Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update on the Goldman Family  (Read 24450 times)

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
Update on the Goldman Family
« on: January 17, 2010, 02:50:11 AM »
My wife and I were at a private party tonight. It had nothing to do with BSH, it was a party for those of us who are in the same business. That is my original connection to David, and how we eventually became friends, business.

Barry and Elle, David and Sean Goldman were there along with other business associates and their children, mostly boys.

I think there were 8 boys, ranging in age from 13 down to 7 years old. They were every where, basement, second floor, front yard, back yard, back to the basement, back to the second floor, a quick raid into the kitchen for "design your own" ice cream sundaes. They were having a total blast!  

I spent a few moments talking with Sean but of course did not mention BringSeanHome.org. His English is excellent and his accent is very, very slight, one might even think it's a French accent. He sat with my wife for awhile, they discussed school, basketball, fishing, his new friends, etc. Carole remarked that he was very polite and not shy at all - after all he is 9 years old and we are adults but that didn't seem to phase him at all.

There is no doubt that Sean is a very happy, normal kid who loves to play, has a sense of humor and is enjoying the freedom of American suburbia.

Both Elle and Barry looked happy and at peace as well and are just thrilled to have him home after so long. Elle claimed that David gets his patience from her, not Barry. :D In truth they are both very decent and kind people so Barry must get some credit as well!

David is a changed man, he is extremely happy and admitted he sometimes looks at Sean and can't believe they are together. We spoke privately with David for about half an hour and I can assure you that he is absolutely passionate about getting more children home. He will be a great champion for the cause.

It was as the best party we've been to in years!
Bob D'Amico

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
Re: Update on the Goldman Family
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 03:59:25 AM »
Wonderful news!
David can believe! They are together! Miracles happen! We continue to pray for them!

Offline Roberta Palermo

• http://www.robertapalermo.com.br
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:34:44 AM »
Thank you for sharing these special moments with us. How could we know if you don't tell us??? And it's very important to see the normal and happy life they are having together. We can say children can adapt faster than we can imagine. He is with dad, what can be better than this? Roberta Palermo

Offline HJeanneret

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 08:02:11 AM »
I love it!!!  Thanks for sharing, Bob.

Offline nickyengland

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 08:07:55 AM »
So Happy to hear . Thank you for sharing !

Offline alleycat55

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »
How wonderful to hear this !!!!!! I am so glad sean and  David and are happy and doing well.  A new calling for David?

Offline njmom28

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 08:12:26 AM »
So great to hear!  Thank you for sharing a glimpse of everyday life!  Sounds very simple, normal, and happy...exactly as it should be.

Offline Jackie in Upstate NY

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 08:14:24 AM »
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT INFO - ONCE AGAIN. NEVER GET TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THE HAPPY ENDING AND THAT THE GOLDMAN FAMILY CONTINUES TO CHERISH FAMILY. I, FOR ONE, NEVER DOUBTED DAVID WANTS TO STAY INVOLVED AND WILL STAY INVOLVED. HE AND SEAN DO DESERVE THEIR TIME AND SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF THAT. AS FAR AS SEAN GOES ... A SWEET APPLE THAT DIDN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE. GLAD TO HEAR HE GETS TO BE "ALL BOY" AND HAVE LOADS OF FUN. THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING - IT MAKES IT A SUNNY DAY !

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:31:16 AM »
Thanks for sharing Bob.  
Sean seems so relieved to be home with his Dad.

Offline cm

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing this Bob.

You've parted the curtain in a little window showing that Sean is doing his job rather well - being a kid, and David is doing his job with love, grace and dignity - making sure that Sean is doing his job! :D
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "  ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
Thank you Bob for sharing.  It's so nice to hear that he seems to be adjusting well and is finally able to be a NORMAL KID!!

Offline jlpoag

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »
Thanks so much for sharing this story with us Bob.  While I know that I'm not a personal friend of David's, I've followed his story for so long that I feel as though I know him well (as well as a lot of you!).  Getting these updates from you periodically are such a blessing and keep me motivated to help bring other kids home asap.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »
Thanks for sharing Bob! I am so happy that Sean is adjusting well. And so happy for David.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline cj13

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
Fantastic news.  :)

Hmmm ice cream sundays.. think I know what I am having for desert today!

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 11:21:32 AM »
Exactly what I expected all along. Children adapt easily when they have the love of a parent, good care, food, toys and friends. Sean is also in a much healthier environment and lifestyle. Thank you Bob for making our Sunday better. By the way, David is lucky to have friends like you and your wife.