Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends  (Read 22535 times)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
Re: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
In following the McCarty case, one thing that jumps out at me is that Michael McCarty needs someone powerful in Washington to champion his cause, either his Rep in Congress or preferably one (or both) of the two Senators from NY State -- Gillibrand or Schumer. Without that, it is going to be hard for him to get any assistance from SOS Clinton or President Obama, and we at BSH know that as well as anyone. There is no doubt that Congressman Chris Smith's decision to get involved and fly to Brazil with David was a major turning point in the case. Get Senator Schumer on an airplane to Italy with Michael and everything changes -- guaranteed. I'd like to see Senator Schumer step up here and do the right thing for one of his constituents.

Agreed......

Mike seems to think that his path to getting Liam home is w/ politicians in Italy........Why that is, I don't know.....

He seems and claims to know the Italian system pretty well and maybe that IS the best path. I would have thought that our politicians were.......

But it's his case, his son, and his decision.......
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:52:00 PM by tweinstein »
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 12:50:47 PM »
By all means, if he has the connections to line up political support in Italy that can only help him, and in many respects that is better quality help than he can find here at home. Anyone who thinks these cases don't become political once the media gets involved is kidding themselves. But I would never do one at the expense of the other. Getting help from politicians in BOTH countries would be ideal.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 03:41:06 PM »
I have Google Alerts set for lots of child abduction related queries.  Every so often I get an alert about this site

The first time it happened I read the site and blog and thought to myself, what a horrible story this woman is telling.  It is the story of a "hero mother" (told by her daughter) that escaped abuse by fleeing with her children to the Netherlands.  I left a comment on the site saying that I was very sorry for what she had gone through and glad her mother had gotten her away from it, but that there is another side to the coin.  Not all women who abduct their children are heroes and that child abduction in and of itself is abusive and should only be a last resort in cases like her own.  I continued by saying that, as a LBP myself, I also had personal experiences that informed my opinions.  My comment, which I assure you was very sympathetic to her, was never published.  

Later I realized that I had actually read the very story she was telling before, but from a different perspective.  Glenn Sacks, a very well known, and sometimes controversial figure in the father's rights movement (some feminists and women's rights advocates call him the devil and say he wants children given to abusers, pedophiles and murderers, which some of those same people see as synonymous with men) wrote an article about her case here which I also found from the The Google.  To avoid going into great detail I'll suffice to say that after reading a lot more about the case I'm not sure if Jennifer Collins is truly the survivor of an abusive father and has a hero mother or if she is an extreme example of what parental alienation can lead to in that she has launched a campaign reviling her father for his "abuse" in support of the loony alienating mother that abducted her and spoon fed her hate for years.

In any event she has posted a new blog entry that discusses the McCarthy case in which she says:

Despite the twist and turns in Glenn Sacks latest article “Numerous Parallels Between McCarty, Collins International Abduction Cases” the only true and important similarity is that two foreign courts refused to endanger vulnerable children who sought refuge in their country after reviewing all of the evidence.

I do not know if Liam is grateful to be out of the care of his mother, but I would guess that he is very relieved that the Italian courts are protecting him from his father's abuse.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
Tried to edit my previous post to add that the title of the blog entry I was referring to is:

"International Parental Abduction to Protect Children From Abuse"

But I took too long to do it and it wouldn't let me edit.  

I've been reading some comments on news articles about the boy in IL that was locked in his grandma's house and hidden in a hole in the wall when police came looking for him for two years after a fake stranger abduction.  Apparently people that are not close to the case want to make sure to tell others that the mother probably had a good reason and that mother's just don't do that for nothing.  There's just no shortage of people that will come out to justify child abductor's actions without even knowing the details of the case.  In fairness I also was reading some man's posting on a news story about the male optometrist who abducted his kids with his mom and took them in a mobile home through Central America leaving the kids traumatized, hungry and "hording food".  He said the father was surely justified based on the unfairness of US courts towards men and that he was probably just "protecting" his kids.

All these people make me sick.  This is not a father's or mother's rights issue.  It should not be a gender issue at all.  It's not even a parent's rights issue.  Children have a right to be protected from the tyranny and objectification of either parent that feels they have a right to cut the other parent out of their life.  Children have a right to know their own parents and extended families.  I hope someday when people read about a parental abduction the assumption will be, a crime has occurred and a child is in danger and needs immediate help.
― Rumi

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
Quote from: carlos;46567
I have Google Alerts set for lots of child abduction related queries. Every so often I get an alert about this site

The first time it happened I read the site and blog and thought to myself, what a horrible story this woman is telling. It is the story of a "hero mother" (told by her daughter) that escaped abuse by fleeing with her children to the Netherlands. I left a comment on the site saying that I was very sorry for what she had gone through and glad her mother had gotten her away from it, but that there is another side to the coin. Not all women who abduct their children are heroes and that child abduction in and of itself is abusive and should only be a last resort in cases like her own. I continued by saying that, as a LBP myself, I also had personal experiences that informed my opinions. My comment, which I assure you was very sympathetic to her, was never published.

Later I realized that I had actually read the very story she was telling before, but from a different perspective. Glenn Sacks, a very well known, and sometimes controversial figure in the father's rights movement (some feminists and women's rights advocates call him the devil and say he wants children given to abusers, pedophiles and murderers, which some of those same people see as synonymous with men) wrote an article about her case here which I also found from the The Google. To avoid going into great detail I'll suffice to say that after reading a lot more about the case I'm not sure if Jennifer Collins is truly the survivor of an abusive father and has a hero mother or if she is an extreme example of what parental alienation can lead to in that she has launched a campaign reviling her father for his "abuse" in support of the loony alienating mother that abducted her and spoon fed her hate for years.

In any event she has posted a new blog entry that discusses the McCarthy case in which she says:

Despite the twist and turns in Glenn Sacks latest article “Numerous Parallels Between McCarty, Collins International Abduction Cases” the only true and important similarity is that two foreign courts refused to endanger vulnerable children who sought refuge in their country after reviewing all of the evidence.

I do not know if Liam is grateful to be out of the care of his mother, but I would guess that he is very relieved that the Italian courts are protecting him from his father's abuse.
The daughter comes across as a bigger nut case than the mother. She blames Glenn Sacks of making disparaging remarks about them without ever meeting/knowing them. But she has no hesitation in assuming that Mike McCarty was abusing his son.

Sacks's expose shows the history of the mother who has a habit of making abuse allegations against most of the people in her life. She didn't even spare her mother and went as far accusing the ex brother-in-law. Judging by her previous history, it may not be too long before she makes abuse allegations against her own daughter (whom she kidnapped to Holland to 'protect' from the father). Wonder what the daughter would have to say then.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 07:29:21 AM »
Quote from: ananddad;46576
The daughter comes across as a bigger nut case than the mother. She blames Glenn Sacks of making disparaging remarks about them without ever meeting/knowing them. But she has no hesitation in assuming that Mike McCarty was abusing his son.

I don't think it's fair to judge the daughter. She's a victim of PAS and it seems has not come to understand what exactly that means and the effect it may have had on her.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 12:40:12 PM »
Quote from: M.Capestro;46595
I don't think it's fair to judge the daughter. She's a victim of PAS and it seems has not come to understand what exactly that means and the effect it may have had on her.
I do understand she is a victim of PAS. But if you read through her blog, you will notice that she does not simply 'not like' her father but she absolutely 'hates' him. No where does she talk of an attempt made by her to get in touch with her father and get his side of the story. That is more unfair to herself and her brother than it is to her father.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
Quote from: ananddad;46606
I do understand she is a victim of PAS. But if you read through her blog, you will notice that she does not simply 'not like' her father but she absolutely 'hates' him. No where does she talk of an attempt made by her to get in touch with her father and get his side of the story. That is more unfair to herself and her brother than it is to her father.

What's more she sells herself as a children's rights crusader defending the practice of internationally abducting children "to protect them" from abusive fathers and drawing on her own personal experiences to illustrate the epidemic of domestic violence and unprotected women and railing against the "junk science" of PAS.  She sells herself as a public speaker and appears on radio and tv to tell her mother's heroic story.  I completely respect a person or families right to privacy but if you are going to put your own story out in the public domain with the intention of having it cited as an example of why we need to change public policy having that story scrutinized is just par for the course.  I gave up my own privacy when I decided to make my life, marriage and family a matter of public record by posting it online.  Doing so is not easy but I felt, and still feel, that the powers that be would continue to ignore me and other parents like me if our stories are not told.  In doing so we open ourselves and our history to scrutiny and attack.  Once something is posted on the Internet it becomes a matter of public record and if it is done in ones own name one must be prepared to forever account for what they have said (or done).  At least in my case, I did so understanding all of that up front.
― Rumi

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »
Quote from: carlos;46608
........ I completely respect a person or families right to privacy but if you are going to put your own story out in the public domain with the intention of having it cited as an example of why we need to change public policy having that story scrutinized is just par for the course. I gave up my own privacy when I decided to make my life, marriage and family a matter of public record by posting it online. Doing so is not easy but I felt, and still feel, that the powers that be would continue to ignore me and other parents like me if our stories are not told. In doing so we open ourselves and our history to scrutiny and attack. Once something is posted on the Internet it becomes a matter of public record and if it is done in ones own name one must be prepared to forever account for what they have said (or done). At least in my case, I did so understanding all of that up front.

Carlos, I agree, mostly, with your post. However, I don't know how far I would go on losing your right to privacy. Some of it seems lost because you posted it. Just the same, internet forums are not the same as a legal document or other statement where you are certifying the statements as true. The internet is one big, grey area, and you could easily post opposite information tomorrow and say you were just having fun with phony posts, and you're not telling what the real story is, or if there is a story. Bottom line being that you are not a public figure of any kind, and I have a belief that you didn't simply lose all rights to privacy based on the reasons you gave. I believe that you and other posters retain more rights than you think. IMHO.

Offline Diane

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
Quote from: carlos;46575

All these people make me sick.  This is not a father's or mother's rights issue.  It should not be a gender issue at all.  It's not even a parent's rights issue.  Children have a right to be protected from the tyranny and objectification of either parent that feels they have a right to cut the other parent out of their life.  Children have a right to know their own parents and extended families.  I hope someday when people read about a parental abduction the assumption will be, a crime has occurred and a child is in danger and needs immediate help.

Some days I go on this forum and find comfort knowing, that the people here are working so hard to bring Sean home, to change laws and pass bills which will make it more difficult to abduct, more punitive actions against the abductor, and real consequences for countries which don't comply with the Hague tenets.  On those days I keep writing letters and making phone calls, to the people in Congress, the president and others,  pushing for passage of H.R.3240 and H.R.2702.  

Most nights I cannot sleep knowing my grandson was taken from a father, whom he adored, deprived of his country,  grandparents, aunts, cousins, etc.  This crime seems so heinous that I cannot come to terms with a society that seems indifferent to this nightmare perpetuated on innocent and helpless children.  Every time I see David speak or look at Sean's picture it is clear that the Grandparents who helped to abduct him should be in jail, not giving interviews attempting to solicit sympathy for their cause.

I also realize that severe abuse exists and some parents are justified.  As previously stated, more often than not it is the abuser who abducts the children.

I do want to thank all those who labor here,  who have not personally been affected by this in their own life.    Those who GET it and know this is cruel beyond imagination.
 You are all hero's.  I hope when the goal of recovering Sean to David is finally realized, you will keep fighting for all the other abducted children and their parents, until this crime receives punishment,  worthy of the degree of pain that it inflicts on children and their left behind and heartbroken parents.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
T  In fairness I also was reading some man's posting on a news story about the male optometrist who abducted his kids with his mom and took them in a mobile home through Central America leaving the kids traumatized, hungry and "hording food".  He said the father was surely justified based on the unfairness of US courts towards men and that he was probably just "protecting" his kids.

That is the case of the Matusiewicz children.

edited to add: The Collins case has a story that is still warping to this very day. I had those kids on my site once, and I got an e-mail stating that they were being protected from their abusive father, but the story told to me didn't match up with what they say now.

I've noticed, and written about it several times, that people tend to assume that if a mother abducts her kid, she did it to protect them from an evil abusive dad. A commentator on my blog even said a single mother is the only one with rights to her kid. I then asked if Jessica Vargas Biatriz's mom still deserves these rights despite being wanted for homicide and home invasion. No response.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »
Apparently people that are not close to the case want to make sure to tell others that the mother probably had a good reason and that mother's just don't do that for nothing. There's just no shortage of people that will come out to justify child abductor's actions without even knowing the details of the case. In fairness I also was reading some man's posting on a news story about the male optometrist who abducted his kids with his mom and took them in a mobile home through Central America leaving the kids traumatized, hungry and "hording food". He said the father was surely justified based on the unfairness of US courts towards men and that he was probably just "protecting" his kids.

Let us face the truth...abducting mothers attract a lot more bleeding heart defenders than abducting fathers.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 08:33:44 PM »
This is true.  We are seen and loving and kind and would never do anything to harm our child/children.  Things really need to change.

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 09:10:44 PM »
So kudos to the baseball dad in Philly. I don't like Philly (tongue in cheek), but that guy did a service for so many loving fathers everywhere. Even later on the Today show, little Emily was all about her daddy. That really struck a strong chord in me. Also, Teen children need that Daddy attention just as much as the toddler. I only know about daughters personally, but I've seen teen sons show their needs as well. We dads need them, too. We only get one life, and once we all commit ourselves to offering up everything we've got to a child, we need to see that child rearing continue all the way to adulthood. I would rather someone cut my arm off, no question, than take my child away before my time with them is legitimately complete.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
I have been away fronm the forum for a bit and have just viewed Mikes interview.  First I'd like to say to Mike how appalled and sorry I am about his situation.  What a horrible "club" to be a part of.  My heart breaks for you and Liam who shares his name with my own son.  I am shocked that he has been held in an orphanage when you have sole custody!  

When will this insanity stop!?!?
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.