Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum (or maybe account cookies) issue  (Read 2169 times)

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
Forum (or maybe account cookies) issue
« on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »
On three different computers, I am having issues of my account recognizing that I viewed posts in the International Abduction Cases forum. After reading the updated posts, the thread titles appear in unbolded font (as they do everywhere else). But, I need to exit the subforum (ie, Weinstein) I'm reading and then reenter it and click 'reload' and exit the subforum in order for the 'new posts' icon on the left side of the subforum to become the 'no new posts' icon. I've experienced this issue on 3 different computers (in both Firefox and Opera browsers). This problem started a few weeks back and it only impacts me in that forum everywhere else is fine. Is there something I can change to fix that?

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
Re: Forum (or maybe account cookies) issue
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:52:12 PM »
I don't use Opera. I primarily use FireFox and Safari. It sounds to me like there is either a minor bug in the forum software or more likely, your browser is not totally refreshing and is displaying cached pages.

In Firefox there is not much you can do to force the browser to refresh. I'll try tweaking the META tags, in the source code. Maybe that will help. :nixweiss:
Bob D'Amico