Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Article in local press in Britain  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Re: Article in local press in Britain
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
Great coverage, Martin!

I hope you find it helpful in getting the number of signatures your requesting.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:31:29 AM »
Just got a google alert for the news article on your case and came here to post about it but I see you already have.  

Glad to see the press covering your case.  I don't know many people in the UK but I will forward those that I do a link to the petition.

For those that have not yet read the article it's quite good.  It's refreshing to see a major news agency publish:

"when the 46-year-old travelled to South America last year in an attempt to find her [his daughter], he was arrested by police and held in a tiny cell, accused by his ex-wife's family of failing to pay child support.

While in prison, Martin discovered the Brazilian authorities had allowed his ex-wife's partner to adopt his daughter.

"She's been told I just disappeared while for many, many years I've been looking for her. I've been suicidal."

Martin, from Castletown, spent 15 days in a three-metre by four-metre cell with about 20 other men until his "debts" were paid.

The former St Aidan's School pupil said the Brazilian Government was notorious for allowing children to be adopted and hidden from divorced or separated parents."

These are things that we seem to hear all too often from Hague Cases in Brazil.  Left Behind Parents thrown in jail!!  Socio-Affective/adoptive parents legally replacing LBP's fighting for their children's return!?  If I read stuff like this in a novel a few years ago I'd say it was ridiculously un-believable, but the truth is truly stranger than any fiction.

All the best,
Carlos
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Thanks Carlos. I'm hoping that the national press will now start taking more of an interest. Theyhave been very stand-offish so far (at least, since they reported my imprisonment a year ago) because (as one journalist told me), I'm not young and pretty like the two British girls who got arrested in Rio recently:-) Thanks for the support. It's the people on this site who've kept me going recently.