Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Media coverage Saturday December 19  (Read 21775 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tweinstein

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1681
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2009, 11:22:24 AM »
Quote from: carlos;53392
As the winning party (and the petitioner) David can sue in Brazillian courts under the Hague Convention for the recovery of his legal fees and costs related to the Hague Convention case. If he does that then perhaps his grandchildren will see the money as that case works it's way through the Brazillian courts ;)
 
Because international kidnapping is also a crime in the US I'd like to think he can also sue in US courts for damages and suffering caused as a direct result of that crime though i'm not sure if his ability to recover damages under the HC in Brazil in any way limits his ability to do so in US courts. I'd like to think not but i'm not entirely sure.
I'm wondering if the settlement that David already made with the grandparents would prevent him from going after them in the United States.

Offline tweinstein

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1681
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2009, 11:25:46 AM »
Quote from: BrazilianForJustice;53400
Bringing home the remaining children is going to be expensive. Any avenue for the LBPs to recover monies used in their fight is as important as the next. It is important that David Goldman is successful in recovering funds, so the other parents know that it is possible.
Many of the newer LBPs are using the AGU as their primary attorney and are not accruing debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars as David has. This does not mean however that we haven't accumulated any debt. Read this article.
 
http://bringseanhome.org/wordpress/?page_id=64

Offline SageDad

  • Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2738
    • HagueAbductions.com
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;53461
I'm wondering if the settlement that David already made with the grandparents would prevent him from going after them in the United States.


Second Abduction/Illegal Retention == new liability :)
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline BrazilianForJustice

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1158
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;53461
I'm wondering if the settlement that David already made with the grandparents would prevent him from going after them in the United States.
I guess that was the only way he had, at the time, to continue fighting, i.e. to drop the parents. Since then, the parents have done tremendous damage to that child. It is only just that they answer for that.

Offline BrazilianForJustice

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1158
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;53464
Many of the newer LBPs are using the AGU as their primary attorney and are not accruing debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars as David has. This does not mean however that we haven't accumulated any debt. Read this article.
 
http://bringseanhome.org/wordpress/?page_id=64
Thank you for the link. BTW, you refer to newer LBPs. Would these be LBPs joining the cause with outstanding cases, or brand new kidnappings?

I wonder how effective this cause has been in slowing, or halting, new kidnappings...

Offline tweinstein

  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1681
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »
Quote from: BrazilianForJustice;53472
Thank you for the link. BTW, you refer to newer LBPs. Would these be LBPs joining the cause with outstanding cases, or brand new kidnappings?

I wonder how effective this cause has been in slowing, or halting, new kidnappings...
I say newer as in those with cases that are less than 5 years old.

Offline BrazilianForJustice

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1158
Re: Pay Per View
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2009, 06:56:27 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;54442
I say newer as in those with cases that are less than 5 years old.

Do you realize that since BSH got rolling, Brazilians virtually stopped kidnapping children? What are they afraid of? :D