done our job here. Oprah doesn't run the White house, but Raum Emanual (sp??) pretty much does. This guy is the gatekeeper to everything Obama. WE NEED HIM.

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
Quote from: margie;40644
I don't understand why this would not help David's case? They admit the Brazilian family of Bruna is subjecting Sean to public abuse.

I wonder when we will hear something about these stupid appeals????

Margie
Not once in this article did they mention that the Lins e Silva's deified court orders and had Sean "Interrogated" and then released the video to the world against court orders.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:38:32 PM by Sashia »

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;40687
If this Nicodemus is pro-Lins e Silva, then it sounds like it's more of an embarrassment to L&S, or at least it's making them look bad that THEY video taped him and THEY publicized it...Where in this article did they say who video taped and who publicized?????...Now they want to make it all go away and SUDDENLY it's a violation of the the child's rights.
Notice they don't say in the article WHO was responsible for putting this all over the media and internet...WHO wrote this article??? L&S sympathizers?

Notice the last sentence making it look as though David has something to do with the interview publication?
Why didn't they say,,,,With the death of Bruna, Lins e Silva attempted to steal the child and prevent him from returning to his father/???

IMHO, team JLS is using this as a tactic to make sure a decision is made not based on the terms of the Hague, but by the Convention on the Rights of the Child.  They may be attempting to say that David going public forced them to protect Sean, and the interview will be used to support that.  The US is not a signatory to the convention, so they will use this as well.  

You would think upon first reading this article that it was a positive.  Then you see who is behind it and can see that this individual was part of the interrogation of Sean.    They basically said 'David intensified' his pursuit of custody, and they will say this is why Sean has been damaged.

They are pulling no punches now, which shows their desperation.  They will fight dirty to win.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 02:43:19 PM »
Quote from: Caldwell;40671
I cannot agree more. Politely waiting for Brazilian courts to do the right thing just raises the blood pressure and delays true justice. Above board, passing 2702 is critical because it is obvious that "world opinion" does not motivate these folks, and business might. And, I think building US awareness and reaching a critical mass of support to pressure our President and SOS Clinton to act is maybe even more critical. They could take steps TODAY that could have the same effect as 2702, by executive order, without waiting for Congress. That they have not done so, even knowing the case, is disappointing beyond words. Mr. Obama, whom I supported in the election, is connected now (if he wasn't previously) to the big business interests that really run the show (including many that do business with Brazil, of course). Do we think that MoveOn, DFA, BarackObama.com, etc really have any power now? I would like to think so, but I fear not. We need to keep thinking outside the box. Here's a suggestion: Has Oprah (to whom Obama must owe a rather large debt) taken on the Goldman case on her show? We need to get someone like her to get to the Pres. I am in a nasty, impatient mood about this today. I don't know how David or other LBPs survive. I admire every one of you.

We have tried to get Oprah to cover this and she won't.  I don't know why and we have written and called over and over for a long time now.  Our President needs to do something and he needs to do it now, enough is enough.

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
Quote from: gail;40692
We have tried to get Oprah to cover this and she won't. I don't know why and we have written and called over and over for a long time now. Our President needs to do something and he needs to do it now, enough is enough.

President Obama will be here in NJ to support Governor Corzine at Rutgers in New Brunswick on July 16th. I've been posting this in different threads but no one seems to be interested so far. I figure we probably wouldn't get directly to the President, but if there were enough of us with signs, tshirts, and flyers we could get the attention of what I imagine will be a pretty large crowd:

http://www.joncorzine09.com/barackobama

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »
Quote from: heatheram29;40694
President Obama will be here in NJ to support Governor Corzine at Rutgers in New Brunswick on July 16th. I've been posting this in different threads but no one seems to be interested so far. I figure we probably wouldn't get directly to the President, but if there were enough of us with signs, tshirts, and flyers we could get the attention of what I imagine will be a pretty large crowd:

http://www.joncorzine09.com/barackobama

I'll take a day off and join you.  I'll wear a neon sign with sparklers if you want me to.

Offline JerseyGirl

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »
I don't know...................

So far I came across 3 articles of Carlos Nicodemus and Siro Darlans together in the same articles ? ? ?

The links are in Portuguese, when I try to copy the Google English translation it turns it back into Portuguese :eusa_doh:

http://www.jusbrasil.com.br/noticias/1034264/carlos-nicodemos-e-empossado-no-conselho-estadual-de-defesa-da-crianca-e-do-adolescente

http://noticias.unigranrio.edu.br/blog/2008/08/01/carlos-nicodemos-estara-no-seminario-a-justica-que-nos-queremos/

http://189.126.102.98/conteudo_ler.asp?id_conteudo=5230

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 03:39:36 PM »
Quote from: JerseyGirl;40696

So far I came across 3 articles of Carlos Nicodemus and Siro Darlans together in the same articles ? ? ?

The links are in Portuguese, when I try to copy the Google English translation it turns it back into Portuguese :eusa_doh:

http://www.jusbrasil.com.br/noticias/1034264/carlos-nicodemos-e-empossado-no-conselho-estadual-de-defesa-da-crianca-e-do-adolescente

Rough Translation, I'll work on the the other 2 soon.

30/04/2009 - lawyer Carlos Nicodemos president of State Council of Defense of the Child was vested and of the Adolescent (Cedca), in ceremony on this Wednesday, April 29, in the auditorium of Council. The representative of OAB / RJ promised to motivate the dialogue among the institutions for the construction of the politics of State for children and adolescents, tends as north the citizenship.

"We will take the performance of Council for the interior, enlarging our action. We will also promote an integration with the companies, not just to receive donations, but for the construction of a dialogue among the sections", it emphasized Nicodemos, for soon soon afterwards to do the delivery of an occupation the representative of the Hi, first company to receive the partnership proposal.

The president of Seccional, Wadih Damous, manifested the satisfaction of, for the first time, a member of the Order to preside Cedca: "our vocation is not just corporate, but also the defense of the civil society, the lacking and oppressed. And that mission justifies the presence of a member of OAB in the highest position of Council." Lawyer Dyrce Drach also took ownership in the entity, in the condition of substitute of Carlos Nicodemus

When transmitting the position for the lawyer, the then president of Cedca, chief judge Siro Darlan, made a swinging of his/her administration and it detached his/her successor's qualities, guaranteeing that "if we didn't live in the fullness of the democracy and the president chose to who transmits this function, he certainly would be my option. I have a lot of pride of him to be occupying this position."

They make part of the new management vice-president Eduardo Gameleiro, director of the General Department of Partner-educational (Degase) Actions and representative of the General office of State of Education, and the it would secrete Eliana Rocha Oliveira, of the Society Civil Family Well-being in Brazil (Bemfam).

Cedca counts with 20 government counselors and 20 no government. The first are responsible for elaborating action plans involving organs of the State of Rio de Janeiro, suitable for the government. The seconds possess the same representativeness of the government ones, but the entities are chosen by accomplished voting every two years in the State Forum of the Child's Rights and of the Adolescent (Fórum DCA)

Author: Of the composition of the Lawyer's 30/04/2009 Tribune - lawyer Carlos Nicodemos president of State Council of Defense of the was vested

http://noticias.unigranrio.edu.br/blog/2008/08/01/carlos-nicodemos-estara-no-seminario-a-justica-que-nos-queremos/

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 03:54:24 PM »

http://noticias.unigranrio.edu.br/blog/2008/08/01/carlos-nicodemos-estara-no-seminario-a-justica-que-nos-queremos/:: Translated below:

Carlos Nicodemos will be in the seminar "The Justice That We Want"
Encounter will gather celebrities in EMERJ, August 15, in the Center of Rio In the next 15, Friday, Carlos Nicodemos (professor  responsible for the Nucleus of Human Rights of Unigranrio and director of the Legal Project), will mark presence in the event the justice that we want", from 9 to 17:00, in the auditorium of the School of the Magistracy of Rio de Janeiro (Emerj), in AV. Erasmo Braga, 115, 4th floor (Central Forum of TJ / RJ).

In the opening of that seminar, the theme "Slum and citizenship" will put to the table the following participants: MV Bill (CUFA), Márcia Jacintho (violence victim's mother), Orlando Zaccone (police chief) and Marcelo Burgos (Department of Sociology and Politics of PUC-RJ). Chief judge Paulo Roberto Leite Ventura will be the mediator of this discussion panel. Free admission.
Chief judge Siro Darlan and the right judge João the Baptist Damasceno are the coordinators of that day. They will be granted hours of apprenticeship, by OAB, to the academics that participate in that seminar. Information in the (Emerj) or for the telephones 3133.3369 and 3133.3380. www.emerj.rj.gov.br
10h30m. Already "Our theme house, our earth", will count with other personalities: Maria of Lourdes Lopes (Coordination of the National Movement of Fight for the Home), João Pedro Stédile (of the national direction of MST / I Move of the Workers Rural Landless laborer), and João Luiz Duboc Pina)
14h30m. In this third block, there will be debate on "Right to the difference", with more three  guests: Cláudio Nascimento (coordinator of the Grupo Arco-íris and superintendent of Rights Individual, Collective and Diffuse), Gabriela Silva Leite (coordinator of ONG DAVIDA), and Alcione Araújo (writer). Chief judge Roberto Wilder will be the mediator of this phase of the Seminar
15h30m - In this last block, the organizers chose the theme "Out of the law, below the life", that it will count on Ronaldo Monteiro (incubator of Projects for Exits), Mônica Cunha (Funny Movement), Carlos Nicodemos (Unigranrio / I Project Legal), and Modest of Silveira (author of the Law of the Amnesty). The moderator of this panel will be chief judge Antônio Eduardo Duarte

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

#3 translation:

André Luís Sales Ribeiro Soares, a student of Right of the Universidade Unigranrio, in Duque de Caxias. RJ, that, during a proof of Tax Right II,(an exam) applied in 2002, he/she rebelled and he/she called Prof. Carlos "bobão" Nicodemus Oliveira Silva and "fool", it was condemned to pay a compensation of R$ 13 thousand corrected monetariamente.

The decision is of the 4th Civil Camera of the Tribunal of Justice of Rio.
The teacher alleged that, in the day of the proof of multiple choice, he requested the change of places of some students, avoiding like this the call "glue" and it was challenged by student André, in confrontation position to his/her authority

André, in his/her defense, affirms that he chose a good place in the room, ventilated, because it was not feeling well and as it didn't change of place, same staying at the room after bate.boca, it didn't receive the proof.
According to chief judge Siro Darlan, reporter of the resource, there is to take into account the degree of the offense, being right that a student should have a minimum of posture and respect inside to the maximum authority of the classroom: the teacher. He/she concludes that she should not admit conducts of such nature that reveal the student's vitality of disrupting the atmosphere in day of proof, disrespecting in a contusing way the master, before more than 40 students.
"The Nerve!!!! " quotes mine.

Sorry, kind of rough translation, gotta get back to work.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:03:27 PM by Sashia »

Offline cm

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
I thought they already received a thumbs down on their appeal trying to imply that this was a UN-CRC case as opposed to a Hague Convention case? The Central Authority should definitely step in before any 'other authority'.

I always wondered why JPLS used certain 'terms' when speaking about his relationship with Sean. He's probably got the following document memorized and frequently uses these terms for cases he represents.

http://www.eca.org.br/ecai.htm

When I think of the 'rights' of a child, 'sports and leisure' isn't high enough on my list to even mention them, unless it actually refers to letting the child just be a child!
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "  ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline noah3698

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
Quote from: BrazilianForJustice;40662
A little bit more thorough translation.

Guardianship Council will be activated to intervene in the of case Sean Goldman

The State Council of Defense of Children and Adolescents (Cedca) will ask, this Friday, the intervention of the Guardianship Council of the Southern Zone [of Rio] in the conduction of the Sean Goldman case. According to the chairman of Cedca, Carlos Nicodemos, there are indications that the boy, of nine years, has suffered [emotional] shocks to [his] psychosocial integrity.

The Cedca also requests the withdrawal of the interview of Sean Goldman from [web]sites. In June, the boy was interviewed by the expert in family therapy, Terezinha Carneiro Feres, of the Psychiatry sector of Santa Casa de Misericordia [hospital] of Rio de Janeiro. The Cedca understands that the online publication of the interview exposes Sean to an embarassing and demeaning situation.

"We need to shift the axis of the analysis of this issue to the field of human rights of children, especially when Brazil is a signatory to the Convention on the Rights of the Child of the United Nations (CDC-ONU). The CDC, which completes 20 years in 2009, advocates the superiority of the interest of the child in face of all or any [other] interest," says the chairman of Cedca, Carlos Nicodemus.

Bruna Bianchi, mother of Sean Goldman, separated from David Goldman and married [sic] again to a Brazilian. Last year, Bruna died during the birth of the second child, a daughter, and the Brazilian Justice gave temporary custody to the stepfather of the child. Since then, father and stepfather fight a legal battle for custody of the boy. The case began in court of Rio state, then moved to federal jurisdiction. With the death of Bruna, David intensified a campaign to try to bring the child back to the United States.

-

This is really bad.  Carlos Nicodemos was one of the people watching the interview of Sean throught the one way glass. JPLS picked him to be there because he knows him and we all know how that works.  It looks to me like now JPLS has CEDCA on his side.

I did not know that the video of Sean's interview was ever shown in the media.  Does anyone know if it was shown in Brazil?

Offline noah3698

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »
Was the video of Sean's interview ever made public either in the US or Brazil?  I did not think it was.  If not, then they must be referring to something else.

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »
Quote from: noah3698;40709
Was the video of Sean's interview ever made public either in the US or Brazil? I did not think it was. If not, then they must be referring to something else.
They are probably refering to the "snippets" aired by CBS showing Sean saying "I want to stay in Brazil" and the transcript and audio of his "interrogation"

I've read and re-red and I finally GET IT!!!!! This IDIOT (as the student who call him, called it right) Is being Chastised for partaking in such a horrendous act.
It is known that he participated and now that they have discovered it did NO GOOD for thier case, they have to backtrack,
they have to get it off the media radar.

Taking the OFFENSIVE instead of the defensive, they will FAIL to mention that is was THEM, Terezinha Carneiro Feres and Carlos Nicodemos (one of the people watching the interview of Sean throught the one way glass) João Paulo Lins e Silva and Silvana Carneiro Ribeiro, Who instigated the illegal "interrogation" for the sole purpose of showing it to the media.
I'm SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
The language barrier prevents me from forming a strong opinion of whether this is good or bad news. Could it just be a knee-jerk reaction to the Sophie Zanger tragedy?