Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update on the Goldman Family  (Read 24449 times)

Offline NativeNewYorker

Re: Update on the Goldman Family
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
This is wonderful to hear.  Thanks Bob.

Offline Jeanne M Hannah

• http://jeannehannah.com
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »
Thank you, Bob, for sharing this information with those who, through this forum, have been able to communicate and advocate for David and Sean. I note today a support group for LBPs that is private for them. What a terrific idea!

I have no doubt that Sean is adjusting. I know that David is relieved about the ordeal being over (in the main).

But this statement of yours caught my attention: "I can assure you that he is absolutely passionate about getting more children home. He will be a great champion for the cause."

There are many passionately involved people on this message board advocating for reunification of LBPs and their children. There are many LBPs here, as well. Having the voice of David Goldman behind the LBPs would be the greatest gift of all. He will be able to speak with a voice of experience and authority. He will be able to make a tremendous difference.

There's a new day coming . . . don't you all think? ;-)

Offline Celita

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »
Bob, I admire David so much but I can't forget his friends that were side by side with their familes. Thanks, Bob for sharing and making us feeling so good , cheering all the time. We are all people who cares about our neighbors and seeking for justice and peace. I'll wil be in this site until the last child come back to the place she belongs, so bless God!

Offline dana

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »
Bob,  Thank you for sharing the update on The Goldman family.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of David and Sean, as it has been that way since I saw the story on Dateline.  Now that Sean is home, it is WONDERFUL to get such positive, happy updates.  Thanks again -:)

Offline Irish17

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »
Bob,

Thanks again for sharing. This is wonderful news. I can only imagine the difference in David's personality now.  However with Sean & David, I am sure that they are both in a lot better spots the before. This news is proof. Thanks again for sharing.

Offline FC_Florida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »
Life goes on for that beautiful family... the way it should be. Thanks Bob, for the update on the Goldman's.
* FC_Florida *

Offline nkerry

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 09:23:25 AM »
Ditto with all, thanks Bob for knowing our hearts are curious, but don't want to intrude, and with that knowing being , as always, careful in your protection of the innocence, but lifting our hearts...

the way you described the scene, having raised a boy myself, I could totally imagine, the noise the fun, the loudness (just why are boys so loud?? :) ... the ice cream...

thanks Bob, agree with sentiments, a new day is coming so all LBP parents can have the same ice-cream filled moments.

Offline Mrs.Nisch

• http://www.keepingfamiliesconnected.org
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »
It's nice to know happy endings do happen.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Ana Cristina Costa

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
Yay Bob thank you so much for bringing such happy news!!!
I'm sitting here smiling silly :D
Love the way you write, it made me feel like I was there ;)

I'm sure David will help many other left behind parents!  :clapping:

Quote from: Bob D'Amico;65891
My wife and I were at a private party tonight. It had nothing to do with BSH, it was a party for those of us who are in the same business. That is my original connection to David, and how we eventually became friends, business.

Barry and Elle, David and Sean Goldman were there along with other business associates and their children, mostly boys.

I think there were 8 boys, ranging in age from 13 down to 7 years old. They were every where, basement, second floor, front yard, back yard, back to the basement, back to the second floor, a quick raid into the kitchen for "design your own" ice cream sundaes. They were having a total blast!  

I spent a few moments talking with Sean but of course did not mention BringSeanHome.org. His English is excellent and his accent is very, very slight, one might even think it's a French accent. He sat with my wife for awhile, they discussed school, basketball, fishing, his new friends, etc. Carole remarked that he was very polite and not shy at all - after all he is 9 years old and we are adults but that didn't seem to phase him at all.

There is no doubt that Sean is a very happy, normal kid who loves to play, has a sense of humor and is enjoying the freedom of American suburbia.

Both Elle and Barry looked happy and at peace as well and are just thrilled to have him home after so long. Elle claimed that David gets his patience from her, not Barry. :D In truth they are both very decent and kind people so Barry must get some credit as well!

David is a changed man, he is extremely happy and admitted he sometimes looks at Sean and can't believe they are together. We spoke privately with David for about half an hour and I can assure you that he is absolutely passionate about getting more children home. He will be a great champion for the cause.

It was as the best party we've been to in years!
David, you are a true inspiration to all of us! :clapping:
I know Sean will be the happiest son ever because
he has the best father any child could wish for ;)
God bless you for never giving up!

Offline Shar

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
Wow...so happy to hear Bob's update!    :)

I never doubted for a second that Sean would love being with his Dad and family again.  It's wonderful to know he's free of the pressure and confusion he must have experienced in Brazil.  I'll never tire of hearing how he and David are doing!

Offline jones9458

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »
This is so heartwarming and wonderful to read. Please keep us updated on David & Sean...having visited this forum for SO LONG only to see BAD NEWS and delays, it is refreshing to come and see the good that has come from everyone's hard work and dedication. There is so much to be done - and it's "tidbits" like this that make it all worth it.

Thank you again. LJ

Offline LDJVR

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Seeing how well Sean is adjusting makes me more eager to get the rest of the kids home. I don't think it will be to bad of an adjustment for any of them.

Offline Motherof2

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »
Quote from: LDJVR;66398
Seeing how well Sean is adjusting makes me more eager to get the rest of the kids home. I don't think it will be to bad of an adjustment for any of them.

Kids want to be with their parents no matter how nice the grand parents are. They want to be in their homes period. I would love to hear from Sean in the future.

Offline KimmyRN

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »
I am so happy. Thankyou for the update. I was wondering would David ever be writing a book?? Does anyone know? I love the updates and have such a warm feeling in my heart now. I am so happy Sean is with his Dad!! I am happy David can smile . Please Let me know about a book anyone?!:)

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 03:20:23 PM »
Quote from: Motherof2;66403
Kids want to be with their parents no matter how nice the grand parents are. They want to be in their homes period. I would love to hear from Sean in the future.

I agree with you Mo2. I loved my grandparents, but I much preferred to be with my parents. There is a certain age gap with grandparents too.