Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Background Information  (Read 29779 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: Background Information
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »
Quote from: ProudDaddy;48378
I see. But to renew my US visa my company will have to pay over $200.00...
I'm guessing that's because they're paying a visa service to do it for you. If in fact the U.S. has raised the price to $200 for a visa, then Brazil has too. They play a game of tit-for-tat with the United States.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »
Shouldn't you be hearing something soon with your appeal?

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
Quote from: gail;48929
Shouldn't you be hearing something soon with your appeal?
Mine is NOT an appeal. I am waiting for a ruling on the initial claim. And yes, I am hoping that it comes before the courts have their winter recess.

Offline ProudDaddy

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;48936
Mine is NOT an appeal. I am waiting for a ruling on the initial claim. And yes, I am hoping that it comes before the courts have their winter recess.

"Their winter  recess"? But that will be in next July...

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2009, 12:38:02 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;48936
Sorry.  I knew you were waiting for a ruling, I don't know why I wrote appeal?  I hope your ruling comes before the break.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »
Quote from: ProudDaddy;48938
"Their winter  recess"? But that will be in next July...

Probably should have said Christmas recess which is almost synonymous with winter break here -- especially for teachers :)
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline alleycat

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »
What beautiful children Tweinstein..... !!!!!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
I hope you're having a great time with your children!

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »
Quote from: gail;63468
I hope you're having a great time with your children!
It was a good trip. The journey home was LONG though (5 flights and 36 hours traveling). My children constantly asked me when I would be going back.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;63785
It was a good trip. The journey home was LONG though (5 flights and 36 hours traveling). My children constantly asked me when I would be going back.

Without going into too much information, did your wife seem to be more willing to return to the US?  I know you said in the past that she was worried about being arrested and you have said you don't want that for her -- that's very respectable of you.  

I hope and pray that she will just do the right thing and come home...your kids deserve to see you all the time, not just when you can make a trip to Brazil.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;63785
Oh boy, tough questions.  At least you and your ex get along and that's good for the kids.  Was there any talk about her bringing the children back home?

Offline Celita

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
I don't know if you notice, but we, Brazilian, are like lions to protect our rights and beloved ones. I think we can expect that other (foreign) have the same right to do the same. The Brazilian are very friendly and they are supportive , however, it's necessary your story become  public. It's bad for you to know that for our culture, the children are better with their mother, unbless she has misconduct. I found out that here in Us the judges think the same about the mother get the custody of the children. I have been witnessed ...
God bless you!

I'm sorry for you, and I wish I could help you. I 'm always there. I love my country and my people (not all, the evildoers are in the oven ...)
My late husband loved Brazil so much and our people. He conquered everybody there.
Let me know if I can do anything for you.Peace be with you!

Quote from: tweinstein;1158
One more thing that I forgot to mention in my first reply. I have actually been contacted by a number of Brazilian journalists in the past week. I discussed with the other left-behind fathers that I am in contact with whether we should make our individual stories public within Brazil or whether we would like to emphasize the country's non-compliance of the Hague Convention.

Because most of us still have some degree of contact with our children, we are very hesitant to publicly antagonize our childrens' mothers. David has nothing to lose by making his fight public in Brazil. Most of us are forced to constantly balance between passivity and aggression in our fight for our children.

Offline Celita

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
I could say that if you don't make public is very comfortable for the "Mom", so she will be not judged. If you decide not to fight, do the same that David did ( took some time for he make it public and was a waste of time).  I am always in Brazil and even from here I can contact many people. Don't hesitate to ask me whatever you need , or you think I could do for help you. I bought so many fights and I like to win. If I put my arm in the fire, I get so involved that all my body goes into the ardent furnace.
I think we must be consistent, fear not (never), because the other side get weak once you start to respond.
Who am I to tell you all that, but since I had my office (dentist) I used to give advices for free and fight together.
I have two trips to Rio de Janeiro: next March 31 (ten days), and May 24 til June 25.
You have my gmail address. Feel welcome .

Quote from: Celita;65794
I don't know if you notice, but we, Brazilian, are like lions to protect our rights and beloved ones. I think we can expect that other (foreign) have the same right to do the same. The Brazilian are very friendly and they are supportive , however, it's necessary your story become public. It's bad for you to know that for our culture, the children are better with their mother, unbless she has misconduct. I found out that here in Us the judges think the same about the mother get the custody of the children. I have been witnessed ...
God bless you!

I'm sorry for you, and I wish I could help you. I 'm always there. I love my country and my people (not all, the evildoers are in the oven ...)
My late husband loved Brazil so much and our people. He conquered everybody there.
Let me know if I can do anything for you.Peace be with you!

Offline Celita

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
Dear Friend,
I was reading this morning the opinion about the program that TV RECORD aired yesterday afternoon and I'm glad that the Brazilian loved to hear the real story and the people there in Brazil (my people), are favorable completely to David having his son back to the place he(SG) belongs.
Never give up. Never! Never! Never!

Offline Celita

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
U.S. urges the return of 28 children http://www.diarioweb.com.br/novoportal/Noticias/Mundo/3355,,EUA+pedem+a+volta+de+28+criancas.aspx

As the boy S., aged 9, who left yesterday with his father, David Goldman, to the United States, 54 other children who lived in Brazil away from their parents or were returned there was agreement between the parties between 2003 and 2009. In the opposite way, 22 children who were illegally abroad had their status regularized in the same period.

Brazil and the United States returned the same amount of children: seven children - including S. - Returned to the two countries and there was agreement between the parties. The United States, however, still demanded the return of 28 children, while Brazil awaits the return of 11. Sixty-three requests made by Brazil and 155 in foreign countries are still unresolved (see sidebar). The figures are part of a survey conducted by the Attorney-General of the Union (AGU) at the request of the State.

Shortly after confirming the departure of the boy S. and his father to the U.S. charge d'Affaires U.S. Embassy in Brasilia, Lisa Kubiske stressed that Washington wants to solve, with the cooperation of the Brazilian government, the 28 similar cases still unresolved. "We continue to work with the government of Brazil to resolve promptly all other cases pending related to the Hague Convention," he said through a press release.

In the note, Lisa Kubiske thanked Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, and all who have worked in Brazil and the U.S., the "successful completion" of the case.

According to the head of the International Department of the AGU, Daniele Aleixo, are all cases similar to the S. "The father or mother came from a foreign country to Brazil without the consent of the spouse. Or came to Brazil with the authorization to spend some time, which was extrapolated," he says. She said the two cases are considered kidnapping.

The returns were preceded by processes sometimes more complicated than the boy S. These processes are based on the Hague Convention of 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. In force in Brazil since 2000, the treaty requires the delivery of children brought from countries without the permission of a parent. "The cases have been increasing over the years," said Daniele. She said Brazil can be considered a country highly cooperative.

According to information from the AGU, among the cases of repatriation are accusations of child sexual abuse, domestic violence and abuse. In asking the Supreme Court (STF) to order the delivery of S. the father, the attorney general of the Union, Luis Inácio Lucena Adams, said that keeping the boy in Brazil is threatening Brazilian children abducted in other countries.

"Failing to be a cooperating country, Brazil has breached its obligations and risks no longer have their requests for international legal treated, particularly under the international principle of reciprocity," he said.

Adams also argued that the breach of the treaty could result in penalties to Brazil and put the image of the country abroad.

Two cases resolved recently involved the England and Germany. At first, the father of a teenager of Guararapes (PE) (Pe: Pernambuco, estate of Brasil, North ) go to court to get back the son who was in England. In another recent case, was guaranteed to return to Germany of a child of 5 years.