Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My case turned out to be like David's  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
My case turned out to be like David's
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:16 PM »
Backscratching!!! About a month and a half ago the judge ruled the order of return. As expected my ex took the kids and hide for all this time waiting the results of his appeals. The first one was denied right away and then appealed one second time and all of a sudden this time it came out favourable to him. The case was seen by 7 high court judges and ALL of them agreeded that the final decision(the return) had to be suspended! I was born in Brazil and I'm very upset with the outcome of my case as I was when David was so close of getting his son Sean back and it didn't happen because of Backscratching. Now I will have to appeal his appealing and God knows how long that would take. I'm so disappointed. I'm willing to tell my story to the midia here as I am doing it now in Brazil.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: My case turned out to be like David's
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »
Quote from: Alezio;46854
I'm so disappointed. I'm willing to tell my story to the midia here as I am doing it now in Brazil.
Sorry to hear that the drama drags on. Please be aware that trying to attract media's attention to your situation can be very frustrating. Most of them will simply ignore your emails. It happened to me. After sending emails for more than 10 months and not getting any response from major Seattle area media outlets, I received an email from a kind hearted editor at a small local newspaper that exclusively serves one of the small suburbs of Seattle. Within 3 days, she had set up a meeting for me with one of her reporters and within a week, they published my story. Just stay patient and keep sending emails.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »
Thank you so much for the information on the media. I've already sent them e-mails and hopefully they will get interested on the story. Good luck on your case too!

Offline vipermann1

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »
Getting media attention is very difficult.
There is simply too much "other useless fluff" the media wants to show.

The local dog show got more media coverage in Los angeles than my daughters case.

Best way is to find a friend who knows someone within the local news media or TV station.

Thanks,
UZY

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
Was your case heard in Federal Court?
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
Quote from: dmdaven2;48406
Was your case heard in Federal Court?
Yes, it was heard in Federal Court finally after almost 2 years. The judge made his ruling in my favor, the other party appealed and the case went to Brasilia where it was seeing by the High Court Judges who suspended the order of return.

Offline abbysomething

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
I thought of you because Sean's Brazilian grandmother wrote this in a letter to the president that this is going on because of "cultural differences".

She wrote:
"Our moral foundation values the mother's role. In the absence of the mother, the raising should be done by the grandmother," she wrote. "That's how it's done in Brazil, from north to south, regardless of race, religion or social class. It's natural that foreigners, with a different foundation, would not understand these authentically Brazilian feelings."

Aside from the fact that she is not Sean's only grandmother, and the obvious point that an immediate parent trumps a grandparent every time, I guess she doesn't speak for every Brazilian.

I really don't know how this kind of thing can happen. Cases like this should not allow to be delayed. One day is an eternity when you miss your child.

Offline armandopenha

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »
sorry to hear about your situation. Keep the faith and believing God. I believe David Goldman is one of the first of many cases that will have a good ending. we just have to stick together and keep on pressing on. Justice will have to be made sooner or later. You are in my prayers. God bless you!!