Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anand - USA to India.  (Read 8576 times)

Offline Packman

• http://www.lbpdigest.com
Re: Anand - USA to India.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 06:06:12 AM »
My daughter was a resident of Washington, actually.  So you published in India, or locally?

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 06:39:23 AM »
We published locally in Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
What rights do father's have in India?  I know Arab Countries favor the father, but I don't know what it is like in India.  Have you located her yet?  This is really a nightmare.  I'm so sorry.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
Quote from: gail;46380
What rights do father's have in India? I know Arab Countries favor the father, but I don't know what it is like in India. Have you located her yet? This is really a nightmare. I'm so sorry.
India is not like Arab Countries in that fashion. It, on the paper, is much on the lines of US or UK law (our penal code was established in 1860 during the British rule). But, in reality, just like US and UK, they mostly favor the mother. The issue with India is the pace at which a matter moves through it's Courts. There are 30 million outstanding cases in front of Indian Courts and I know US based Indian fathers in a situation similar to mine who have been battling in the Indian Courts for 3/4 years with little or no success yet.

I still haven't been able to locate her and my son. OCI at Department of State promised, last week, to get me an update from US Consulate in India. I am not pinning my hopes on that.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
Quote from: ananddad;46405
India is not like Arab Countries in that fashion. It, on the paper, is much on the lines of US or UK law (our penal code was established in 1860 during the British rule). But, in reality, just like US and UK, they mostly favor the mother. The issue with India is the pace at which a matter moves through it's Courts. There are 30 million outstanding cases in front of Indian Courts and I know US based Indian fathers in a situation similar to mine who have been battling in the Indian Courts for 3/4 years with little or no success yet.

I still haven't been able to locate her and my son. OCI at Department of State promised, last week, to get me an update from US Consulate in India. I am not pinning my hopes on that.
That is just horrible.  Why did she do this?  Does she not want your child to know you?  What the hell is wrong with these women?  These children will grow up with a hole in their hearts wondering where their fathers are.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
Quote from: gail;46407
Does she not want your child to know you?
That pretty much sums it up.

Abductors don't realize what sort of feelings these children develop towards the abducting parent when they grow up. Read some of the stories here: http://www.takeroot.org/missing.php.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 12:32:35 PM »
Anand is now on NCMEC.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 05:05:44 PM »
Ananddad - Are there any new developments in your case?  Have you heard from the abductor? 

I wish these abductors would come to their senses and do what is right for their children. 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 11:49:12 PM »
Yes, I've been wondering if you have heard anything as well.  I hope so, let us know.