Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stockholm syndrome  (Read 645 times)

Offline Motherof2

Stockholm syndrome
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:34:34 AM »
After reading about Jaycee Dugard case, I am wondering if it is going to take the "Justice System" here and in Brazil 18 years to bring Sean and all the other children home.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Stockholm syndrome
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 12:01:42 PM »
I'm so thankful that Jaycee has been rescued from the hell that she came to know as life.  One interesting thing that I read is that she feels guilt for having feelings for her kidnapper.  She spent 18 years with this monster and his wife.

On the flip side, I wonder if Sean would ever admit to feeling guilt for caring about JP.  Supposedly, Sean calls JP 'dad'.  However, like Jaycee, Sean has been kept from knowing his real parent.  

Another comparison is the missed opportunities that both situations had to make it right.  In Jaycee's case, the probabion officer made numerous trips to the home.  The police were even called because of their being children at the home of a sex offender.  Nothing was done.  In Sean's case, there is a judges ruling ordering his return home but because of the slowness and lengthiness of the Brazilian judicial system, nothing has been done.  IMHO, they have failed Sean and all the other children that were abducted.

With that said, I pray that Jaycee and her daughters can get the therapy that they need and hopefully they can lead a somewhat normal and productive life.  As well, I pray that David soon has the same opportunity to wrap his loving arms around HIS SON very soon.  

Tuesday is September, afterall!    ;)
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman