Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Justice Denied - Again (former title "30 more Minutes")  (Read 62419 times)

Offline Herb Wife

• Veteran Member
    • http://www.herbwife.com
Re: 30 more minutes!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
Quote from: M.Capestro;51241
This is a copy of the O GLOBO report I posted to the news thread...

O GLOBO reports...
http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/mat/2009/12/17/ministro-do-stf-ja-tomou-decisao-quanto-habeas-corpus-pedido-por-familia-de-sean-mas-ela-so-sera-divulgada-em-cerca-de-40-minutos-915254979.asp

Minister of the STF has already taken decision on the habeas corpus application by the family of Sean, but it will only be released in about 40 minutes

Call | Posted on 17/12/2009 to 15h32m

RIO - Minister Marco Aurelio de Mello, the Supreme Court (STF) has made its decision on the habeas corpus application by the Brazilian family of Sean Goldman, fighting in court to keep him in Brazil. According to a spokesperson of the Supreme Court, that decision will be announced in about 40 minutes.

On Wednesday, the Federal Court determined that the boy, aged 9, is returned to his father, who is American, in 48 hours. David Goldman, who was removed from son in June 2004 when his mother - the Brazilian Bruna Bianchi, who died last year, during the birth of her second daughter - brought to Brazil on vacation and decided not to return .

David Goldman is already in Brazil to check the child.

ok...so how long from now is that? not a military time kinda gal l:conf:

(what time was it posted)?

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »
Yes, I was looking at the TV globo website instead of the "newspaper" site. Keep refreshing that page folks!

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »
Quote from: Ian;51245
According to www.oglobo.com.br a spokesperson for the STF says the decision has been taken and should be anounced shortly, while www.g1.com affirms that we will only know tomorrow. I am very confident that Mr. Marco Aurélio has taken the right decision. We all know he had time to read throug the acórdão ( decision) so i do not expect surprises. BTW David is in Copacabana right now

Why did you post this Ian?

Just wondering?
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »
Come on, I have work to do!!!!!
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Ian

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »
what´s the problem?? if you don´t know, copacaban is the neighborhood not the beach and i posted if for those who cannot read portuguese, to let them know he is in rio

Offline zipbags

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
Does anyone think that Rep.Smith coming is a good sign?  I know he has travelled with him before.  But, do you think Smith's office might have gotten some communication from Brazilian officials saying this is it?

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 01:37:27 PM »
Liesl, please text me as soon as the decision comes,  I have to go get some lunch, I am starving here waiting for this.

Offline Herb Wife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 01:37:39 PM »
Quote from: liesl78;51252
Come on, I have work to do!!!!!

I know right!

Also lets not let the tension turn us away from the fact that we are ALL here for the same reason...to help bring Sean (and all the other children) home! We each have invested our hearts and time and money into this...lets stay together as a team. Please call email and write..and be good to eachother :)

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
Quote from: jl2saint;51230
My guess he thinks he "shopped" for the right guy...and that it's on the HC AND whether to suspend the return until after the appeal.....

But as you know, I'm an indian and not a chief and Brazilian legal 101 is not my strong suit.............

But I'm almost an expert in douchbags.....my guess.....they
ll give Silvana her HC just before the doors of the courthouse close, leaving David NO TIME to file to the president of the Supreme Court once again(oh what's his name the one that already denied the HC). Over the weekend they'll replan their stragety........hic Merlot>>.:rolleyes:

Offline tenorplus

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
This waiting is one of the hardest things to do... and concerned for David and Sean amidst all this legal nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold on for the ride ~

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;51262
But I'm almost an expert in douchbags.....my guess.....they
ll give Silvana her HC just before the doors of the courthouse close, leaving David NO TIME to file to the president of the Supreme Court once again(oh what's his name the one that already denied the HC). Over the weekend they'll replan their stragety........hic Merlot>>.:rolleyes:

Can't David file an HC to take immediate custody?

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »
Quote from: Ian;51253
what´s the problem?? if you don´t know, copacaban is the neighborhood not the beach and i posted if for those who cannot read portuguese, to let them know he is in rio

Gotcha...just wondered why you put it in there.....

We all knew Dave was in Rio, but I thought you were narrowing down where he was for some reason. I actually hope he's at the courts awaiting the result w/ Chris Smith.....

Excuse my jumpiness and paranoria...........
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline dsturnerjr

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »
Just think that this feeling we all have in our stomachs right now....David has had it multiplied by a million for 5 years...

Offline heather

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
Quote from: tenorplus;51265
This waiting is one of the hardest things to do... and concerned for David and Sean amidst all this legal nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold on for the ride ~
I have never been a big fan of roller coaster rides and this has been one dosey of a roller coster ride!  My anxiety level is through the roof.  I had to take a break from work and go over to the church on campus to say a prayer and calm my nerves.  I can only imagine how David is feeling sigh.

Offline Herb Wife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
Quote from: dsturnerjr;51269
Just think that this feeling we all have in our stomachs right now....David has had it multiplied by a million for 5 years...

:yeahthat: happy thoughts happy thoughts happy thoughts !!