Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kidnapping American Children - Costa Rican Style  (Read 88948 times)

Offline greg4sean

Re: Kidnapping American Children - Costa Rican Style
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
Great news! I will keep praying for you.
As Sean said to David: "Maximum Force"

Isaac Savoie: “The Force is in you Daddy!”

Offline ANALE

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »
Lots of good luck.  Hope everything works out without any glitches.  Will say a prayer for you.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »
Hoping everything goes well for OIF_Vet today too.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »
Ok I found out today that she only gets three days to appeal the decision from the judge.  As for the custody, it crack me up how Costa Rica thinks they can dictate how we handle our business by saying I can't have Emily until custody is resolved... well, I have a full custody order in place that gives me full parental rights to Emily and Trina gets none.  She will only get court supervised visits since she would most likely be in prison for a little while.  She needs to remember that the prosecuting attorney here gave her a chance to come back last year and charges would be dropped... well, she didn't even respond to the the prosecuting attorney which sealed the deal on her charges to stick for sure.  I never want my daughter to not have her mother in her life, but It'll be a cold day in Hades if she gets to have her alone for a long time.

I am excited because I know what is happening is God's will and not mine...  I gave this fight to him a long time ago, or I would be crazy right now.

Best wishes to all,

Roy Koyama - LBP of Emily Alina Koyama

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
Ok I found out today that she only gets three days to appeal the decision from the judge.  As for the custody, it crack me up how Costa Rica thinks they can dictate how we handle our business by saying I can't have Emily until custody is resolved... well, I have a full custody order in place that gives me full parental rights to Emily and Trina gets none.  She will only get court supervised visits since she would most likely be in prison for a little while.  She needs to remember that the prosecuting attorney here gave her a chance to come back last year and charges would be dropped... well, she didn't even respond to the the prosecuting attorney which sealed the deal on her charges to stick for sure.  I never want my daughter to not have her mother in her life, but It'll be a cold day in Hades if she gets to have her alone for a long time.

I am excited because I know what is happening is God's will and not mine...  I gave this fight to him a long time ago, or I would be crazy right now.

Best wishes to all,

Roy Koyama - LBP of Emily Alina Koyama

I am excited AND nervous for you....please keep us posted and good luck!

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:59 AM »
Ok I found out today that she only gets three days to appeal the decision from the judge.

I take that means she has until Monday evening to appeal?

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »
Ok I found out today that she only gets three days to appeal the decision from the judge.

I take that means she has until Monday evening to appeal?
Actually today should be the last day since the judge ruled on Tuesday... but who knows what is really going on??? I will be on the news again tonight as far as I have been told by the anchor man from the local station.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2010, 11:08:47 AM »
I will be on the news again tonight as far as I have been told by the anchor man from the local station.

How did it go?

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »
The news piece looked good.  I had forgotten that your daughter's mother, just like in the Tomayko case, is not even a citizen of Costa Rica and took your daughter to a country that is foreign even to herself.  What legal right does she even have to be in that country?  Can't they just yank her visa or deport/extradite her?  Does she even speak Spanish?
― Rumi

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
The news piece looked good.  I had forgotten that your daughter's mother, just like in the Tomayko case, is not even a citizen of Costa Rica and took your daughter to a country that is foreign even to herself.  What legal right does she even have to be in that country?  Can't they just yank her visa or deport/extradite her?  Does she even speak Spanish?

Tomakyo got asylum, as I recall. I do know a case where the mother was also not Costa Rican - Mary McBeth, and they did deport her and return her son to his father. Maybe it has to do with the fact he filed the Hague application?

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »
well I just got back from Costa Rica last night,I surprise everybody when I walk in the Judges office, there was a representative from PANY present witch he didn't know that this was a Hague convention hearing for my daughters return until the middle of the hearing :confused:. the way it looks there trying to make this into a Costa Rica custody battle.
Good thing I purchase a book about the Hague convention for my lawyer right outside the court room now she is understanding more about the situation and the steps to take for Wednesday when they issue an order.

Offline OIF vet

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »
I was Able to see my daughter in this little police shack for about 5 minutes with everyone looking ,but I did not pay attention! all I care was about my daughter and to hold her for the first time in Half a year.
Now I just hope I will be able to travel again to see her.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »
Here's the clip:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/93868454.html

Just so everyone knows, "wearenotmissing" in the comments is a parental kidnapper and buddies with our good friend Emmanuel Lazaridis.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2010, 07:44:35 PM »
I was Able to see my daughter in this little police shack for about 5 minutes with everyone looking ,but I did not pay attention! all I care was about my daughter and to hold her for the first time in Half a year.
Now I just hope I will be able to travel again to see her.

I'm so glad you were able to be see your daughter, even if it was only for a few minutes with everyone watching.  Are they going to issue a decision on Wednesday?
― Rumi