Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Webpage started by Left-Behind Parents with Children abducted to Japan  (Read 3599 times)

Offline pptoland

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=98937667971
Here is a link to a new web page developed by parents with children abducted to Japan.  This is just a start, and we will be adding more in the coming days and weeks.  Your suggestions for improvements are welcome.  Paul

http://www.bachome.org

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
Great job with the website Paul and other LBPs. Given that child abduction to Japan is a separate and distinct problem, it's a good idea to have this. I especially like the banner - it stands out, and the introduction is very well and movingly written.

Just a few small suggestions:

- I thought it would be helpful to have even a small world map, preferably on the home page, highlighting countries that have children abducted to Japan perhaps with lines (like flight routes) going to Japan and showing the Japanese flag to clearly identify the country. Perhaps also adding figures of children abducted from each country, if you have them. Think depicting this problem in a graphic would be stark and compelling and also hopefully "tweak" Japan some more. Same concept could be depicted with flags of abducted from countries on one side (w/figures), and the Japanese flag alone.

- Using bullet points for a few key facts (like how many American children in particular (and also children overall) have been abducted to Japan, mentioning Japan is the only country in the G8 that hasn't signed the HC, Japan has never returned a child etc.) will help people focus on and retain the information (again, looking to tweak them!)

- I was wondering if you should mention Japan's sensitivity over the children kidnapped to North Korea to highlight the double standards.

Offline pptoland

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=98937667971

- I thought it would be helpful to have even a small world map, preferably on the home page, highlighting countries that have children abducted to Japan perhaps with lines (like flight routes) going to Japan and showing the Japanese flag to clearly identify the country. Perhaps also adding figures of children abducted from each country, if you have them. Think depicting this problem in a graphic would be stark and compelling and also hopefully "tweak" Japan some more. Same concept could be depicted with flags of abducted from countries on one side (w/figures), and the Japanese flag alone.

- Using bullet points for a few key facts (like how many American children in particular (and also children overall) have been abducted to Japan, mentioning Japan is the only country in the G8 that hasn't signed the HC, Japan has never returned a child etc.) will help people focus on and retain the information (again, looking to tweak them!)

- I was wondering if you should mention Japan's sensitivity over the children kidnapped to North Korea to highlight the double standards.

Thanks Lexi,  I appreciate the feedback and will pass along to our website administrator.  Paul

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member

Thanks Lexi,  I appreciate the feedback and will pass along to our website administrator.  Paul

You're welcome, anytime.