Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (PLEASE READ) "A World Apart" International Parental Abduction YouTube Campaign  (Read 2620 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline StephenAWatkins

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38
    • Watkins Missing Children
Dear David Goldman,

My name is Stephen Watkins and I have been in your blogs in the past discussing my children Abduction Case. It doesn't seem that a thread was set-up for my case although I got the impression you might be only tracking abductions into Brazil? My children were abducted from Canada into the US and then to Germany / Europe.

I am in a similar case as accounted by American Dad who tried desperately to get his children back from Japan, The two 2 judges in my case also knew that my Ex had possession of my children's passports and even after returning to court 5 times with her facing Contempt of Court Motion. Both Judges did nothing to protect my children. You can read about this at http://www.Watkins-Missing-Children.com

I would like to bring to your attention a campaign I have started with Ken Thompson, a father from Australia who had his son was abducted 15 months ago, HELP FIND MY CHILD and FOREVER SEARCHING.

Working along side of two wonderful online organizations FOREVER SEARCHING and HELP FIND MY CHILD, Ken and I have joined to promote our causes with a message to MySpace's creator TOM ANDERSON who has almost 300 million friends.

I had sent letter to MySpace to have Tom Anderson let all his members know about HFMC and FS on MySpace as he sends out messages promoting sites, music and events within the myspace world.

Our plea to get publicity to send our message has fallen on deaf ears and no one has responded. We have now taken this to the public. We hope to create awareness of our two cases, as well as to promote HFMC and FS in addition to 15 other cases listed with these organizations.

All we wanted was for Tom Anderson to post to its members to visit HFMC and FS, but like any major organizations, its better to post about NASCARS instead.

We would greatly appreciate it if you can help us promote our cause in any which way possible and direct your Forum Members to see the Video I created and also the response video of all the children featured. You son, Sean Goldman is also on the response video made by HFMC & FS.

All we are needing is for as much traffic to see the video's, post comments and to save as favorites to show YouTube that International Parental Child Abduction is a very real thing happening in the world.. and is happening every day thus "A World Apart".

After 7 months, I am now in a position to go public with my story and have interviews commencing at the end of this week. I was already pre-warned by Canadian Foreign Affairs in meeting with them not to attempt a rescue as they said that they won't acknowledge me and the Embassy doors would be locked.

Please help us out, let people, the media and all your forum members know about:

"A World Apart" Watkins & Thompson Letter to Tom Anderson of MySpace
at this URL: http://bit.ly/3WG5rf

Thank you so much and please contact me anytime.

Best Regards,
Stephen Watkins
(Searching Parent)

Watkins.Missing.Children@gmail.com
http://www.Watkins-Missing-Children.com

Offline StephenAWatkins

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38
    • Watkins Missing Children
Please HELP by Viewing the video, Leave Comments and SAVE as favorites:

YOUTUBE:
"A World Apart" Watkins & Thompson Letter to Tom Anderson of MySpace
http://bit.ly/3WG5rf

DOWNLOAD THE LETTER SENT TO MYSPACE:
http://bit.ly/8yD4h


FOREVER SEARCHING:
Is a global group whose whole purpose for existing is to raise awareness to individual child abductions throughout the world.
http://www.foreversearching.com

HELP FIND MY CHILD:
Is a small voluntary group working with parents, grandparents & friends to help raise awareness online for missing and abducted children.
http://www.helpfindmychild.net

Thank you!
Stephen Watkins

Offline tenorplus

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 689
Thanks for letting us know about your [personal] situation, which I am confident the BSH adminitration (and all of us) will be happy to support and work with you - to bring home your children (and also your friend's children!). These are so very sad... and David's commitment to BRING SEAN HOME has really been an inspiration to all of us. David is a stalwart of a man... one of a kind (and the best)... a man of conviction and great care... as we all work together (as a team - a family), and maintain a common purpose and goal - we can help to bring about the change that is so very much needed and BRING HOME Sean... and ALL the other children in these abductive situations!!!!!!!! You have my/our thoughts, prayers and support!

Offline Lexi

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
So sorry that you are yet another left-behind parent going through this ordeal. As many times as I hear these stories, I can't completely wrap my mind around them. With all these cases (seemingly) emerging at the same time, I hope this global problem finally gets some attention.

Offline tweinstein

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1681
Quote from: Lexi;47420
So sorry that you are yet another left-behind parent going through this ordeal. As many times as I hear these stories, I can't completely wrap my mind around them. With all these cases (seemingly) emerging at the same time, I hope this global problem finally gets some attention.
You are correct that the cases are emerging at the same time. It's not that they are new (albeit the problem is increasing every year), it's simply that us LBPs never had a place to share our stories or an audience that cared to hear them before.

Offline Lexi

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
Quote from: tweinstein;47423
You are correct that the cases are emerging at the same time. It's not that they are new (albeit the problem is increasing every year), it's simply that us LBPs never had a place to share our stories or an audience that cared to hear them before.

And that's yet another aspect of this issue that on the face of it is surprising. You'd think with cable and the 24-hour news cycle that the media would have been been all over this way back, but they tend to be tunnel visioned when it comes to coverage.
 
I also suspect that most LBPs just didn't have the knowledge, resources, and energy to get past that.

Offline StephenAWatkins

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38
    • Watkins Missing Children
Thank you fro all your comments. It's not that these are all coming out at the same time as 95% of parental abductions never make it to the press.  It does hit the press when a parent hits a brick wall like David and the courts in Brazil. In my case, Poland is NOT even searching for my children and they have told the only NGO Missing Persons organizations NOT to search for my kids. This is in contradictory to the Hague Convention Treaty and Interpol's YELLOW NOTICE issued by a member country.

Offline Lexi

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
Quote from: StephenAWatkins;47435
Thank you fro all your comments. It's not that these are all coming out at the same time as 95% of parental abductions never make it to the press. It does hit the press when a parent hits a brick wall like David and the courts in Brazil. In my case, Poland is NOT even searching for my children and they have told the only NGO Missing Persons organizations NOT to search for my kids. This is in contradictory to the Hague Convention Treaty and Interpol's YELLOW NOTICE issued by a member country.

Agree, some of these cases have been around a while - it's just that they are coming out of the shadows now (not for a lack of trying by LBPs I'm sure).
 
Do you know why they told them that? I was going to ask if you have any recourse in terms of holding them accountable but the Hague is so weak on that front that I presume there isn't anything meaningful you can do.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:51:01 PM by Lexi »

Offline StephenAWatkins

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38
    • Watkins Missing Children
I don't know about recourse but I know Poland is trying to confirm as an EU member and not abiding to Interpol Notices, let alone another bad report issued by the Hague, does not look good for the country Poland politically.  Again, what's the point of being a signature country of the Hague, if your not going to reciprocate? Poland can expect the world to tolerate this. When abductions happen out of Poland they expect the kids back right away but they don't reciprocate when it is the other way around.  The Canadian government has told me directly that all of the is "Smoke and Mirrors".

Offline jl2saint

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1357
Quote from: StephenAWatkins;47488
I don't know about recourse but I know Poland is trying to confirm as an EU member and not abiding to Interpol Notices, let alone another bad report issued by the Hague, does not look good for the country Poland politically. Again, what's the point of being a signature country of the Hague, if your not going to reciprocate? Poland can expect the world to tolerate this. When abductions happen out of Poland they expect the kids back right away but they don't reciprocate when it is the other way around. The Canadian government has told me directly that all of the is "Smoke and Mirrors".

That's the way all of these non-compliant countries act......

I heard Dave say the other day that there have been 4 kids returned to Brazil from NEW JERSEY alone since Sean was taken......no telling how many others have been returned from elsewhere.....

But we know Brazil has returned a big fat ZERO!!!!!!!
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.
 
Peter

JL

Offline Lexi

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
Quote from: StephenAWatkins;47488
I don't know about recourse but I know Poland is trying to confirm as an EU member and not abiding to Interpol Notices, let alone another bad report issued by the Hague, does not look good for the country Poland politically. Again, what's the point of being a signature country of the Hague, if your not going to reciprocate? Poland can expect the world to tolerate this. When abductions happen out of Poland they expect the kids back right away but they don't reciprocate when it is the other way around. The Canadian government has told me directly that all of the is "Smoke and Mirrors".

It looks like the reciprocity part of the agreement got lost in translation for some countries (Brazil, Mexico, Poland). Guess they want the benefits alright but are taking a pass on the obligations.
 
I'm curious, do you feel like you've been adequately supported by the Canadian government?

Offline StephenAWatkins

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38
    • Watkins Missing Children
Quote from: Lexi;47500
It looks like the reciprocity part of the agreement got lost in translation for some countries (Brazil, Mexico, Poland). Guess they want the benefits alright but are taking a pass on the obligations.
 
I'm curious, do you feel like you've been adequately supported by the Canadian government?


That is a tough question... let's see. My main investigator is American working from the US. He comments that in Canada.. Everyone is so careful in not stepping on each other toes that to get things done is very slow....
(This is putting it mildly)

At least the Canadian Government told me in advance that if I attempt to do a rescue, they won't open the doors at any Embassy.

Offline Lexi

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
Quote from: StephenAWatkins;47514
That is a tough question... let's see. My main investigator is American working from the US. He comments that in Canada.. Everyone is so careful in not stepping on each other toes that to get things done is very slow....
(This is putting it mildly).

In my experience, Americans generally tend to be more aggressive and Canadians have more of a laissez-faire attitude so I can see where he's coming from.
 
Quote from: StephenAWatkins;47514
At least the Canadian Government told me in advance that if I attempt to do a rescue, they won't open the doors at any Embassy.

I'd take candor over entrapment too! (At least it sounds like entrapment based on reports).

Offline Sashia

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1124
FYI, MySpace is not owned by Tom Anderson, he may not now or ever have, existed, only in the minds of the naive. It is owned by NewsCorp. Which IS Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch owns Fox News, GE, Aol/TimeWarner/Disney Corp/NY Post/Fox Sports/ etc, etc, etc. http://focusedrant.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-rupert-murdoch-owns.html he has the clout to spread information but most likely, only if it results in $$ in his pocket, (he could do a news blitz that would singe the the hair off a mouse)... The media in this country AND world wide is basically owned by anywhere from 5 to 8 elite families (depending on whether they intermarried or not).....As the saying goes in the political world, if you can't get air time, you and your issues don't exist. The fewer people that own our news, the worse off we are. thank GOD for the internet, which David Rockafeller said was the worse invention of the century. It gives us a power we did not have 20 years ago. Luckily, he holds no interests in Brasil or even S.A. but he does in Japan and India

Offline StephenAWatkins

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38
    • Watkins Missing Children
Hi, Saskia
Yes thank you for your info. I was aware that Tom Anderson "Really" does not exist any more BUT to most MySpace's they believe he is there and his Profile Picture is used by the MySpace Public Relations Department to direct members to different sites.  Tom's profile was purchased with the sale of MySpace to Rupert Murdoch.  If you watch the video again, you can see that I have addressed it to Tom Anderson and MySpace Public Relations Department. I was in direct contact by phone and e-mail with the Director of Public Affairs of MySpace with my request. Tom Anderson was only the creator in 2003 but was operated later by others. Thanks for the info... just in case i missed it.