Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: STF President decision expected 12/21: 5pm UPDATE DECISION NOW EXPECTED TUESDAY  (Read 131584 times)

Offline BrazilianForJustice

• Veteran Member
Re: STF President decision expected 12/21: 5pm UPDATE DECISION NOW EXPECTED TUES
« Reply #1320 on: December 22, 2009, 03:18:07 AM »
Hooray. And for those not familiar with the blogger, here it is:

http://riogringa.typepad.com

http://brazil.foreignpolicyblogs.com

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
Re: STF President decision expected 12/21: 5pm UPDATE DECISION NOW EXPECTED TUES
« Reply #1321 on: December 22, 2009, 03:22:01 AM »
Quote from: BrazilianForJustice;54733
Totally agree. People are free to roam the sources and make up their minds. That's why an increasing number end up visiting Rio Gringa's blogs and BSH.org after first reading the articles and watching the news.

On our part, I guess that we should still try to keep them honest and advance the discussion, but resist the urge to 'police' the news sources. Because people have choices and they know better. And if some organizations do a somewhat lousy job, they do it at their own peril.

Overall, however, my humble view is that this cause has been very well served by news organizations overall and we should be proud of the many people in the media that contributed to the truth and clarity coming out in the end, as it relates to the issues dealing with this great challenge of globalization: the international parental abduction of defenseless children.

Agreed.  Not only that, but kudos for all the members here who have demanded that they keep on the story.  None of it would have happened - the blackout of the Sean "inteview" on CBS, the continued coverage by Dateline.. all of it - without everybody here keeping the pressure on.  That's why I'm confident that this effort will go on far beyond the point when Sean comes home and on to working towards creating a greater awareness of the issue as a whole and getting justice done for the other 2,799 or so kids that are out there.
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Roberta Palermo

• http://www.robertapalermo.com.br
Re: I JUST READ MONDAY 21!
« Reply #1322 on: December 22, 2009, 03:41:44 AM »
No, I don't. And I don't think they are able to publish texts about Sean....I am a writer and I never stop writing...

Roberta Palermo

Quote from: AnotherDad;54716
You work for O Globo????

Offline cm

« Reply #1323 on: December 22, 2009, 04:47:35 AM »
Quote from: Chuckles;54736
Agreed.  Not only that, but kudos for all the members here who have demanded that they keep on the story.  None of it would have happened - the blackout of the Sean "inteview" on CBS, the continued coverage by Dateline.. all of it - without everybody here keeping the pressure on.  That's why I'm confident that this effort will go on far beyond the point when Sean comes home and on to working towards creating a greater awareness of the issue as a whole and getting justice done for the other 2,799 or so kids that are out there.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "  ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline Leah

« Reply #1324 on: December 22, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »
Quote from: Bob D'Amico;54732
I don't care who is or is not doing a good job reporting this on TV, not even if it was featured on Insider, Extra or TMZ. We're reaching tens of of millions of Americans that's all that matters.

Of course I agree with the universal opinion that the CBS/Harry Smith episode was an abomination and AP's "reporters" must have gotten their  degrees from Buzzard's Breath Junior College of Jornailism (sic) and Hog Husbandry.

IMHO one of the best "print reporters" on this case has and continues to be Rio Gringa!

Absolutely! RioGringa's articles, posts and rebuttals to all of the misinformed hypocritical slime being written are absolutely stellar! I predict a long and successful journalistic (or any other) career for her!
“Patience is the key to joy.”
~Rumi

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1325 on: December 22, 2009, 06:33:13 AM »
Quote from: Bob D'Amico;54732
I don't care who is or is not doing a good job reporting this on TV, not even if it was featured on Insider, Extra or TMZ. We're reaching tens of of millions of Americans that's all that matters.

Of course I agree with the universal opinion that the CBS/Harry Smith episode was an abomination and AP's "reporters" must have gotten their degrees from Buzzard's Breath Junior College of Jornailism (sic) and Hog Husbandry.

IMHO one of the best "print reporters" on this case has and continues to be Rio Gringa!
:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Of course the Asbury Park Press is always good also.............
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #1326 on: December 22, 2009, 06:44:33 AM »
A new thread has been started for TODAY's news and developments.
See STF DECISION EXPECTED TODAY 12/22.

And let's keep this new thread specific to the case. All chats, venting, and group therapy sessions should be posted in the COMMUNITY CHATTER / GROUP THERAPY thread. (My 1 and 2 year old boys thank you in advance).

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1327 on: December 22, 2009, 06:53:21 AM »
Bradley Brooks of the AP has done several good reports about the case including one with quotes from legal experts in both the US and Brazil. Just giving him his due credit.

Offline Leah

« Reply #1328 on: December 22, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »
Christine says in DECISION EXPECTED... thread that David's lawyers have been called to the court. Decision any minute perhaps?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:39:21 AM by ChristineS »
“Patience is the key to joy.”
~Rumi

Offline Tunevsk

Re: STF President expected to make decision Monday Dec 21
« Reply #1329 on: December 22, 2009, 08:29:28 AM »

Offline lisacallenwood

« Reply #1330 on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
Tunevsk, Can we get you over on the thread of decision-related items??

THANK YOU for being here with us (again)!!

Offline Tunevsk

« Reply #1331 on: December 22, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »
Quote from: lisacallenwood;55007
Tunevsk, Can we get you over on the thread of decision-related items??

THANK YOU for being here with us (again)!!

Ok.

What thread is that exactly?

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #1332 on: December 22, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
Quote from: Tunevsk;55024
Ok.

What thread is that exactly?

Today's ruling related discussions are in the following thread:
http://bringseanhome.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2361

I'm going to lock this thread now.