Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joćo Paulo Lins e Silva Statement (Translated)  (Read 23832 times)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Joćo Paulo Lins e Silva Statement (Translated)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »
Quote from: Hannah;15829

They were married in 2007; here is one of their wedding pix.

According to Ricardo's letter, Bruna had stated that she and Sean lived alone with her parents as of December 2005.  So, the earliest that she and JPLeS could have lived together was January 2006.  So, if we assume (that's not always a good thing), at the time of Bruna's death in August 2008, they had only lived together 2 years and 7 months.  

Thankfully, Ricardo points out all of JPLeS's discrepancies in his lovely letter.  :cheer:
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 08:31:53 PM »
Where'd you find that pic?

Offline chopchop

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »
Perhaps this has been posted previously;

http://vejabrasil.abril.com.br/rio-de-janeiro/editorial/m728/o-que-aconteceu-com-bruna .

I thought it was an interesting article about Bruna’s death. The obstetrician talks about how she died - apparently a ruptured uterus which led to cardiac arrest.

The obstetrician was the doctor who delivered Bruna back in 1973 and now he is being sued by JPLS and Bruna's family for malpractice. I'm not one to celebrate anyone's misery, but to hear about JPLS's & Bruna's mothers pain is just about at my limit of compassion.

Machiavelli would be truly entertained by the drama that unfolds daily with these people. Anyway, best of luck to the obstetrician and his legal defense team. He’s going to be another victim of the JPLS "I'm the center of the universe, so you better get used to it" attitude. I’ll bet good money that he wishes he never met Mr. Lin e Silva. Oh well.

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »
Seems like part of this whole story of wanting to retain Sean is anger for Bruna's death. Good find, the article. I feel very bad for this doctor. Some things in medicine are out of our control. Doctors are not magicians. I wonder what he and his staff think of this case. Silvana's pissed off atitude with the doctor shows a lot her personality.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:26:57 AM by M.Capestro »

Offline chopchop

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »
What I found interesting is that JPLS and Bruna's family where pursuing a criminal case against the doctor and hospital.

Bruna died on 8/22/2008 and the article is dated 9/3/2008. That’s 12 days from the time she died to when the article was writen. Perhaps that is enough time to investigate if the situation is a malpractice suit, but I doubt that is enough time to determine if any criminal action was necessary or appropriate. Especially given that was a professional hospital setting. I sincerely doubt that the doctor and staff neglected Bruna in any way.

That said, it shows how quickly Mr. JPLS is to go after anyone who might be connected with something that is unpleasant for Mr. JPLS. I think that Joćo Paulo has a problem accepting life on life's terms.

Oh well, I guess he got a good lesson about that at this hospital.

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
Quote from: M.Capestro;5024
You should also read the response from David's US attorney, Patricia Apy: http://bringseanhome.org/apy.html

This seems to say that Bruna, planned to leave David, and either already knew JPLS from say, school/neighborhood/family connections, or was "found" for her by Moma as a perfect replacement for David. Guess she wanted her only grandson nearby bad enough. Sure, not only was he wealthy, important and influential and could give her the life she "deserved", but he was THE perfect choice because he could help her navigate her way through the whole divorce/custody issue. Me thinks she was shrewder than most gave her credit for. I'm sure she had Sean call him "Pai", so he would be so enamored,(in an ego sort of way) and willing to dish out the dirt to help her keep him. Even if that meant slipping into the "illegal' side of the law. She HAD to have known she could count on JPLS BEFORE she took off with Sean, therefore, JPLS was in it from day one.
If she was unhappy with the choices she'd made,(and many of us were after marriage and had to suffer through the consequences) Bruna obviously wasn't about to SUFFER for the sake of her child. She wanted to have her cake and eat it too.

Offline chopchop

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;16115
This seems to say that Bruna, planned to leave David, and either already knew JPLS from say, school/neighborhood/family connections, or was "found" for her by Moma as a perfect replacement for David. Guess she wanted her only grandson nearby bad enough. Sure, not only was he wealthy, important and influential and could give her the life she "deserved", but he was THE perfect choice because he could help her navigate her way through the whole divorce/custody issue. Me thinks she was shrewder than most gave her credit for. I'm sure she had Sean call him "Pai", so he would be so enamored,(in an ego sort of way) and willing to dish out the dirt to help her keep him. Even if that meant slipping into the "illegal' side of the law. She HAD to have known she could count on JPLS BEFORE she took off with Sean, therefore, JPLS was in it from day one.
If she was unhappy with the choices she'd made,(and many of us were after marriage and had to suffer through the consequences) Bruna obviously wasn't about to SUFFER for the sake of her child. She wanted to have her cake and eat it too.

Sashia,

Your assessment of Bruna is "spot on". Although I would not characterize her as "shrewd", more like selfish and well connected.

The fact that she gave no indication whatsoever to David about any marital unhappiness and later indicated that there was no chance at a reconciliation with him, either in the states or Brazil is evidence of this assertion. Bruna knew that David would be at a severe disadvantage both financially and geographically during his pursuit of his custody rights.  While I'm sure David has had ample time to contemplate any and all of her behavioral indicators that led to this tragic situation, I'm sure that he has come to the conclusion that JPLS was supporting Bruna long before she left with Sean to Brazil. Patricia Apy alludes to this idea briefly in her letter in her letter to the court.

Bruna just doesn't strike me as having the wherewithal to know how to manipulate the Brazilian judiciary to the extent as has been done in this case. Clearly, she needed help with the concepts and procedures of the courts in order to nullify David's legitimate claims for custody of Sean. Only an experienced lawyer would have known how to set up all the early road blocks that David has had to deal with, and that lawyer can only be JPLS.

What I find so disheartening is her determined duplicity in the whole affair, all at the expense of Sean's paternal connection to David. How could a loving mother deny her child such a loving father, baffling. David's character gives no indication whatsoever that he would have made things difficult for Bruna during a divorce claim. Granted, she knew that he was going to want to have joint custody but I don't believe for a moment that David would have ever denied Bruna or her family access to Sean. Furthermore, I'm certain that the New Jersey courts would have provided for dual custody of Sean and Bruna must have known this in advance.

It's clear that she wanted to dictate of all the custody issues and didn't want to be bothered with having to maintain a residence in the states and that is the reason for all this heartache.

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »
Lins e Silva is a sick man! I believe in karma and belive Bruna is paying for her sins in hell..  so will Lins e Silva.

JonathanR

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 12:31:52 AM »
Quote from: Sashia;16115

i too have often wondered if bruna had previously know jples or if silvana had mentioned to her that she knew of a wealthy power-player who was interested. after all, they were together pretty soon after she arrived in brazil. :-/

Offline isabella

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
Quote from: phillyone;66861
I believe in karma and belive Bruna is paying for her sins in hell
Imagine if Sean reads this. Karma caused sean and his sister to lose their mother? after all she is still his mother no matter what.

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
Quote from: chopchop;15994
What I found interesting is that JPLS and Bruna's family where pursuing a criminal case against the doctor and hospital.

Bruna died on 8/22/2008 and the article is dated 9/3/2008. That’s 12 days from the time she died to when the article was writen. Perhaps that is enough time to investigate if the situation is a malpractice suit, but I doubt that is enough time to determine if any criminal action was necessary or appropriate. Especially given that was a professional hospital setting. I sincerely doubt that the doctor and staff neglected Bruna in any way.

That said, it shows how quickly Mr. JPLS is to go after anyone who might be connected with something that is unpleasant for Mr. JPLS. I think that Joćo Paulo has a problem accepting life on life's terms.

I thought JPLS was accusing David of only interested in money... and he's also got a lawsuit in Brazil against David for defaming his good family name... Hmmm.. I wonder who really is all about money now?

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »
I don't think the ridiculous JPLS defamation suit is going anywhere except into the shredder.   I just hope David can recoup the money he was forced to spend to get his son back from these criminals.  It must be rough starting his new life with Sean and being hundreds of thousands in debt.

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:33 PM »
Quote from: JonathanR;66875
i too have often wondered if bruna had previously know jples or if silvana had mentioned to her that she knew of a wealthy power-player who was interested. after all, they were together pretty soon after she arrived in brazil. :-/
Silvana, Bruna's mother, in one of her interviews, stated that they were an "item" (depending on your translation she indicated that they were "together") in college, "but that didn't work out at the time". She also intimated that they briefly "saw" each other prior to that, and that didn't work out either (probably because he was a buffoon). 2 rich spoiled kids in Rio, must have probably gone to the same exclusive schools.

Offline carrots91

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 12:19:11 PM »
Quote from: chopchop;15994

The filing of a law suit so quickly was a tactical legal strategy. The sooner they filed and subpoened records, the less time the doctor and the hospital had time to cover up records, etc. It is sort of like a surprise attack in battle.

JPLS could have been grieving while his law firm did the necessary documents. However it is a little soon for a grieving widow to be thinking about suing. I have always felt that perhaps JPLS and the Bianchis were not as wealthy as everyone thinks they are and thus an opportunity to make money surfaced.

Usually when a family is very wealthy and doesn't need the money, it is best to mourn the loss of the family member and let it rest. When you sue for the loss of a family member, you relive the death and the funeral everyday of the lawsuit which could go on for years. It is best to go on with your life. If you need the money, it is a different situation.

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 01:33:41 PM »
Quote from: isabella;66917
Imagine if Sean reads this. Karma caused sean and his sister to lose their mother? after all she is still his mother no matter what.

oh I agree, I'm not doubting The love Bruna had for Seanand as far as Sean is concerned she was a good mom. But Sean needs to understand that Bruna did make a serious mistake in life by not handling the situation properly and hurt Sean and David. This is why I believe God took her away. She paid for her sins.