Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thank you Bob D'Amico  (Read 2364 times)

Offline 4MyJellyBean

Thank you Bob D'Amico
« on: December 26, 2009, 11:10:26 PM »
"David has paid a small fortune out of his own pocket over the years and we can all be sure he will be getting a damn big bill from his lawyers in a week or two. This year he lost many, many days of work and . . ."

As evident by my limited number of posts - I am a member of very few public words.  However, I have been following this story since the very beginning..........

Thank you Bob for closing that thread related to the generous offer by NBC to fly David and Sean back to the States.

Except for those BSH members who are LBP's - most people have absolutely no idea of the costs associated in these parental abduction cases.

Our case was twenty two years ago - and my husband and I are still feeling the effects of having spent more than $125K to have a relationship with our Mallory.  (I am the stepmom - it was my husbands daughter who was taken 15 days before our wedding)

No one can put a price on a child and every time Mallory refers to her "family in New York" . . . we know our fight was worth everything we went thru all those years ago.

I am sure David's costs incurred throughout this ordeal are overhwelming.  There will no doubt be expenses still to be incurred in helping Sean adjust to this major change.  I was enraged that anyone would question the fact that NBC gave David and Sean a ride back....saving David just a few dollars compared to what he has and will spend in the best interest of his child.

Sean is home and it is time to continue the fight to reunite all the other families who have been torn apart as a result of the crime of parental abduction.

Thank you Bob for setting the record straight!

Offline Lianne

Re: Thank you Bob D'Amico
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:22:52 PM »
Quote from: 4MyJellyBean;61005
"David has paid a small fortune out of his own pocket over the years and we can all be sure he will be getting a damn big bill from his lawyers in a week or two. This year he lost many, many days of work and . . ."

Thank you Bob for setting the record straight!

Yes! He deserves all awards, congratulations, recognition. Bob and Mark show whats really means be friend, whats means solidarity, love, compassion.

May God bless them with health, love, success...

As far I know, NBC didn't pay (should be)nothing to David for exclusive interview. David still far away from became free of debits regarding this case.

Offline abbysomething

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:46:22 AM »
Yes Thank you so much Bob D'Amico.
David is lucky to have friends like you.

Offline whartn

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
Quote from: abbysomething;61038

I think you are a real friend.In the past I have contributed to BSH.I will continue.Is there a way to send a gift certificate like to Gap for Sean to get some winter cloths?I feel a lot of people would like to help.
Can funds from BSH be used?

Offline MomTo4xys

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 01:19:11 AM »
Thank God for NBC ... a private flight was a Godsend as compared to a commercial flight.  NBC is now my most favorite network for the compassion they showed to a man who has been to hell & back.  David deserved those 9 hours of privacy with his son in those tender first moments after they were reunited.

My husband and I will be contributing.  David's expenses to bring Sean home are enormous, and they don't stop just because the plane landed on US soil .... there is a long road ahead.

I am happy to help, and I hope that other members will consider doing so as well.  We have all followed this story and rallied on David's behalf because his humanity and utter devotion to his son was palpable.  I believe that every penny will be spent with a sense of good stewardship (if not needed by David, would be used to help other LBP's).  

If it was me, I would want to stay home as long as possible to catch up on everything I missed out on in 5 years.  If we all contributed what is small amounts to us individually, it would amount to something big in the lives of David & Sean.

:)

Offline Leah

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 06:09:46 AM »
Yes, he totally deserved that flight! All LBP's who have been dealing with non-compliant countries should get their return ticket paid for - by the country that did not return their child by proper judicial mandate! My husband and I have also contributed to the Goldman fund. Every LBP deserves to start over with their children without the burden of debt hanging over their heads!
“Patience is the key to joy.”
~Rumi

Offline Roberta Palermo

• http://www.robertapalermo.com.br
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 11:11:22 AM »
We should have a party with everybody together! What a pity we are so far away from each other. Maybe in july! I will be in California...Roberta Palermo

Offline ssutton

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
Thank you so much Bob D'Amico. Your dedication and timeless effort has been outstanding. What a wonderful friend David has in you. I know many nights I was up late I saw you on line and thought what dedication. Thanks again, and again, and again...

Tigger226

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
What a wonderful person you are!

Offline Jackie in Upstate NY

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »
Yes ! Thank you Bob! and if nobody has had the guts to say it yet ... your a real cutie in that there new picture of yours !!!! (gotta be able to have a good chuckle now and then) You are one great guy and a true gentleman !

Offline MomTo4xys

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 03:21:29 AM »
Quote from: abbysomething;61038

Amen to that!  Bob, thank you & God bless you for all that you have done.

Quote from: Roberta Palermo;61553
We should have a party with everybody together! What a pity we are so far away from each other. Maybe in july! I will be in California...Roberta Palermo

I'd love to!!  Where in CA?  We could have a mini fundraiser for BSH.  :)

Offline Roberta Palermo

• http://www.robertapalermo.com.br
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 11:23:23 AM »
I will be in Burbank. Do you live in CA? Who else? Roberta Palermo

Quote from: MomTo4xys;61937
Amen to that!  Bob, thank you & God bless you for all that you have done.

I'd love to!!  Where in CA?  We could have a mini fundraiser for BSH.  :)

Offline MomTo4xys

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 12:00:08 AM »
Quote from: Roberta Palermo;62014
I will be in Burbank. Do you live in CA? Who else? Roberta Palermo

I am in Central CA.  PM me.  

Anyone else in CA interested in gathering to collect donations for David & Sean?  Maybe something like a Welcome Home Shower (a la baby shower ...)  - we can send our donations to the address on the donations page.

Offline FC_Florida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »
Quote from: Roberta Palermo;61553

I like that idea! I'm somewhat in the middle, in Florida. Perhaps we could have a party caravan...
And we should get a nice bubbly for Bob D'Amico!:)
* FC_Florida *