Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Media Coverage Thursday Dec 24  (Read 61435 times)

Offline shaine

Re: Media Coverage Thursday Dec 24
« Reply #465 on: December 26, 2009, 02:37:37 PM »
Quote from: BrazilianForJustice;60797
This article attacks Sean personally!!!

Shame on them! He's a 9 yr old boy!
Where exactly in the artivle did they attack him though?

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #466 on: December 26, 2009, 02:46:53 PM »
Quote from: LukieD;60740
well said, by Saint Paul in his letter to the Corinthians:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

That summarizes perfectly David's love for Sean. Thank you Renaldo Azevedo.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

It does indeed summarize David's love for Sean.  I have a throw blanket with this scripture on it.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #467 on: December 27, 2009, 12:20:34 PM »
Quote from: Jeanne M Hannah;60616
Lexi, did you see my post CBS vs NBC and the New York Times on the Goldman case? I will never watch CBS news coverage again. Whatever credibility this news agency might have had has been destroyed by its biased coverage and inept handling of this case. Jeanne Hannah

It's a good article Jeanne and "wrong-headed" about sums up CBS coverage of this case. I just don't get the impression they are tapped into public sentiment the way the other networks are even generally, which is presumably why they seem to consistently trail them in the ratings. And the possibility that their coverage has been slanted because of the family's insider connections is pretty disturbing to say the least.

About mediabistro's criticism of NBC, I think overall it's good to have oversight of journalistic ethics and possible conflicts, but since many other media outlets have had repeated access to David even recently, I don't think mediabistro has much of a point.

Offline noah3698

« Reply #468 on: December 27, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
Did any one here read Eduardo's blog (Brasil com Z) yesterday? I read it via google translator and it is very nice. He praises bringseanhome.org and all their efforts (translating the rulings and such)...

http://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/brasilcomz/posts/2009/12/26/jogo-invertido-no-caso-goldman-mas-procura-se-respeito-252924.asp
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:34:58 PM by noah3698 »

Offline noah3698

« Reply #469 on: December 27, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
Quote from: BrazilianForJustice;60797
This article attacks Sean personally!!!

Where?  I read it and I didn't see any attack on Sean....

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #470 on: December 27, 2009, 01:35:14 PM »
That was no attack on Sean people. Gilberto da Silva, a la Reinaldo Azevedo, is analizing the fact that all the people involved in this story are white and rich, whereas if it were some poor dark kid from the favelas (where there are many human dramas) nobody would give a damn. Gilberto is criticizing the high drama the family created.