Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends  (Read 22534 times)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
Re: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 08:14:48 AM »
Quote from: jl2saint;46433

Just watched the interview....A few suprises in there.....

He told me that Liam never saw him but he just said on GMA that Liam saw him and yelled at him that he was a bad person. I guess telling a stranger what actually happened would have been tough.....

And

I'm suprised he didn't mention the anti-American sentiment expressed by the attorney for the Italian family........

More exposure nontheless........
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »
Quote from: jl2saint;46434
Quote from: jl2saint;46433

Just watched the interview....A few suprises in there.....

He told me that Liam never saw him but he just said on GMA that Liam saw him and yelled at him that he was a bad person. I guess telling a stranger what actually happened would have been tough.....

And

I'm suprised he didn't mention the anti-American sentiment expressed by the attorney for the Italian family........

More exposure nontheless........

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

I'm watching it online right now.

Here's an article that has the video as well. If you look down in the "related" stories, it has David's battle there.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ChrisCuomo/fighting-liam-fathers-custody-battle-continues/story?id=8543194
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline 24lisa

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »
I recently found out about Sean through Michael McCarty's situation with his son, Liam, who was kidnapped by his Mentally ill Mother and taken to Rome, Italy.
There are many parallels and I really feel for David.
I have known Mike for over 30 years and he IS a decent, kind, and loving person, and a terrific Father.  
His ex-wife, Manuella Antonelli, was proven an unfit parent in Italy as well as in the US, and Liam is now in an orphanage, yet she STILL has contact with him, as does her family. That is a very scary and tense situation for Michael, and he fears for his son's state of mind. The mental manipulation his ex has been putting poor Liam through is inexcusable and illegal. I'm baffled as to why Italy allows this "drama" to continue? And yet,Brazil  doesn't seem to care about Childrens' rights either!

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 07:34:06 AM »
Quote from: 24lisa;46474
I recently found out about Sean through Michael McCarty's situation with his son, Liam, who was kidnapped by his Mentally ill Mother and taken to Rome, Italy.
There are many parallels and I really feel for David.
I have known Mike for over 30 years and he IS a decent, kind, and loving person, and a terrific Father.
His ex-wife, Manuella Antonelli, was proven an unfit parent in Italy as well as in the US, and Liam is now in an orphanage, yet she STILL has contact with him, as does her family. That is a very scary and tense situation for Michael, and he fears for his son's state of mind. The mental manipulation his ex has been putting poor Liam through is inexcusable and illegal. I'm baffled as to why Italy allows this "drama" to continue? And yet,Brazil doesn't seem to care about Childrens' rights either!

:yeahthat:

Amen.....Hopefully Dave and Mike can get Liam and Sean back and also make a difference for the many, many other LBP's.....
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 07:30:52 AM »
Mike will be on Fox and Friends at 8:20 this morning on the Fox news network......Let's watch and support......

Let's hope he gets time to tell his story better this time........

I'll watch this with a lot of interest......

I'm still waiting for him to realize that he needs political support.....

So we'll see.....

I really do believe Mike to be a good guy. I'd like to see him and Dave do some joint things to bring awareness and apply pressure to our politicians...........

Peter

JL

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 08:51:20 AM »
Mike's interview on Fox and friends was better....eventhough it was pretty short.......

He had a legal expert there who brought up the Hague which was on point.....Mike lost his Hague case in Italy in what he called a "kangaroo court". But the theme today was "they should have just sent Liam home" since Mike had already been awarded custody.......

Interview was better and I'm glad that the Hague was mentioned.....

Baby steps......

Peter

JL

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Other than simply saying that the courts in Italy are a "kangaroo court", what was the court's logic in ruling against him in the Hague case?

I looked at the compliance reports for the last 5 years and Italy has NEVER appeared as a country that was either non-compliant or showing patterns of non-compliance.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Mr. McCarty has never released enough information for us to fully understand his case.

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;46511
Other than simply saying that the courts in Italy are a "kangaroo court", what was the court's logic in ruling against him in the Hague case?

I looked at the compliance reports for the last 5 years and Italy has NEVER appeared as a country that was either non-compliant or showing patterns of non-compliance.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Mr. McCarty has never released enough information for us to fully understand his case.

I agree with you on that.....And he seems to be guarded w/info, going so far as to tell me one thing and then tell GMA a little different story.....But that's none of my business.....And I'm not sure about Italy and non-compliance, but their court system seems as screwed up as Brazil's in this matter. I mean, C'mon, an ORPHANGE????????

Here is all he told me about his Hague.....NOT a direct quote but close enough......

"dave and BSH have one thing politically that I do not; he won his Hague case and they can (and should!) make a strong political argument for sanctions. I lost my Hague case in a bogus decision despite Ny determining jurisdiction and custody at the trial and appellate level and the mother being a wanted fugitive who has felony violations of court orders."

Hopefully at some point he'll join this cause.....He is going to need some help to succeed and we could use some extra press as always.....

Provided that he checks out to be who he seems to be and absent of any monumental skeletons that is......

Peter

JL

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »
I am glad that Mike mentioned this morning that this is not a custody case, but a bastardization of bureaucracy.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 01:19:34 PM »

Quote from: jl2saint;46512
Provided that he checks out to be who he seems to be and absent of any monumental skeletons that is......

Courts in a lot of countries don't like it when one of the parties discusses sub judicial matters in a public forum. For all we know, that might be the reason why he has to watch what he says on TV.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
Quote from: ananddad;46514
Courts in a lot of countries don't like it when one of the parties discusses sub judicial matters in a public forum. For all we know, that might be the reason why he has to watch what he says on TV.

Aside from problems of courts not liking some things discussed one must be careful that what one states publicly is not used against you in court.  Even if what you say does not amount to anything bad it would really suck to have to waste 3 months litigating in a foreign country to show that.  The other big problem with the media and the public in general is that both are ill-equipped to deal with issues of deep complexity, which custody cases, Hague cases and divorces generally are.  One of the things that makes David's case so incredible is that it's really not that complex.  When Bruna was alive she never called David an unfit person or father and she has passed away anyway.  There is no he said, she said.  There is no which is more important, the mother or the father.  There is only the father and HT.  Mr McCarty's case on the other hand has some very deep complexities with respect to the Hague Convention.  Much of this information is already publicly available.

Though this was covered in an earlier post

Although McCarty's case has deep complexities with international law and the Hague Convention there are parts of it that are quite clear as well.  If the mother has been declared unfit as a parent, giving Liam to his father should be automatic.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
Quote from: ananddad;46514

I remember Mike saying that it has been stated that he is putting Liam in harms way by going on television (I'm paraphrasing of course).  IMHO, having Liam in an orphanage and/or stealing him away from his Dad is much more harmful.

I also remember that allegations were made against him for physical and sexual abuse -- that were found to be untrue.

I don't understand the hold up in his case except I'm not surprised having experienced the Italian culture for several years.  I'm not bashing Italy - I love it there and if I have my way, we will retire there.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 06:21:09 AM »
It seems like the Italian courts granted the mother custody. She then chose to live in the United States, not realizing that after a period of time she would be losing residency in Italy and thus the courts and its rulings there losing jurisdiction.

His case is much more complicated than David's, yet he does not make much effort to explain it. For example, why would the Italian courts grant her custody and then later determine her to be an unfit mother? What were the grounds for this later ruling?

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »

I'd say this is the media's job, more than anyone's, although they could put a timeline up on their Facebook page which would surely help. If the media was doing their job they would release a full time line of all the events in the legal case dating back to before Liam's birth. But as you see the media just goes for the ratings with the tantalizing headlines, not too dissimilar to David & Sean's case. I agree that McCarty's case is complicated but as Carlos and others have pointed out, at the end of the day he is Liam's father and with the mother declared unfit, what possible explanation could there be for Liam being "better off" in an orphanage than with his loving father in the US? Absolutely none. It's also very sad to see the level of parental alienation that has gone on with this case -- truly heartbreaking and sickening.

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »
Quote from: carlos;46515
Aside from problems of courts not liking some things discussed one must be careful that what one states publicly is not used against you in court. Even if what you say does not amount to anything bad it would really suck to have to waste 3 months litigating in a foreign country to show that. The other big problem with the media and the public in general is that both are ill-equipped to deal with issues of deep complexity, which custody cases, Hague cases and divorces generally are. One of the things that makes David's case so incredible is that it's really not that complex. When Bruna was alive she never called David an unfit person or father and she has passed away anyway. There is no he said, she said. There is no which is more important, the mother or the father. There is only the father and HT. Mr McCarty's case on the other hand has some very deep complexities with respect to the Hague Convention. Much of this information is already publicly available.

Though this was covered in an earlier post

Although McCarty's case has deep complexities with international law and the Hague Convention there are parts of it that are quite clear as well. If the mother has been declared unfit as a parent, giving Liam to his father should be automatic.

Good stuff, Carlos. I wonder if ABC and Fox News have even researched the case. I sure hope so, because it will give Michael McCarty more credibility with the pubilc if the full facts and history of the case are out there. It's a shame that the media is generally quite lazy and not terribly interested in spending time or resources investigating these cases. We've certainly seen much of the same with the Goldman case, with the exception of NBC.

In following the McCarty case, one thing that jumps out at me is that Michael McCarty needs someone powerful in Washington to champion his cause, either his Rep in Congress or preferably one (or both) of the two Senators from NY State -- Gillibrand or Schumer. Without that, it is going to be hard for him to get any assistance from SOS Clinton or President Obama, and we at BSH know that as well as anyone. There is no doubt that Congressman Chris Smith's decision to get involved and fly to Brazil with David was a major turning point in the case. Get Senator Schumer on an airplane to Italy with Michael and everything changes -- guaranteed. I'd like to see Senator Schumer step up here and do the right thing for one of his constituents.