Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael McCarty's son, Liam, has been reabducted!  (Read 34321 times)

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Michael McCarty's son, Liam, has been reabducted!
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
Quote from: Bree;49819
I was watching some news show and they had Amanda's friend on from Washington. She was stating that she visited with Amanda and that she gets along well with the guards, has made friends with other cell mates including another American that is in jail in Italy.

I hope that Amanda's appeal will be reviewed fairly and a new trial will be granted. BUT, I doubt it. She got a raw deal, IMO. Judy Bachrach from Vanity Fair was on one of the shows (she has lived in Italy for 4 years) and said it would surprise her if the appeal was granted. I lived in Italy for 3 years and nothing surprises me. (I love it there though.)
To be thrown in jail (which has never happened to me :) would be scary enough, but to be in another country?  Holy cow, I can't even begin to know what this poor girl is going through.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »
Quote from: gail;49820
I saw that. So it is as bad as she said? I would be scared to death. Our Government had better do something about this one and fast.

IMHO, yes, it is just like she said. I can't comprehend how the prosecutor was allowed to be a part of this. He's already in legal trouble on another case. The fact that they didn't allow any of the defense witnesses/experts to testify, is the only hope, IMO, that Amanda has for an appeal. The weapon (knife) that the prosecution provided didn't even fit the wounds on the victim. The hardest part that Amanda has to overcome is the fact that she told multiple stories...so, which is the truth? :nixweiss:

Our Government needs to intervene in this case and all of the abductions too. They have so much more to worry about than some of the things they are actively working on. Our CHILDREN need to come FIRST!

I was just thinking about David and how he had yet another Thanksgiving without Sean. I read that he said they had an empty place setting at the table for Sean. It just breaks my heart. I was in tears reading his testimony. I just don't know how he does it!
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 10:19:12 PM »
Good Morning America at 8am tomorrow 12.7.09 - Update on Liam McCarty

To members of Save Liam McCarty (Formerly SaveLiam.org)

Lisa VallinsDecember 6 at 8:37pm Reply
Please watch ABC's Good Morning America -Ch. 4 tomorrow 12.7.09 at 8am They will interview Liam's Father, Michael McCarty, about his search to find his now re-kidnapped son.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »
I'm video embedding challenged...

Under GMA Recent reports (check that Monday is highlighted) and then click the arrow over the page 2 and you'll find the video of Liam. Unlike on other websites, I could not find a direct link to the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: UD_student;49844
I'm video embedding challenged...

Under GMA Recent reports (check that Monday is highlighted) and then click the arrow over the page 2 and you'll find the video of Liam. Unlike on other websites, I could not find a direct link to the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerindex?id=9267671

But I don't see anything new in this report after what Fox News reported last week. Did I miss something?

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »
Quote from: LukieD;49848
Here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerindex?id=9267671

But I don't see anything new in this report after what Fox News reported last week. Did I miss something?

Thanks for adding that link, in addition to video embedding challenged I apparently also am challenged at finding specific links...

I didn't recall hearing anything new in the report either. However, I've had alot going on with school the last week, so I thought I was just out of it as I was unable to recognize anything new.

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 02:21:23 PM »
good update from Fox News with live interview with Michael McCarty:

http://video.foxnews.com/12300432/beside-myself

Also, it was nice of Fox to run a trailer saying "For the Latest on Liam McCarty, visit www.saveliam.org." We should be asking the media to do the same with BringSeanHome.org whenever they update the Goldman case.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
Quote from: LukieD;49855
good update from Fox News with live interview with Michael McCarty:

http://video.foxnews.com/12300432/beside-myself

Also, it was nice of Fox to run a trailer saying "For the Latest on Liam McCarty, visit www.saveliam.org." We should be asking the media to do the same with BringSeanHome.org whenever they update the Goldman case.

Thanks LukieD!  That was a good interview with Michael. He looks so stressed; you can see how tired he is. Bless his heart - I hope they find Liam soon. I'm shocked that the Carabinieri (Italian National Police) has not been able to locate her...or at least "persuade" the reporter(s) to provide information on Manuela's whereabouts.

Another thing, if she is wanted by the FBI and Interpol, why could they not make arrangements to pick her up when she was leaving the courthouse?

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »
Quote from: Bree;49870
Thanks LukieD! That was a good interview with Michael. He looks so stressed; you can see how tired he is. Bless his heart - I hope they find Liam soon. I'm shocked that the Carabinieri (Italian National Police) has not been able to locate her...or at least "persuade" the reporter(s) to provide information on Manuela's whereabouts.

Another thing, if she is wanted by the FBI and Interpol, why could they not make arrangements to pick her up when she was leaving the courthouse?

Because Italy will not extradite her. The only hope of catching her is if she decides to leave Italy. At least I assume that to be the case.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »
Quote from: LukieD;49871
Because Italy will not extradite her. The only hope of catching her is if she decides to leave Italy. At least I assume that to be the case.

Thanks!  I'm not surprised to read this.  I hope he finds Liam soon.  That little boy has been through WAY TOO MUCH for such a young age...just like Sean.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 01:21:10 AM »
Quote from: LukieD;49871

Either that or the USDOJ has not filed for her extradition.  Requesting extradition is a separate step from filing criminal warrants.  I would not be surprised to learn that Italy was never asked to extradite the mother.  I have yet to read of a case where they have requested extradition of one.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 01:42:08 AM »
Quote from: carlos;49916
Either that or the USDOJ has not filed for her extradition. Requesting extradition is a separate step from filing criminal warrants. I would not be surprised to learn that Italy was never asked to extradite the mother. I have yet to read of a case where they have requested extradition of one.

Oh Carlos...this makes my head hurt!  The more I hear about what our Government doesn't do, makes me want to scream!  I guess a better question for the Government would be "what do you do?"  :madgo:

His ex-wife should be extradited back to the US to face the kidnapping charges.  I pray that Liam is found soon ... it is really taking a toll on Michael.  That's obvious in the Fox video.

Any news on Sage, Carlos?  He's such a cutie and it would be a Christmas blessing if his mother would find her heart and do what is right and bring your son home.  I pray that he is with you soon!

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »
Many people, including parents of abducted children, think that just because the US has issued an Interpol "Red Notice" for a child abductor that they have requested the abductor's arrest and extradition.  They have not (and more than likely will not)

From the US State Dept's Foreign Affairs Manual on "The Consular Role in International Extradition"

Quote from: US Foreign Affairs Manual

INTERPOL (The International Police Organization), of which the United States is a member, plays a major role in locating fugitives. INTERPOL issues “red notices”, which are in effect international all point’s bulletins. Some countries also view red notices as international arrest warrants and, in effect, international requests for provisional arrest. The United States does not provisionally arrest a person simply because of a red notice.

Occasionally, post may be contacted by officers in the host country, who are prepared to arrest a person based on an Interpol Red Notice. (See 7 FAM 1613.2). Post should immediately inform L/LEI; it is not the policy of the United States to use Red Notices as a substitute for a request for extradition or provisional arrest
― Rumi

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
I stand corrected..  I did find one case from The Google where the extradition of an abducting mother was requested:

Heredia Fugitive Confounds US with Many Appeals

Some interesting tidbits from the article:

Quote from: article

The custody battle was being handled in a Texas court. The court after several hearings awarded both Ms. Tomayko and Cyprian joint custody. When she fled Texas she left a false trail that led investigators to Canada. Officials think that she had professional help to escape.

An official at the U.S. Embassy here was told in May 2002 where Ms. Tomayko was living but no action took place. The official asked A.M. Costa Rica not to publish the information for a time, and the newspaper complied for a year. The current consul general at the embassy, David R. Dreher, has blamed the FBI for not following up, a claim that FBI agents in Texas deny.

This newspaper also said in the editorial that it appears that U.S. Embassy personnel obstructed justice and kept U.S. law enforcement officials from finding out where the fugitive was living in Costa Rica for at least five years. There has been no explanation from the embassy on why workers there could not initiate the capture of the women years ago.

It would seem that even if the USDoJ does request extradition that the US Embassy (read State Dept.) will conceal the location of the children from them as well (concealing the location from the LBP is already standard practice and listed in their Foreign Affairs Manual as the appropriate course of action).
― Rumi

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »
Tomayko wasn't on the Most Wanted list like the article says, by the way. She was wanted for international parental kidnapping, which is an FBI warrant. There is a section on the FBI site for parental kidnapping cases to be listed. It's not all of them that have been charged, but a certain few. Some people take this to mean that those people are Most Wanted. The Most Wanted Fugitives have posters in blue, while others wanted by the FBI have posters in red, but apparently people can't tell the difference.