Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Appeal Filed  (Read 32592 times)

Offline BringJusticeHome

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Appeal Filed
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »
^^^^ agreed ive only spoke with Daisy once and that was when i first opened up my case. after numerous calls and voicemails havnt heard from her since. Eventually i am going to file a complaint and make some noise there but i am not going to focus my time on them just yet..

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
I very rarely ask them anymore for help. You would think then when I do, I would get a response. However, I recently learned that my case was moved to another court and I cannot access the online dockets anymore. I wrote OCI two weeks ago asking for an update on my case and the new case number so that I could know what was going on. I am still waiting for a reply.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
You still have not heard anything? 

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that nothing will be resolved through the courts and I will need to reach a settlement on my own.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 08:19:24 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that.  I do hope your ex will let the children come visit here in the states. How are your children?

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that.  I do hope your ex will let the children come visit here in the states. How are your children?
My children are doing well. I was able to see them during Christmas break. They are now spending one week at summer camp. I'm trying to come to some resolution for them to either visit here or return with their mother. At this point in the game, I'm thinking that something like Francois Larivee arranged wouldn't be so bad.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »
I agree.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »
I just received an email from the BCA stating that the judge will hear the appeal on my case within the next two months. I have no idea what time-frame this means for an actual ruling as it took the first court nearly 2 years to issue a ruling after the case was heard.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 09:27:53 AM »
I just received an email from the BCA stating that the judge will hear the appeal on my case within the next two months. I have no idea what time-frame this means for an actual ruling as it took the first court nearly 2 years to issue a ruling after the case was heard.

Fingers crossed that a decision on your appeal will come sooner rather than later.......

I seem to spend most of my time with fingers crossed for the LBP's on this forum. :rolleyes:

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 01:22:13 PM »
Niiiice
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
I'm interested to know what Andrei thinks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they issued a decision in less than a month after the hearing.  There's no new evidence allowed so once they actually hear the case it doesn't make much sense to wait to make and write their decision because they'll just have to go back and review the docket it again while writing their decision.  I'm hoping this means you'll have a decision in the next 3 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't either..
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »
There're no hearings at the second instance (not the kind of "hearing" that happens in the first instance). After the proceeding be analysed by the rappourter judge and the reviser judge, the president of the panel will schedule a date for the judgement. It's possible one of the judges request more time to analyse the case, but usually it's decided in the same day.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
I received a phone call from the BCA today to inform me that my case will be analyzed on March 14. I'm guessing this means that I will have a ruling then. The BCA has a newer case manager who takes a personal approach to the cases he handles (as versus playing politics). For the past month (since I said the magic words, whatever they were) I have received weekly phone calls from him updating me on the progress of my appeal. This is in stark contrast to the prior 4 1/2 years in which I fought tooth and nail for any type of information. Obviously, he realizes how little assistance LBPs get from the OCI in that he is completely bypassing protocols. If he is reading this post, THANK YOU!! :yeahthat

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 06:21:33 PM »
I received a phone call from the BCA today to inform me that my case will be analyzed on March 14. I'm guessing this means that I will have a ruling then. The BCA has a newer case manager who takes a personal approach to the cases he handles (as versus playing politics). For the past month (since I said the magic words, whatever they were) I have received weekly phone calls from him updating me on the progress of my appeal. This is in stark contrast to the prior 4 1/2 years in which I fought tooth and nail for any type of information. Obviously, he realizes how little assistance LBPs get from the OCI in that he is completely bypassing protocols. If he is reading this post, THANK YOU!! :yeahthat

Is there any sort of dialogue between you and your wife regarding a possible arrangement?  I know you mentioned Larivee and possibly working something out, or are you waiting for the appeal result? 

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 07:49:34 PM »

That's another great development.  I'm hopeful that the court will do the right thing.  The decisions I've seen from Brazil's high courts in these cases have been good... when they finally get around to making them. 

I think the Mexican Central Authority is also unhappy with the total lack of assistance parents get from the OCI.  Not that Mexico doesn't deserve to be marked as non-compliant but, OCI sets parents up to fail by providing incomplete or inaccurate information and little or no support then says Mexico is the problem.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi