Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends  (Read 22536 times)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
Mike McCarty on Fox and friends
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »
I've been talking almost daily w/ Mike McCarty on Facebook. He told me that he is beginning to see what Dave has been going through and the parallels between the 2 cases. He's willing to help w/ HR3240 and is also receptive to doing some form of group or joint campaigns including a presser at the G20 if it can get arranged...

He seems to be a good man and his story is almost as ridiculous as David's....I told him that I'd post his weekend appearance on FOX here so that it could get some extra views and help keep him in the news......

Here is the only way I could post the link. It's on the left hand side about 2 scrolls down........"Liam" is his son's name......

http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
Re: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:52:18 AM »
Here is the only way I could post the link. It's on the left hand side about 2 scrolls down........"Liam" is his son's name......

By the way, the video name is "Saving Liam"......

This father could help us get more media exposure as well as "team" w/ others to keep the media blitz going during slow times....

Just a thought....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:38:18 PM by tweinstein »
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:33:19 AM »
Thanks JL! That was a great interview. It's so sad to hear yet another story of child abduction.  I wish him the best of luck in his upcoming trip to Italy.  

"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;45961
I've been talking almost daily w/ Mike McCarty on Facebook. He told me that he is beginning to see what Dave has been going through and the parallels between the 2 cases. He's willing to help w/ HR3240 and is also receptive to doing some form of group or joint campaigns including a presser at the G20 if it can get arranged...

He seems to be a good man and his story is almost as ridiculous as David's....I told him that I'd post his weekend appearance on FOX here so that it could get some extra views and help keep him in the news......

The first thing he needs to do is start to mention all of the other cases out there every time that he is interviewed (as David now does). I understand why it took David a while to realize that his was not the only case out there, but as they say, "the cat has been out of the bag for quite some time now".

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;45986
i
This link will take you right to the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=8883357&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/

The video is imbedded in my previous post.  It just takes a bit to load.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:51:20 PM »
I  must have a shockwave or flash problem.I see square outline with a tiny box in the upper left hand corner. Thanks

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 11:50:19 AM »
Mike McCarty sent me the link to his interview which was the lead story on CBS 2 ( in NYC I think ) yesterday.....

I told him I'd pass it along so you guys could view it and try and keep it on top of the site. It's a REALLY good interview and he makes several valid points that parallel what Dave is battling......

Check it out.....

http://wcbstv.com/local/michael.mccarty.liam.2.1155422.html

Peter

JL

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »
:::::::::Bump:::::::

Check out the story......Also watch the video and let's see if we can keep it on the "top story" page......thanks

http://wcbstv.com/local/michael.mccarty.liam.2.1155422.html

Peter

JL

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Mike McCarty on GMA & Fox and Friends
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »
Just received an UPDATE on Facebook:

UPDATE

To members of Save Liam McCarty (Formerly SaveLiam.org)

Michael L. Landsman September 10 at 6:14pm Reply

Michael McCarty will be interviewed on Good Morning America tomorrow morning about 8:00 am EST about his recent trip to Rome.

He will also be on Fox and Friends Sunday morning about 7:50 am EST to provide an update.

Thank you again for all your support.

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »
OMG! The boy is in an orphanage! Italy may be worse than Brazil. They don't even try to hide their blatant disregard for the child's father. Sorry, this is new to me. I've been out for a while. I'm catching up. These ridiculous abduction stories still shock me.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 12:38:52 AM »
Quote from: rachelle4;46421
OMG! The boy is in an orphanage! Italy may be worse than Brazil. They don't even try to hide their blatant disregard for the child's father. Sorry, this is new to me. I've been out for a while. I'm catching up. These ridiculous abduction stories still shock me.

I'm not sure how long he was actually in the orphanage, but the last update I heard he was living with his maternal grandparents (sounds familiar... but no socio-dad).
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 07:16:20 AM »
Quote from: carlos;46423
I'm not sure how long he was actually in the orphanage, but the last update I heard he was living with his maternal grandparents (sounds familiar... but no socio-dad).

I've been talking w/ Mike quite a bit...........

Liam was in an orphanage until the orphanage went on summer break......

Then he wasn't sure where Liam was, so he went to Italy to try and find him. He was heading to the social services office when he saw a crowd in front of the building. It was his son, his ex wife, and her mother holding a press conference that resembled and angry mob ( REMINDER: Liam's mother has been found unfit in both America and Italy and it was Italy that took Liam from her and placed him in an orphanage )....

When he approached and tried to get close enough so Liam could see him, a lawyer for the mother or grandmother confronted him and tried to provoke him. The lawyer shouted in Italian "I don't care about America".....

Mike had to leave and Liam never knew he was there.....It appears that the Italian justice system is a little confusing also.....

There are obviously difference between Mike's case and Dave's, but there are similarities also. Mike is beginning to see them and is considering his place in helping push for HR 3240.....

ALSO, Mike said he will be on GMA this morning ( although I didn't see him on the intro ) and then on Fox and friends Sunday around 7:50....I'll post the links if he is on.......

I think Mike seems like a nice guy in a bad situation. He is not in as good a position as Dave as he actually lost his Hague case in what he calls a "bogus court ruling". He's probably right considering what I've seen so far....

Maybe he will use his appearances to help spread awareness to his cause and Dave's as well. The more we get, the better off we are...........

My 2 cents....

Peter

JL

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 07:42:07 AM »
Quote from: carlos;46423

Having lived in Italy for several years, I can tell you that EVERYTHING closes for the summer (Aug/Sep)....specifically Aug.

JL - that's a d*mn shame he was so close to Liam yet he was unable to see him.  Even more ridiculous is that she went on tv showing that she has access to him given that she has been proven unfit.  As far as the 'bogus court ruling', I can believe it without blinking an eye.  

As far as 3240, I hope that he will put his support behind it regardless of the similarities (or lack thereof) with David's case.  IMO, ALL LBP's need to band together and support this bill -- it benefits them!  Maybe there should be a March on Washington by the LBPs and their families/supporters?

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 07:54:44 AM »
Quote from: Bree;46430
Having lived in Italy for several years, I can tell you that EVERYTHING closes for the summer (Aug/Sep)....specifically Aug.

JL - that's a d*mn shame he was so close to Liam yet he was unable to see him. Even more ridiculous is that she went on tv showing that she has access to him given that she has been proven unfit. As far as the 'bogus court ruling', I can believe it without blinking an eye.

As far as 3240, I hope that he will put his support behind it regardless of the similarities (or lack thereof) with David's case. IMO, ALL LBP's need to band together and support this bill -- it benefits them! Maybe there should be a March on Washington by the LBPs and their families/supporters?

Good info Bree......

Mike is still trying to find his way in all of this.....

His thought process is that .....A) He can create more awareness by focusing on his case because it is so ridiculous that they put Liam in a damn orphanage rather than back w/ him and B) His main concern right now is his son's safety.......

I think once he realizes that HE TOO will eventually need government intervention to get Liam home, he will jump on board fully........

He also has a business to run and no foundation or volunteer staff....So he's going it alone for the most part w/ his attorney and a handful of friends....

By the way, I just saw the promo for his piece on GMA.....Should be on right around 8 am.....

Peter

JL