Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kidnapping American Children - Costa Rican Style  (Read 88943 times)

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
Re: Kidnapping American Children - Costa Rican Style
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:42 AM »
Blunt is now officially co-sponsor #41! Checked THOMAS this morning and there he was!

Thanks to everyone for helping me out and all other LBP's... funny thing is I haven't heard back from Blunt's office and I called them the other day with no return call??? If you have info that would be helpful to me please give me a call... 417-380-3180 or email at lttlmtn@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Roy Koyama
LBP of Emily Alina Koyama

This group of people is the best in the world!!!

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
Good news...

I spoke to Congressman Blunt's office today and they told me they are going to do everything they can to help me get Emily home safe to the place where she belongs.  Thanks for all the help! Big thanks to UD_Student!!!

Roy Koyama
LBP of Emily Alina Koyama
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:21:15 PM by carlos »

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
it's been a while since I post anything on the BSH I always read all the post and cases but I really don't write much.My Hague Hearing is coming up in Costa Rica may 14 Hopefully i get good news,but as we all know Costa Rica is becoming a refuge for parental kidnapping, my Daughter has been Abducted since 14 Nov 2009,I receive news that if I go to Costa Rica I will be put in jail because my ex wife has put a child support order of $2000 a month and also started accusing of Domestic violence witch it was expected that she would used that strategy. I have gain full custody in the courts here in WA of my daughter but now I'm been treated as if I committed a crime in Costa Rica just by someone lying without any evidence .
I will try to stay calm and just let Justice take it's course and pretty soon my Daughter Abigail and Roy's Daughter Emily will come home soon.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:11 AM »
my ex wife has put a child support order of $2000 a month and also started accusing of Domestic violence witch it was expected that she would used that strategy.

Is that $2000 US dollars/month???

Staying calm cannot be easy to do, but it definitely is important to take care of yourself :)

Are you going there for the hearing? From what you said it sounds like you'd be put in jail. Their legal system definitely needs work as while going through a Hague case there shouldn't be any child support cases started as that is a custody matter and the custody matters aren't supposed to begin until the country of habitation prior to the abduction has been resolved.

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 12:49:17 PM »
my ex wife has put a child support order of $2000 a month and also started accusing of Domestic violence witch it was expected that she would used that strategy.

Staying calm cannot be easy to do, but it definitely is important to take care of yourself :)

Are you going there for the hearing? From what you said it sounds like you'd be put in jail. Their legal system definitely needs work as while going through a Hague case there shouldn't be any child support cases started as that is a custody matter and the custody matters aren't supposed to begin until the country of habitation prior to the abduction has been resolved.

That's correct $2000 dollars a months plus I'll be require to leave 13 months of it in order to leave the Country,I had to cancel my plane ticket for the Hearing on the 14th may and all wanted to do was to see my Daughter for little bit since is been 6 months since I last been with her.
I contact the US Embassy in Costa Rica and they know that this country is been non compliance with the Hague treaty.  I have been in contact with my Congressman as well, I been asking for help and also to co sponsor HR 3240

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

That's correct $2000 dollars a months plus I'll be require to leave 13 months of it in order to leave the Country,I had to cancel my plane ticket for the Hearing on the 14th may and all wanted to do was to see my Daughter for little bit since is been 6 months since I last been with her.
I contact the US Embassy in Costa Rica and they know that this country is been non compliance with the Hague treaty.  I have been in contact with my Congressman as well, I been asking for help and also to co sponsor HR 3240
I got full Custody of my Daughter with visitation for the Mother as she was order to immediately return my Daughter to the jurisdiction of this court long before she put child support in Costa Rica and claim all kinds of allegations and making up emails that she said I send  calling her all kinds of names.I got recording of all conversations and they all said sorry and that I'm a good father and I give them everything . I also got Divorce and have serve her twice the paper in Costa Rica of the custody order .

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »
I have been in contact with my Congressman as well, I been asking for help and also to co sponsor HR 3240

I don't recall who your rep is. Can you please remind me? Thanks!

The child support is absurdly high (perhaps I am mistaken and you are a multi-millionaire and that would be more in line with a set percentage of your income/assets), but I can't fathom what child in a third world country requires that much financial assistance to thrive.

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:30 PM »
I have been in contact with my Congressman as well, I been asking for help and also to co sponsor HR 3240

I don't recall who your rep is. Can you please remind me? Thanks!

The child support is absurdly high (perhaps I am mistaken and you are a multi-millionaire and that would be more in line with a set percentage of your income/assets), but I can't fathom what child in a third world country requires that much financial assistance to thrive.

Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) I have been his office and sign some papers for them to assist me on this matter. I'm not a millionaire my exwife is just trying to get money out of me  used my daughter to collect money so she can live of me and I don't make much money but I been sending  some money  even if I can't see my daughter because I don't know what my baby is going threw.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »

I don't recommend you skip the hearing out of fear of being arrested.  Too many of us have made similar mistakes and have lived to regret it.  It's in your best interest to attend the hearing in person.  The judge will be less likely to decide in your favor if you don't show up in court and the best chance to win a Hague Case is by showing up for the first hearing, asking for an immediate decision and getting out of the country ASAP with your child.  The Costa Rican child support and custody decisions are illegal and should get thrown out.  If you have a lawyer in CR and he's telling you not to come don't listen to him.  They always say that because they are either ignorant or they know if you're not there you can't win quickly (how can they give your daughter back if you're not even there!?) and they guarantee themselves a steady stream of income as the Hague case drags on for many months or years.  If you were actually arrested and put in jail for child support while trying to attend a Hague hearing the State Dept. and US Embassy would need to get you out and it would very probably help your case.  Best of luck on the 14th.. it's also my son's birthday.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »

I don't recommend you skip the hearing out of fear of being arrested.  Too many of us have made similar mistakes and have lived to regret it.  It's in your best interest to attend the hearing in person.  The judge will be less likely to decide in your favor if you don't show up in court and the best chance to win a Hague Case is by showing up for the first hearing, asking for an immediate decision and getting out of the country ASAP with your child.  The Costa Rican child support and custody decisions are illegal and should get thrown out.  If you have a lawyer in CR and he's telling you not to come don't listen to him.  They always say that because they are either ignorant or they know if you're not there you can't win quickly (how can they give your daughter back if you're not even there!?) and they guarantee themselves a steady stream of income as the Hague case drags on for many months or years.  If you were actually arrested and put in jail for child support while trying to attend a Hague hearing the State Dept. and US Embassy would need to get you out and it would very probably help your case.  Best of luck on the 14th.. it's also my son's birthday.
Hi Carlos, I do have a lawyer she's is going to represent me in my hearing and also to deal with all the other issues that my ex is accusing now, the problem is that I would be arrested at the airport as soon as I land ,I already talk to the US embassy and they told me the same and that I need to get out to the media because Costa Rica is been non compliance,I want to wait until the hearing because don't want to hurt my case,I have a plane ticket ready for the decision,on the 14th and my lawyer is going to ask for visitation and to bring what ever child support down to a more reasonable amount as a back up plan while we deal with the Hague.
I have be ready for anything,  I married in Costa Rica in 2006 when I was heading on my second Deployment to Iraq and I was born in Costa Rica but not lived there in 20 years  so it's a little complicated because now there saying I have to go by the Costa rican laws even if I'm a US citizen as well as my Daughter so I have to still fight the Hague case and also since there trying to make me go by the costa rican laws well I could get visitation where I can spend time with my daughter while the Appeals go on in the Hague case because it could last a while as we know. Happy birthday to your Son ...
                                                                              nice hearing from you again

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 04:04:07 PM »

Hi Carlos, I do have a lawyer she's is going to represent me in my hearing and also to deal with all the other issues that my ex is accusing now, the problem is that I would be arrested at the airport as soon as I land ,I already talk to the US embassy and they told me the same and that I need to get out to the media because Costa Rica is been non compliance,I want to wait until the hearing because don't want to hurt my case,I have a plane ticket ready for the decision,on the 14th and my lawyer is going to ask for visitation and to bring what ever child support down to a more reasonable amount as a back up plan while we deal with the Hague.
I have be ready for anything,  I married in Costa Rica in 2006 when I was heading on my second Deployment to Iraq and I was born in Costa Rica but not lived there in 20 years  so it's a little complicated because now there saying I have to go by the Costa rican laws even if I'm a US citizen as well as my Daughter so I have to still fight the Hague case and also since there trying to make me go by the costa rican laws well I could get visitation where I can spend time with my daughter while the Appeals go on in the Hague case because it could last a while as we know. Happy birthday to your Son ...
                                                                              nice hearing from you again
I do feel like flying down there for the hearing even if I get put in jail just to prove a point, if I could get the support from the State Department and US embassy to bail me out, I would be there Asap to get with my lawyer in person and prepare for the hearing.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
I'm concerned that your lawyer doesn't know the Hague Convention very well.  Has she ever handled a Hague case before?  The fact that you were born and married in Costa Rica DOES NOT MATTER.  The Hague Convention IS a Costa Rican law.  They signed it.  For purposes of the Hague Convention citizenship and nationality are not important.  Only the place of "habitual residence" or "home country."  Under the Convention only one court can hear the custody case, the court that is in the "home country."    It wouldn't matter if you were not a legal US Resident or even if your daughter were not a US citizen.  For the Hague Convention, the "home country" is the place the child actually lived prior to the abduction or illegal retention.  Child support should not be reduced it should be eliminated and the fraudulent custody order revoked.  Costa Rica cannot make custody determinations of any kind until the Hague case has been heard.  The core of the Hague case is determining which country has the right to decide custody issues.  How can Costa Rica decide custody related issues before they have decided if they have the right to do so?  

Article 16 of the Hague Convention

After receiving notice of a wrongful removal or retention of a child in the sense of Article 3, the judicial or administrative authorities of the Contracting State to which the child has been removed or in which it has been retained shall not decide on the merits of rights of custody until it has been determined that the child is not to be returned under this Convention or unless an application under this Convention is not lodged within a reasonable time following receipt of the notice.
― Rumi

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
I do feel like flying down there for the hearing even if I get put in jail just to prove a point, if I could get the support from the State Department and US embassy to bail me out, I would be there Asap to get with my lawyer in person and prepare for the hearing.

Alli te va!  If they put you in jail it will be an international news story overnight and we'll fight like hell to get you out fast.
― Rumi

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »

Alli te va!  If they put you in jail it will be an international news story overnight and we'll fight like hell to get you out fast.
[/quote
It sounds good I'm ready, but I need the State Department and the US embassy to help me once I'm down there or else I'll be in jail until I can pay what she's asking witch is $2000 X13 months.

Offline Dan_Plainview

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2010, 06:20:56 PM »

Carlos is right on all accounts. You need to talk to your Lawyer in Costa Rica and have her petition the Federal Judge to stay all decision/ orders from the Family Courts there regarding Custody/ Child Support, etc.. Costa Rican Family Courts do not have jurisdiction over custody matters (at least not now and not until the end of the Hague proceeding); the Federal Court has jurisdiction for the Hague case. You should be free to participate in the hearing w/o fear of being incarcerated. There must be something your Lawyer can do for you ... I think appearing in person for the hearing sends a strong message to the Judge.
Dan

Break my heart for what breaks Yours