Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Letters of Thanks from the Goldman Family  (Read 36114 times)

Offline Duffchick

Re: Letters of Thanks from the Goldman Family
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
To the Goldman Family - THANK YOU!!! You are all so wonderful and humbling. It was an honor to fight for Sean and your reunion. Let this Christmas Eve go down in history as the most rememberable full of love ever. We have all met so many wonderful and amazing people on this forum and at the rallies. I love you all and wish nothing but the best. Nothing but tears of joy from now on. God bless the Goldman Family and all lof you reading this. Happy Holidays to you all!

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 02:10:07 PM »
Sooo amazingly happy for you all!!!  Sean sounds like an such  wonderfull boy I spite of his ordeal!!
 I hope to meet you all one day and be able to give you hugs in person!!!  WHAT an AMAZING DAY!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline Genenut

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 02:15:42 PM »
To the Goldman family,

You are more than welcome. It has been an honor to have been there through the good and the bad this last year and to have helped in any small way. Thank you for being a shining example of what Americans and Parents can truly be. So often in the news we read about bad examples of both, you have been a refreshing change. Your courage, caring and integrity are inspiring. I and my family wish you the very happiest of holidays and hope the road to recovery for you all is short and easy.

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 02:16:27 PM »
MERRY CHRISSMITH EVERYONE   =)

Offline Fightness

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 02:23:58 PM »
Well Said.

Dude should run for President.

Offline DB4

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »
Quote from: Fightness;59678
Well Said.

Dude should run for President.

I can tell you this - I will support him in any campaign from this point on.  I am a big fan - he's a true leader/change agent!

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 02:32:38 PM »
Quote from: heatheram29;59670
MERRY CHRISSMITH EVERYONE =)

Funny!! That's a classic.

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »
Quote from: heatheram29;59670
MERRY CHRISSMITH EVERYONE =)
Gotta love that man! He's a miracleworker!
Maybe he's Santa?

Offline Lily

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »
Dear Goldman Family,
I am a mother, how could I not support your valiant effort to bring your son/grandson home?  Once I heard the story I only had to put myself in your shoes and my heart broke for you.  Your struggle is a testiment to your immense love for Sean, you never gave up, never stooped to the level of that of the abductors, and ALWAYS put Sean first.  It was an honor to support your fight.  I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and a peaceful (and private!) New Year!

Offline MomTo4xys

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »
Quote from: m1987;59656
Dear Goldman family,

We on the "outside" are so blessed by your strength, hope and courage.  I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must have been and be to have to share your highs and lows in public with strangers, but by doing this, you have changed me for the better.

Thank you so very, very much for the beautiful letters that were posted in this thread.  You certainly didn't have to do that, especially at a time when your hearts and minds must be racing with excitement.  It is yet another quality to admire.  

Lately, there is one thought that keeps crossing my mind, "We're not here just to love the people we know.  That's the easy part.  It's about loving and believing in people you've never met personally or will ever meet.  It's about loving and doing backflips when miracles happen to complete strangers."  I'd like to think that I was this kind of person before I heard about Mr. Goldman, his son Sean and your families, but I realise now I didn't have a clue about true love and heart.

Thank you so very, very much.  

Kind regards,

m1987

WOW!!  Impeccably stated.  You found the words I could not.  (I stayed up until nearly 5:00 AM this morning, waiting to hear "wheels up" .... ).

Since hearing David's story for the first time in January, I have prayed so many prayers.  I picked up the phone and called the White House, the Secretary of State, and even wrote an e-mail to the Brazilian President (all of which are firsts for me).  

In this world of so many fathers who are absent physically or emotionally, when you see a father like David Goldman, with such strength, perseverance, and determination to fight for his son ... I don't know how to NOT care about  them and do what you can do for a stranger.

God bless David & Sean.  Together at last!

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Quote from: Nicole's Dad;59693
Funny!! That's a classic.

Can't take credit. I 'borrowed' it from someone else.. but it's just so perfect. The next couple of days everyone I see is going to think I suddenly developed a lisp.. LOL

Offline faeryquene

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
Many blessings in this Season of hope and miracles David, Sean, Pop Pop, Grandma and all the Goldmans.

I wish for you all much joy, good health and a long full life together filled with laughter.

My cup runneth over. :bawling:
It's all jmo :lecture:
Margaret

Offline gratefulgee

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
Thanks to the Goldman family for showing all of us the power of enduring love.

Offline nina

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Goldman family,

I cannot imagine the happiness you are feeling now....specially when I think that in this xmas day I could not be happier!!!!

I am not related, not a friend, not American, not Brazilian, I don't have kids (yet!!!), and haven't ever been close to a LBP case...until I knew David and Sean.

It has been a pleasure getting to know your son's heart, strength, and integrity, and be part of this journey. He is a great man, Sean is a great kid and I believe it all comes from the education and values you raised him with.

Merry xmas and a happy life next to David & Sean

Offline Lloydene

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »
What a Christmas Blessing! :)  I was overcome with emotions when I heard the wheels were up. David,  I have been praying for you and your son for most of this year. I'm so thankful you have your son in your arms. Merry Christmas to all of your family. Grandma and Pop-Pop, that bond is still there. Wishing your family peace and Love and forgiveness twards the others in Brazil who love Sean,  Lloydene