Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends  (Read 20651 times)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Mike McCarty on Fox and friends
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;48110
That's why we need a "mechanism" Bree.....Something to get the kids returned home for custody proceedings in the place of their habitual residence.......

That's what we hope 3240 is.....because the Hague doesn't work all the time apparently.......:nixweiss:

Apparently, the Hague doesn't work MUCH of the time.  That was Lexi's quote, by the way.  But, thanks for thinking of me.  ;)  lol  Hope you are feeling better.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »
I've been off here for awhile dealing with my own issues w/my son and ex.  Yes the cat may be out of the bag, but we've lost the cat it seems.  Even though my case is in the states, it's still just as hard as if he was 4000 mile away.

My heart and prayers are with everyone....
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
Quote from: Bree;48113
Apparently, the Hague doesn't work MUCH of the time. That was Lexi's quote, by the way. But, thanks for thinking of me. ;) lol Hope you are feeling better.

No prob Bree.....and thanks....

Eventhough I'm apparently not right yet because I have a closing in 20 minutes and can't find the contract or price.....lol

Opps....

And I agree, MOST of the time the Hague doesn't work and there is no mechanism to enforce it......
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;48110
That's why we need a "mechanism" Bree.....Something to get the kids returned home for custody proceedings in the place of their habitual residence.......

That's what we hope 3240 is.....because the Hague doesn't work all the time apparently.......:nixweiss:

Agreed...and you've been doing a fine job of moving the process forward.

Imo, the Hague has the same feel as the UN - both completely well intended but somewhat toothless and unreliable.

(Thanks for the attribution Bree :D)

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
Quote from: Lexi;48200
Agreed...and you've been doing a fine job of moving the process forward.

Imo, the Hague has the same feel as the UN - both completely well intended but somewhat toothless and unreliable.

(Thanks for the attribution Bree :D)

Yea, my bad Lex......lol.....Sometim es I get in a hurry...

The thing is, this is taking waaay too long...These are our kids and we should have already had a mechanism in place to protect them....Why don't people see that? So urgency should be a huge issue seeing as we were reactive instead of proactive..........

There is no other reason not to push for this bill other than partisanship, ignorance of it, or just being plain scared to pass a bill w/ teeth........None of which are good excuses and should be put b4 our children......

Good grief.....I'll bet ya that if a COngressman's child was abducted tomorrow to Japan or Brazil, this bill would be on the floor for a vote next week.......
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;48202
Yea, my bad Lex......lol.....Sometim es I get in a hurry...

The thing is, this is taking waaay too long...These are our kids and we should have already had a mechanism in place to protect them....Why don't people see that? So urgency should be a huge issue seeing as we were reactive instead of proactive..........

There is no other reason not to push for this bill other than partisanship, ignorance of it, or just being plain scared to pass a bill w/ teeth........None of which are good excuses and should be put b4 our children......

Good grief.....I'll bet ya that if a COngressman's child was abducted tomorrow to Japan or Brazil, this bill would be on the floor for a vote next week.......
[/COLOR]

No problem, was just kidding :)

Yup, for sure. They are perceiving this as a niche, marginal issue and that is problematic. Perhaps they or their senior staffers need to be told about all the tens of thousand(?) of hits this website gets and that we are tracking responses here. Also, that this issue has been covered by all the major networks and print media....assuming this hasn't already been said.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:08:55 PM by tweinstein »

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »
Actually, to be fair, the UN has done a lot of good work through some of its agencies. I was specifically referring to its seeming weakness when it comes to dealing with non-compliant countries for instance on human rights violations.