Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael McCarty's son, Liam, has been reabducted!  (Read 31812 times)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Michael McCarty's son, Liam, has been reabducted!
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:25 AM »
This morning, I received the following message on Facebook regarding the reabduction of Liam McCarty by his non-custodial mother:

Michael L. LandsmanNovember 25 at 7:30am Reply
Liam McCarty has been re-abducted by his mother, Manuela Antonelli, who is a psychologically disturbed international fugitive. They are now missing.

This latest abduction happened at the Juvenile Court in Rome on Nov. 18. Earlier that day, the new President of the Rome Juvenile Court held a meeting between Michael McCarty his son Liam to personally assess the state of their relationship. After the last several months where Liam's exact location and living conditions were not being properly monitored or controlled by Italian Social Services the Court was finally able to witness the severe psychological damage that has been inflicted upon Liam.

After the meeting, the Court directed that Liam immediately be sent to a new orphanage, a new legal guardian be appointed, replacing Social Services as Liam's legal custodian, and that all contact with Antonelli and her family be suspended.

The next day, Nov. 19, Michael flew back to NY. After he arrived, he learned that Liam never made it to the new orphanage. We do not know how it happened. However, we do know that Liam was re-abducted by Antonelli and/or her family after the court ordered Liam to be sent to a new orphanage. We also know that Liam and Antonelli remain missing, presumably in Italy or the EU.

On Nov. 22, Michael flew back to Rome to try and find his son Liam, and is currently there desperately seeking information from the Italian authorities.

Liam is now in grave danger. The situation is urgent.

If you have any information about the location of Liam McCarty or Antonelli, please contact me and the relevant governmental authorities.

We are deeply concerned about the health and safety of Liam McCarty.

Thank you again for all your support.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Re: Michael McCarty's son, Liam, has been reabducted!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
I am so disgusted by this. My prayers go out to Michael and his son.

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:23:53 AM »
Quote from: M.Capestro;49418
I am so disgusted by this. My prayers go out to Michael and his son.

I had a message conversation w/ MM yesterday and he told me about this. But I thought he said that the GRANDPARENTS had taken Liam. I mean, it really doesn't matter because the mother is usually w/ her parents,  but I guess they are ALL missing? Mother, Liam, and her parents.....

Wow.....I pray they find Liam okay. And now that the crazy mother has showed her true colors, it will probably help Mike's case in Italy.....

I heard also that kidnapping charges were filed against all 3 yesterday in the Italian judicial system...........
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Caldwell

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:29:45 AM »
Quote from: jl2saint;49419
I had a message conversation w/ MM yesterday and he told me about this. But I thought he said that the GRANDPARENTS had taken Liam. I mean, it really doesn't matter because the mother is usually w/ her parents, but I guess they are ALL missing? Mother, Liam, and her parents.....

Wow.....I pray they find Liam okay. And now that the crazy mother has showed her true colors, it will probably help Mike's case in Italy.....

I heard also that kidnapping charges were filed against all 3 yesterday in the Italian judicial system...........
I don't want to get too distracted by this case right now, BUT, someone please explain WHY the Italian Court mentioned above did not give custody to the father sitting right in front of them, and sent the boy off to an orphanage? What's this about, I don't get it?
Pass HR 3240
Please visit links to HR 3240.  We need this bill passed now for the 2,800 other abducted American Children!

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
Quote from: jl2saint;49419
I had a message conversation w/ MM yesterday and he told me about this. But I thought he said that the GRANDPARENTS had taken Liam. I mean, it really doesn't matter because the mother is usually w/ her parents,  but I guess they are ALL missing? Mother, Liam, and her parents.....

No surprise that kidnappers kidnap.  Past performance may not be indicative of future results but it's the best indicator we have.  Many child abductor's re-abduct or go into hiding when things start to go bad in the country they've abducted to.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end.  Italian courts can no longer ignore that the mother and her family are putting the child in danger.  US officials need to press Italy to make sure finding Liam is a top law enforcement priority.  

I'm sure even now the State Dept. is "raising this issue at the highest levels" of the Italian govt. :rolleyes:
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »
Quote from: Caldwell;49421
......someone please explain WHY the Italian Court mentioned above did not give custody to the father sitting right in front of them,.....

Because Courts the world over treat every man in a divorce/custody matter as the direct descendant of Devil while treating every woman as the second coming of Mother Teresa. Unless Judiciary grows a spine, we will keep hearing these atrocities being pushed down the throats of men and children.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »
Quote from: ananddad;49427
Because Courts the world over treat every man in a divorce/custody matter as the direct descendant of Devil while treating every woman as the second coming of Mother Teresa. Unless Judiciary grows a spine, we will keep hearing these atrocities being pushed down the throats of men and children.

That and the fact that some Italian politicians and judges are as anti-American as some Brazilians............

And the fact that Liam really does need some form of transition period w/ Mike. The mother has totally turned Liam against Mike and the last few meetings were brutal for Mike w/ Liam calling him names and such.........

Parental alienation at it's worse best describes it...............
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »
Quote from: jl2saint;49430
That and the fact that some Italian politicians and judges are as anti-American as some Brazilians............

And the fact that Liam really does need some form of transition period w/ Mike. The mother has totally turned Liam against Mike and the last few meetings were brutal for Mike w/ Liam calling him names and such.........

Parental alienation at it's worse best describes it...............

The mother and her parents should be prosecuted for child abuse in addition to kidnapping, although I doubt that will ever happen. I just hope Mike gets Liam back and he's safe after this horrible ordeal. The lesson here is never underestimate an abductor's ability to continue to abuse their child and put him in harm's way out of their own selfish interests. JPLS and Silvana have also learned well, as others have mentioned this is no surprise, this is what abductors do, they put the best interests of the child last.

Offline vipermann1

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »

Agreed!!!!!

Thanks,
UZY

Offline vipermann1

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 12:19:44 PM »
I am so outraged and disgusted by this event. My prayers go out to Michael and his son.
Hang in there Mike....you have our support!!!

Thanks,
UZY

Offline Caldwell

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 02:01:13 PM »

But an orphanage?!? This is truly outrageous, and abusive on the part of the COURT.  If Mike could provide for a plan of transition and the Italian system ruled her incompetent, they still opt for an ORPHANAGE over the Dad?!
Pass HR 3240
Please visit links to HR 3240.  We need this bill passed now for the 2,800 other abducted American Children!

Offline tenorplus

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »
This is really tragic - it is time that the SOS and Pres Obama get directly, actively and forceably involved. This should NEVER have happened. One has to wonder where intelligence has gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll keep Michael in our thoughts and prayers... anything we can do???

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:04:20 AM »
Quote from: Caldwell;49451

But an orphanage?!? This is truly outrageous, and abusive on the part of the COURT. If Mike could provide for a plan of transition and the Italian system ruled her incompetent, they still opt for an ORPHANAGE over the Dad?!

Actually, I kind of agree w/ them..............I didn't agree w/ putting him in an orphanage the 1st time, but right now it would be best short term solution......

If they just gave him to Mike now after all of the brainwashing, it would be really difficult......

A short term transition where eventually Liam would probably say "Hey dad, can you get me out of here" would be better. Liam has a bunch of anger towards Mike right now and has actually been rewarded by the idiots for saying mean things to him.........:madgo:

Peter

JL

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »
Here's a news link from this morning

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;49478

Actually, I kind of agree w/ them..............I didn't agree w/ putting him in an orphanage the 1st time, but right now it would be best short term solution......

If they just gave him to Mike now after all of the brainwashing, it would be really difficult......

A short term transition where eventually Liam would probably say "Hey dad, can you get me out of here" would be better. Liam has a bunch of anger towards Mike right now and has actually been rewarded by the idiots for saying mean things to him.........:madgo:

It makes me very sad to read that.  Liam is at an age where children are particularly susceptible to parental alienation -- especially when everyone that surrounds him joins in to plant the seeds of hate in his young and innocent mind.  If a transition needs to be done it needs to be done in the US.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi