Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Letters of Thanks from the Goldman Family  (Read 36057 times)

Offline dimpledoll

Re: Letters of Thanks from the Goldman Family
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2009, 06:54:01 PM »
I am just so unbelievably proud of David. He has been through the fight of his life, the longest five years anyone could imagine,and won. He is one man, that fought against an army, and won. What those people did was vicious, conniving and hurtful to David AND Sean, but his undying love for Sean gave him strength, and he WON!  Everything that Sean and David had, they still have, and no one can take that away.This is truly an AWESOME Day! The Bring Sean Home Foundation are the most amazing group of feisty, driven,commited, and extremely SMART people,an absolute force to be reckoned with, that helped this miracle come true. I can't imagine a better way to start the New Year. Happy Holidays To EVERYONE!

Offline thewordtech

• http://www.smcfa.net
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 08:10:39 PM »
As the pundits theorized about Sean, David, the psychological implications, and on and on infinitum (and ad nauseum, in some cases), I switched off the television and thought about how a group of mostly strangers, people linked together by the injustice done to Sean, David, the entire Goldman family and many other families, came together across cultures and languages and supported what was so obviously right. What a day of joyful beginnings. I, for one, am grateful that I will no longer be hearing the outrageous comments from Tostes and the Brazilian abductors (I've never had it in me to call them Sean's family; surely the title should be, at least in part, earned?); that march through the streets of Rio said it all, didn't it? It was one final punch in the gut to David and, even worse, one final assault on Sean. Thank God they will not be in a position to abuse him any longer.

If the Goldmans read this someday when things settle down, let me add my voice to the rest in praising your steadfast focus on Sean's well-being, your absolute refusal to stoop to the level of his abductors, despite five plus years of attempts to goad you into it. I admire you all so much for how you have handled this whole nightmare, and if there is a special corner of heaven for people of gentleness and good faith where a child's happiness is concerned, it's yours. For now, I am certain that Sean will adjust far, far more rapidly than many think; he must feel tremendous relief to be out of the toxic, anger-fueled atmosphere he was in, where attempts were constantly being made to force him to renounce the father he so obviously loves.

I am rejoicing for you, today. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Laura

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 08:15:03 PM »
Dear Goldman family,

Thank you so much for letting us here at BSH be a part of your efforts to bring your beloved Sean home.  David you are an amazing example of a father and how far he will go for his son.  Your love and bond is remarkable and will endure the hardships of the years apart.  Your healing has begun.
Together may you have:
peace
love
joy
health

Offline rainman

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »
Many thanks to Dateline for bringing the story to my attention and I'm sure to many others here.  Now, I hope the Goldmans can begin the process of healing and our efforts can be moved to other families in need.

Offline Celita

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 10:15:29 PM »
We were so ansious for this happy end. Let's put love instead of hate. Let's be godly instead of evildoers. Let's bring peace to those that forgot what love is all about.
Merry Christmas Goldman family! Enjoy the pure love and thanks Jesus Christ for his grace !

Offline ks63

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »
Dear Goldman family,

A truly amasing day for all of you. Best wishes to David, Sean and everyone else in your family.

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 10:46:45 PM »
Quote from: dimpledoll;59907
I am just so unbelievably proud of David. He has been through the fight of his life, the longest five years anyone could imagine,and won. He is one man, that fought against an army, and won. What those people did was vicious, conniving and hurtful to David AND Sean, but his undying love for Sean gave him strength, and he WON! Everything that Sean and David had, they still have, and no one can take that away.This is truly an AWESOME Day! The Bring Sean Home Foundation are the most amazing group of feisty, driven,commited, and extremely SMART people,an absolute force to be reckoned with, that helped this miracle come true. I can't imagine a better way to start the New Year. Happy Holidays To EVERYONE!
:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Enjoy the times ahead Dimp..............
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »
OhGod! You would think I would be all out of tears by now! lol. I am so happy for you Goldman family! And I will continue to support BSH to return the rest of the kidnapped children. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2009, 12:13:07 AM »
:yeahthat:  Pretty much exactly what Teena said, to a "T" as it were.
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline grela

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2009, 01:45:34 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS Goldman Family!

Offline jl2saint

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2009, 02:50:56 AM »
I just want to say something to the Goldman family and especially Dave........

I know this HAS to be the greatest holiday gift you could have gotten......And we are all so happy for you and the whole family...........

At the same time, I'm sure others on here will tell you that because of your strength, perserverence, love, and determination you have made this the best holiday season ever for SOOOOOO many others...........I know that personally this is the best Christmas eve I have ever had............And it's because of you..............

Also, so many other LBP's now have renewed hope that soon they will be reunited w/ their children too..........

So THANK YOU......and Happy holidays...........

Now go give that little boy another hug.................:)
Lastly - David, there are many prayers across the world going out for you and Sean. When I got my son home - regardless of all the attempts of parental alienation that were forced on him - he said "Father, I always knew you loved me." I am certain Sean feels the same way.

Peter

JL

Offline peterspapa

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2009, 03:23:34 AM »
Hi David, Sean,

I am so happy for you.  It is a great day for all children and hopefully only a start in a continued push to end Child Abduction.  There is no more Berlin Wall, Women can vote in most countries and Aparthide is finished!!

We can make a difference when we all say something as simple a child abduction must end.  

My son was abducted to France in 2001, against SF court orders.  The judge was holding Peter's American and French passports, but the French government issued his mother a second passport and welcomed her home.  Issued her a full custody and child support of 625.00 euros/mo....all the while telling the US State Dept and me that she was a fugitive and they were looking for Peter.....I guess they forgot to look in the court houses and attorney's offices in Paris :-)

Long story short,  8yrs later and Peter and I still can't see each other and I have been living less than 20 miles from him in Grenoble France, the whole time.  Last time we met was April 2005, no not on April 1st, but it would have been appropriate for me.

Now I will be inprisioned for refusing to pay the back child support of $50,000.00 she was awarded from when she was in hiding and blocking the court proccdedured.  In 2006 the child support was finely adjusted to my actual income since quiting my work in SF.  ...Let's just say I make a little less now as a part time English Teacher in France :-) ....  So my monthly payments count toward the debt....and I have been convicted 3 times of "Abandoment of the Family" rather ironic and now I will start serving 18 months.....

No senators or TV reporters yet...so away I go....

When will we all say together that Child abduction can not be supported.  

Full Stop.

Send the attorneys home.

Send the children home.

Cherish your victory.

Don't forget the rest of us.

Merry Christmas and a New Year full of Love and Joy,

Craig Alciati

Peter-Spencer Alciati's father.

Offline CGU-68

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Add me to the chorus of people crying.....

It's Christmas morning and my house if full of family members. My six year old twins just finished opening up gifts from Santa and the rest of the family has retreated for coffee and the traditional sticky buns.....

....and what I am doing?

Checking on the computer for news of the Goldman family--a family that does not know me from Adam but whose plight I have followed closely for almost a year. So many things touched me about your story--from David's dedication, to his nearly impossible odds, to his grace and spirit to thoughts of Sean.....whose arrival at this country mirrors my own as I moved here to the US as a ten year old. So many thoughts about this but mainly that I am excited for Sean to discover his father AND this incredibly country he will come to call home.

I am so proud of all of you. From another home in NJ, full of strangers you have never met, I want to send you an incredibly heartfelt congratulations. Something magical has happened indeed, but I don't think it's just the reunion. I think David's quiet dignity in his relentless pursuit of his son has made a giant sound wave across the world and has made people like me THINK closely about other custody cases. For anyone reading this who is still in pursuit of their children, have hope. Things are "a-changing"....

Best wishes,

C and the gang!

Offline m1987

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2009, 08:53:54 AM »
Dear Goldman Family,

I wrote a note yesterday, but my nephew said something this morning, Christmas morning, and I wanted to share it with you.  My nephew is 8 1/2 years old and an only child, so, needless to say, I often worry because he is quite spoilt when it comes to material goods.  He has such a huge heart though, so I think it's balanced.  He tore through all of his Christmas presents and is always thoughtful and grateful.  After he opened all of his gifts, he looked up and said, "I got everything I wanted for Christmas!"  Then he got very quiet and added, "And even that that little boy, I can't remember his name, but he's back with his daddy this Christmas!  My wish came true for him too!"

We all got very choked up when he said that, and I think that every single one of us had the most magnificent picture in our minds of what this morning must have looked like for all of you.

Kind regards,
m1987

Offline cm

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
To David, Sean and the Goldman Family,

As we sit around exchanging gifts this holiday we are saying a special prayer of thanks for the wonderful reunion of your family.

It is so spectacular to see David with Sean! It is even better yet to know that Sean is surrounded by people who will only be concerned with his best interest and shower him with an unconditional love.

You have many years of love to catch up on, and many more years of love to give. Squeeze him extra tight for us at BSH. We will continue to work toward the reunion of all left behind parents and their children.

God Bless you and your family.

The Smith Family
Fairfax, VA
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "  ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt