Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Letters of Thanks from the Goldman Family  (Read 36055 times)

Offline pedi

Re: Letters of Thanks from the Goldman Family
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2009, 12:59:58 PM »
wow, reading through all the posts in this thread makes me want to hugg the world.

It amazes me how this whole ordeal with such an incredible happy ending not only gives back a family their son, grandson, etc, but gives back to all and every single person who bothered to even just listen to this story. We all seem very touched and inspired and hopeful. Isn't that what Christmas is all about?

But I'm also thinking of the many other dads and moms that are still battling to get their kids back or at least to get shared custody. I hope for them that this happy end gives them hope and strength to keep fighting for their child (ren) to have both parents in their lives instead of just one.

I think what I'm trying to say is that if we do the right thing, care about the person standing next to us, incredible things can be made possible, mountains can be moved. It is about doing one more thing 'than we have' to touch and change other people lives. And it is so contagious.

Merry Christmas to all of you, it was a pleasure to be part of a truly 'mountain moving' experience.

Offline Susan Poll Nelson

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »
Walt Disney World at Christmas for David, Sean and their family to be reunited is magical.  There is no better place for them to spend the holidays as a family.  May the magic of the season be with you all at this most special time.  All of our prayers have been answered.

Offline travelgirl

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »
OMG!!! Between the "Hi Pop Pop, See you soon Grandma" and the new video of David kissing Sean on his head while he sleeps....I am a mess! It warms my heart to know David can finally kiss his son goodnight. Something many take for granted. What an inspiration David is. Thanks for the updates....I love them. Many prayers for a bright and loving future!!!

Offline Janet Countryman

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
To David, Sean and the entire Goldman family,

Very, very happy holidays to all of you. I have never smiled so big at the same time crying so hard! I am so happy for all of you. A true Christmas miracle!! Soak it all up, keep smiling, relax and enjoy the rest of your life with your family!

Offline Mary

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
Our prayers will continue to be with you.  We are so so happy for you.  Merry Christmas.  2010 will be better than ever!

Offline ElectricSpoon

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2009, 11:05:14 PM »
Not to cast a negative aspect, but you were asked? I posted those same letters directly from the AP in other posts. I sincerely don't think you were asked. Misrepresentation is a big no no.

Offline EdDeragon

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
Congrats David, glad everything worked out for you and your son. I am an American with a half Brazillian son. He is 1 1/2 now. Be happy and enjoy the rest of your life with Sean. I signed your petition last year. Glad to see it worked out and helped.

Offline KimmyRN

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Dear David and the Goldman Family,
I have been following this story for a year and helping from afar. I have never been so happy for a family in all my life. I am a nurse and have passed David's story on at work, so many joined and took interest. It is so warm knowing that so many came together to help. Many nurses are constantly asking if David will write a book? A book of his thoughts and experiences? My thoughts are with him and his son. We were so rejoiced with his victory . Thankyou for sharing your story and touching my heart so deeply. I will continue to follow the BSH foundation to help many others. David you did it!! David, congratulations from the bottom of my heart. We have all loved you, your family and especially Sean from afar. God Bless and enjoy your sweetie.
Love,
KimmyRN

Offline cathlabnurse

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »
Quote from: KimmyRN;61243
Dear David and the Goldman Family,
I have been following this story for a year and helping from afar. I have never been so happy for a family in all my life. I am a nurse and have passed David's story on at work, so many joined and took interest. It is so warm knowing that so many came together to help. Many nurses are constantly asking if David will write a book? A book of his thoughts and experiences? My thoughts are with him and his son. We were so rejoiced with his victory . Thankyou for sharing your story and touching my heart so deeply. I will continue to follow the BSH foundation to help many others. David you did it!! David, congratulations from the bottom of my heart. We have all loved you, your family and especially Sean from afar. God Bless and enjoy your sweetie.
Love,
KimmyRN

My family and I were involved too with this case especially when they see me so passionate about it by writing to the people that needs to be touch
and including you David and Sean in our daily prayers. My co- workers in the hospital noticed how involved i was because i always call their attention especially if there are some updates on the TODAY show.The day that Sean was surrendered to David the nurses in my unit was so happy of the outcome.
David and Sean you touch my life more than anything and made me appreciate that God winks into many miracles.
I wish you the best for the coming year, a peaceful NEW LIFE.

Offline Aria

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
You Goldmans are gold!
All of you are such special people and the country has grown to love, respect and admire David Goldman for the wonderful human being he is. He patience, his calm, his enduring love of his son has touched so many of us.

The pain and absolute insanity of dealing with that Brazilian family must have been a terrible nightmare. I am sickened by their inhumane actions.

I look forward to reading any book or movie that David is a part of and will happily contribute to help defray his costs of this fight.

Offline Herb Wife

• Veteran Member
    • http://www.herbwife.com
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2009, 06:37:21 PM »
~ your welcome!  :D ~

Offline jkforrest

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »
I just knew this would finally be the Christmas for the entire family to finally get what they always wanted "their family back"!!!!
Blessings to you all. For any of those that care to share their prayers, please pray I soon get to see my grandchildren I have not been allowed to see since Christmas of the same yr. Sean was taken away.
I wish only happiness, joy, health, and much healing in the New Year. I pray Sean adjusts without many troubles. I am sure it is hard to keep from squeezing him to pieces. lol
God Bless the entire family,
judy K.

Offline Irish17

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »
Dear Goldman Family,

I have been doing what I can to help bring Sean home since September 2008. It has been an experience that I will not forget and an honor beyond words. The ending could not have been better scripted either. The whole Goldman family has shown what true belief, what real family means and how far love extends. The Goldman family had many opportunities to bad mouth, to allow their anger and hurt to show in interviews, however they did not. They only allowed, they only showed their love, their deep concern and their true dedication to Sean and bringing him home.
On December 24th inside the US Consulate in Rio when Sean was finally turned over to David, his former mother -in-law asked if she can visit Sean. Again, David showed his maturity, his love for his son and what is really important in his answer to her; " I will not do to you, what you have done to me!!" He even gave her a hug so that Sean could see that there was not a problem.  
I am absolutely esatatic that Sean is home, that the Goldman family is complete again. I wish each one of them, especially David & Sean only the very best as they begin the long road of healing, reunion and living together permanently.

take care.

Offline Thellys

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »
Hello David and family.

I hereby speak on behalf of all brazilian citizens that were hoping you and your son would be together, and this day has finally come! Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience and trouble our government caused you through all these years. Our gov doesn't even help ourselves, it wouldn't be different with an American citizen. Preventing a child to live with their own father, is not rational at all.

Congratulations!! Happy New Year to you and your now complete family.

Regards,

Thellys - São Paulo - Brazil

PS: Forgive my English

Offline cabindweller

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2009, 04:40:46 AM »
Still following the story . . . still overwhelmed with joy . . . still praying for the Goldman Family and all involved!  What a Happy New Year!