Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fox News Story  (Read 8805 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Fox News Story
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:25:39 PM »

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Fox News Story
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
This is all so very sad.  

tweinstein, do you call daily to find out the status of your case?  What do you do?

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Fox News Story
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
I do not call daily as I know what the answer will be. I do have access to the electronic docket in Portuguese, but it never contains useful information. Let's try to keep our discussion in the correct thread. This is Mr. Pate's thread.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Fox News Story
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
Oh sorry. I'm having trouble keeping track as to whick thread I am in. Sorry..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:20:14 PM by gail »

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
Re: Fox News Story
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:21:44 PM »
I saw this story before. i am determined to get Sean home and after that I think a campaign should be started for the rest of these fathers!
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:43:20 PM »
I am Nicole's father and I agree. Let's not forget the other children that are down there.

elle

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
Hi Nicole's Dad,  Welcome to the forum! I have been following David and Sean story since I found out about it, that fateful Friday night on Dateline. As a mother, I'm heartbroken by what is becoming all to common. Parental Abductions. I had no idea that this has become so prevalent. I'm so sorry to hear about these Fathers missing out on the upbringing of their children. The children also missing out on the the day to day contact with their loving Dads. It is a sad situation for all involved. I think you have come to the right place. There are many people here, that see the injustice, and want to do all they can to help. I'm sure, because of all the attention that is being created, to bring David and Seans story into the spotlight, it will have an impact, on all the other cases that are now tied up in the Brazilian courts. Please share any news, updates, cares or concerns about your daughters case here, if you are comfortable with that. As other posters have mentioned to the other fathers, we will help get all the US children back from Brazil. I will hope and pray for Nicole's return.

Offline janelr

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »
Nicole's Dad -
I am so sorry to hear about your story.  As the mom of two young boys, I can't imagine what you and the other Dad's are going through.  It was encouraging to see the report on CNN that showed the outrageous number of cases like yours solely in Brazil.  Hopefully all of this attention will bring a good outcome for most of these cases.  I pray you see Nicole very soon!

Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
Quote from: Nicole's Dad;977
I am Nicole's father and I agree. Let's not forget the other children that are down there.

Hi Nicole's Dad - we will help you out, we will help everyone else that is going through your situation now, as David is.

Hang in there. We have a tremendous support here to offer you, Tim and many others beyond David. I am sure your time will come. Once this is over - there will be a lesson learned in Brazil.

Be strong.
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
Quote from: Mom25;1351
Hi Nicole's Dad - we will help you out, we will help everyone else that is going through your situation now, as David is.

Hang in there. We have a tremendous support here to offer you, Tim and many others beyond David. I am sure your time will come. Once this is over - there will be a lesson learned in Brazil.

Be strong.

I have been being strong for almost 3 years. When I first seen David's story last year on the web, I first thought, well there's another one. Then I heard that Bruna passed and I thought forr sure he'll get his son back now.

Trust me on this one. If this can happen to one child, it can happen to all of them. My ex in-laws have money and would do the same thing even if my daughter's mother passed away.

I will not allow that to even get close to happening. I am determined to get my child back where her habitual residence was and was also established in the federal courts in Brazil. All my Hague prerequisites were met there and they still didn't return my child. My child does not belong to them nor do they have the right to make any decisions on what's best for my child. That jurisdiction belongs to the United States. Not Brazil. They are acting entirely irresponsible over this and it will all come back to bite them all.

The enemy is working hard in Brazil against all of these left-behind parents and these children.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »
Nicoles Dad. Altho this campaign started out for Sean we have all come to find how many people are out there who have lost there children to Brazil and other countries. This fight for Sean is bigger than just Sean now. We are hoping this will pave the way for others in your position. Once Sean is home we don't intend to quit. We will keep campaigning until all of the children are where they belong. Everytime I email or call anyone I always mention that there are other children who need to be returned. Hopefully all this publicity will make Brazil think twice before disregarding the law again and little Nicole will be home soon. My heart goes out to you.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 01:39:05 AM »
Nicole's Dad, I spoke a bit about my issue on Dear David, and one other.  I saw your post, & a another quietly putting in their post to their child they'd be coming home next.  You know how we have what are called Amber alerts, for missing children here in USA?  We should start...or perhaps dedicate this site to all other children in the same shoes as Sean.  Make this an offical site to come to for violations of the Hague law. When he comes home I mean, to name something after him, and use THIS site for all others.  Like I've said I'm a mother and my struggle is here in the states.  But I'm angry enough over my problem to benifit all you others here crying for help.  Maybe if you felt comfortable giving use some more info we could start helping you NOW!  
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »
Quote from: Teena;1418
Nicoles Dad. Altho this campaign started out for Sean we have all come to find how many people are out there who have lost there children to Brazil and other countries. This fight for Sean is bigger than just Sean now. We are hoping this will pave the way for others in your position. Once Sean is home we don't intend to quit. We will keep campaigning until all of the children are where they belong. Everytime I email or call anyone I always mention that there are other children who need to be returned. Hopefully all this publicity will make Brazil think twice before disregarding the law again and little Nicole will be home soon. My heart goes out to you.

Sorry, I didn't read what Teena wrote before I posted my note.  Teena you're right, that's what I was trying to say, but you said it so much better.  I'm on board.  
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 06:23:40 PM »
Found this on FB by Kasi

Post #1
Kasi Flatt-Thursby (FSU) wrote8 minutes ago
http://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/brasilcomz/

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I stumbled across this article written by O Globo. Bizarrely enough, it talks about other children that are being held there. This is a sad story they wrote about dealing with a little girl. I used an online translator so it's not the best, but I just wanted to share, so sad:

David Goldman is not the only father to fight in court to have the Brazilian son back.

Marty Pate fighting since 2006 to bring back his daughter Nicole, in 7 years, to Texas. And the Canadian Francois Larivee came back to win order of Federal Court in Brasilia, but when I went for the child of 5 years, the mother disappeared with the child.

With globalization, the world celebrates more multinational marriages, thus increasing the chance of being followed by a divorce custody battle for international.

The U.S. State Department claims that in Brazil there are only 50 children awaiting foreign decision to return to their countries of origin. In 2003, the U.S. came with a request for repatriation of 169 children who are around the world, according to information from the Financial Post.

But the U.S. also received petition from other nations to return 286 children, an annual increase of 23%. Canada has already received requests from 56 families.

Pate agreed that the wife Monica Dutra led the daughter to Brazil for two weeks. But today is processing up to the employer's ex-wife to have it used in Brazil and have purchased a plane ticket for their return journey.

But the struggle of Larivee has more similarities with the 'if Goldman. " The ex-partner Ione won the first instance in the Family Court in Rio de Janeiro, claiming that his father "abandoned the child." Larivee able to reverse the decision and took the case to Federal Court.

In October 2007, the Brazilian Justice ordered that the boy Ione return to Canada. But when Larivee arrived in Brazil to meet with the child, the Brazilian ran away with the child.

At the time, says the "Financial Post," the father of Ione said "Francois is a good guy, but my daughter is a lion and will fight to the end. You will never have this child back, "said Mr identified as Hamois.

Two days later, the vice president of the court of appeal gave Ione the right to withhold the child. Now the struggle in the Brazilian Superior Court of Justice in Brasilia, to neutralize all its losses in 2.5 years of legal battle.

When asked if fighting continues, Larivee said he did "everything they could, all right." The only thing I would do differently, he said, "may not marry with Brazilian ever."
Portuguese > English swapTranslate
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
Teena,

Where did you get this article? Who are these people and how did they get this information about my case? I would appreciate it if I was contacted first before anything to do with my case is published on this site. No worries. I'm not angry. I just want to make sure that I am in the loop on anything that is made public about my respective case although I was smiling whenever I read it. I'm just trying to protect the integrity of my relationship with my daughter.